You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Stop telling people ranked is P2W PLEASE!

52 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

PLEASE!!!

How many 15,500 Bly<content removed> have you seen in low level ranked? Numerous right?

Or 13,800 Sims? Also numerous.

Or 15,200 Leningrad? Ok not so many, but there aren't so many Leningrad in ranked.

I also encountered quite a few stupid Belfast in my Fiji

Trying to go full salvo fight with me(Belfast gets a bad firing angle, and full salvo can be lolpen by Fiji's AP)

Firing AP at my bowing on Fiji(come on you are not 203mm)

Staying in the smoke even tho I'm hydro charging that smoke. Only to get deleted by Fiji's AP.

Or a Scharnhorst I met today that chased a Nagato all the way to the borderline of the map, dealing only minimum damage, unable to hit even a single torp and even got himself killed.

Or some 3/0/1 Saipan that don't have AS, don't know how to support the team, giving the opponent Hiryu a Clear Sky.

You are making it sound like any potato can just pay for a premium and win all the way to R1.

But the fact is a potato is still a potato, no matter what ship he is playing.

Yes a certain premium can help one get a easier time in ranked, but only if one is skilled.

Low level ranked is more like whoever gets less P2W minded baBBies or <content removed> or *words describing potato DD and CV* wins.

As for myself, I do have Belfast(bought in November last year first release) and do fairly well in random(69 solo WR), but considering my play style(full maneuverability setup with non-premium consumables) and how I haven't played this ship in PvP in like two months, and how much people concentrate on Belfast, I'll just go with Fiji.

Insults/Derogatory comments. Post Edited. User Sanctioned

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

Considering both tech tree players and premium ship players is in the same skill range....those premium ships definitely have more advantage than the tech tree ones.

But the number of stupid Belfast I've seen in ranked is definitely more than stupid Fijis…

381 posts
9,957 battles

If a premium ship give one side a clear advantage (assuming both are at same skill level) then it's p2w. No gaming company is stupid enough to make a "Press for R1" button.

And honestly this topic makes me wonder if you are really misunderstanding the definition of p2w or a failed effort to tell us a joke.

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

If a premium ship give one side a clear advantage (assuming both are at same skill level) then it's p2w. No gaming company is stupid enough to make a "Press for R1" button.

And honestly this topic makes me wonder if you are really misunderstanding the definition of p2w or a failed effort to tell us a joke.

I'm not denying that buying certain premiums give you a clear advantage, but I do see a huge amount of *@+-=/ premium players in ranked that I seriously doubt they think they own a bottom named "pay" that gives you rank 1 when pressed.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

TBH Iv'e been running the Colorado in ranked even though I have a Scharnhorst as I can deal more damage in it, just because a ship is good in randoms doesn't mean it will be good in ranked,

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

How many non premium have you seen at the higher rank ?

end of story

every single BB i see above R10 has either been colorados, nagatos or genis, rarely any scharns

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

How many non premium have you seen at the higher rank ?

end of story

I'm not denying premiums are giving you advantage and some are quite dominant(I most certainly don't mean Indianapolis). I'm just wondering why so many potatoes are just doing the great Derpitz migration (happened mid 2015 when Derpitz was first sold) in ranked. I guess therez something to do with all the P2W comments at the T7 premium sells announcement.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

This ranked season is so messed up idk where to start :

Late last night try 10 games only win 2 with Akatsuki and Colorado.

Smokes are everywhere and the few ships that get RADAR to actively attacks are sadly premium ship.

Potatoes as allies are killing me : an Akatsuki chase off a Myouko while we badly need to cap and ignore the chat warning him , a Payfast was told to stay but got out and eat a torp salvo while i have warned him not to , ... the list goes on.

Carriers seemingly have no use for Ranked , Hiryu planes are too paper , Ranger is one dimensional and Saipan is too sad ...

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

Belfat kill DD.. and cause so much delay to cap. So having a Belfat in a battle is very useful. 

Fiji is good yes, but then, not every time player like Halycon will meet a Belfat in close encounter.

I still believe its P2W. (I am the poor guy)

Edited by RimauLaut

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

Fact is fact that many premiums in this tier are head and shoulder above their tech tree cousins.

WG is badly in debt that they try to squeeze out every penny they can get. Poor them really , would help with some charity :B.

I am against this kind of strategy , the game is going into the direction of WoT OP P2W premium tanks.

If you badly need cash be creative instead of the old run of the mill thinking.

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

I do pretty much fine in RB by just using ARP Myoko clones.Easily get to R11 in 2 or 3 days.

offtopic:
-What are the prizes for players who  only managed to reach R1 in season 6 besides the camou and 2.5k doubloons?

Edited by Vanguisher88

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

Uhm… I guess I didn't express my idea clearly…

Yes it's true that paying for a premium can give you advantage in ranked. I'm not denying this.

(Even if it's a clone of a tech tree ship. I would certainly buy a Gneis clone if the price is low, so I won't have to retrain my only KM BB captain on Gneis. I'm forced to use Scharn if I want to play BB in ranked, as my KM BB captain is GK's.)

But a major problem is that the P2W talk may have caused potatoes to have false illusion about premiums, as I see so many pay to lose people

Edited by _Halcyon

411 posts
6,164 battles

At least Ranked gave me a nice opportunity to grind past my Nagato and get the Amagi in a day ! :teethhappy:Reaching whatever rank is just a bonus:coin:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

OMG you can see them, but I cant

It's that sweet moment seconds before half my team sinks while I'm 5km to the left slugging it out against two cruisers.