You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DanDansOY

1572 BattleShips

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
7 posts
4 battles

I hope there will be a World of Warships Classic :teethhappy:  
I play this game and its really awesome especially the Effects, big sea waves and strong wind
I hope WoWs developer will do this too.

. :)

These guys use Mortars.
credits to video Uploader.

Edited by DanDansOY

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

you might wanna consider removing the vid that is not related to WoWs at all or else....crayons are coming in......

oh wait....kek

rA68f5H.png

:honoring:

Edited by GeneralPaps

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

you might wanna consider removing the vid that is not related to WoWs at all or else....crayons are coming in......

oh wait....kek

rA68f5H.png

:honoring:

LOL :teethhappy:

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

WoWS will have a new meaning there : World of Wooden Ships. :hiding:

(I see my name there!)

Edited by Windforce

[KEBAB]
Super Tester
195 posts
6,012 battles

I hope there will be a World of Warships Classic :teethhappy:  

I play this game and its really awesome especially the Effects, big sea waves and strong wind

I hope WoWs developer will do this too.

. :)

These guys use Mortars.

credits to video Uploader.

It was made clear by the developers that their games would be featuring vehicles and concepts present during world war two up to the early sixties (iirc). They won't be implementing "classic" ships

Beta Tester
7 posts
4 battles

It was made clear by the developers that their games would be featuring vehicles and concepts present during world war two up to the early sixties (iirc). They won't be implementing "classic" ships

Can you give me a link? you know what i mean. :)

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

60s???

So we has helicopters?

[KEBAB]
Super Tester
195 posts
6,012 battles

60s???

So we has helicopters?

not for sheeps, just for tonks. just pointing out that we're not gettin anything close to sailin ships

Beta Tester
13 posts
114 battles

WoWS will have a new meaning there : World of Wooden Ships. :hiding:

(I see my name there!)

BHAHAHA, i love it, it would be an interesting game lol

[KEBAB]
Super Tester
195 posts
6,012 battles

Im a ship modeller

15-17 century ships

They sailed better backwards than forwards

wut.

Are you pulling my leg?

Beta Tester
17 posts
2,153 battles

Derek

They where designed on the shape of a mullet

The thinking was that because a fish was this shape a ship would move as good

Look at the Bounty fancy pushing that bow through a heavy sea

1 post
108 battles

A DAMN fine idea, sir!

Maybe not the renaissance-era warships, but I'd certainly be all over C19th stuff, like the first ironclads, American Civil War ships like the USS Monitor (mostly submersed ironclad with rotating turret) and the CSS Virginia, all the way up to and including more of the dreadnoughts that're already there in the early tiers.  Like, perhaps HMS Dreadnought (come on, come on - more GB ships!!!), and the pre-dreadnoughts like HMS Nelson and Agamemnon.  

I'm sure we'll keep seeing dreadnoughts onwards, but if WG could just stretch themselves back another 50 years in history... ;-)

The thing is, it makes sense in Warships to model historical set-piece battles, because the ships are inidividuals - they have names, histories and "personalities" - not like the mass-produced tanks and planes.  So, like they do in that other game produced in the former USSR, concerning tanks and planes...ahem...why wouldn't WG create event-like scenarios for particular ships?  Have HMS Hood and HMS Prince of Wales fight against the Bismarck and the Prinz Eugen, or have just one player in his/her Bismarck being chased by a mob of British ships?  Awesome.  Could also have a Pearl Harbour scenario, and there'd be a ton of Pacific Theatre battles to re-enact.  Just saying - I like the focus that those scenarios bring, and they make you feel as though you're controlling your ship in a proper context, instead of just being in a random scrap.

Any takers?

Edited by Bazlord_Prime

Alpha Tester
37 posts
403 battles

I'm a fan of classic warships / sail ships too :) and as already mentioned WG has no intention on making a game on the age of sails ~

But there is however a game which is currently in the works/alpha that features age of sail ships ~ coincidentally they are also Russian :playing:  iirc

Alpha Tester
37 posts
403 battles

RAMMING SPEED !

*Beats drum in rapid pace*

Brace yourselves men ! :izmena:

How can we forget this scene from 300 Rise of an Empire movie :izmena:

XOLuScx.jpg

Fi5e8A0.jpg

Edited by Shokuhou_Misaki

Beta Tester
17 posts
2,153 battles

as a retired bloke I build model warships (wooden) These things sailed better backwards than forwards.

The French had the best ships English better trained crews Their gunnery skills where amazing

They would skip shot off water like a stone to get shot in gun doors

61 posts
2,625 battles

A DAMN fine idea, sir!

Maybe not the renaissance-era warships, but I'd certainly be all over C19th stuff, like the first ironclads, American Civil War ships like the USS Monitor (mostly submersed ironclad with rotating turret) and the CSS Virginia, all the way up to and including more of the dreadnoughts that're already there in the early tiers.  Like, perhaps HMS Dreadnought (come on, come on - more GB ships!!!), and the pre-dreadnoughts like HMS Nelson and Agamemnon.  

I'm sure we'll keep seeing dreadnoughts onwards, but if WG could just stretch themselves back another 50 years in history... ;-)

The thing is, it makes sense in Warships to model historical set-piece battles, because the ships are inidividuals - they have names, histories and "personalities" - not like the mass-produced tanks and planes.  So, like they do in that other game produced in the former USSR, concerning tanks and planes...ahem...why wouldn't WG create event-like scenarios for particular ships?  Have HMS Hood and HMS Prince of Wales fight against the Bismarck and the Prinz Eugen, or have just one player in his/her Bismarck being chased by a mob of British ships?  Awesome.  Could also have a Pearl Harbour scenario, and there'd be a ton of Pacific Theatre battles to re-enact.  Just saying - I like the focus that those scenarios bring, and they make you feel as though you're controlling your ship in a proper context, instead of just being in a random scrap.

Any takers?

+1

I fully support that idea