You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Storm_Raiser

IJN Mutsu

28 comments in this topic

415 posts
10,918 battles

I'm being really indecisive today for some reason ... I just can't decide if I want to buy Mutsu or not ... 16 inch guns at T6 sounds fun... but ... what's the  catch?

Has anyone tried her yet? ... what are your impressions? ... do you recommend her?

please discuss....

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

what i fear most is 

Cons:

• Very slow rate of fire, even when compared to other Tier VI battleships.

i have Warspite, Bayern, Fuso and New Mex.... but if this is the slowest then i think i will not buy her

556 posts
8,197 battles

what i fear most is 

i have Warspite, Bayern, Fuso and New Mex.... but if this is the slowest then i think i will not buy her

It's got basic 30 second reload so it's relatively the same as the other lot. But it's go torpedos so. . . that's a thing

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Ever played Nagato's stock hull?

yeah... not a pleasent thing... i happy i got the hull upgrade

294 posts
2,997 battles

Can we expect a good BB for the IJN line ever? I mean I am not trying to be sarcastic but really curious actually. As someone pursuing the IJN line I have come to understand that these girls are somewhat weaker on the armor but stronger on the guns type, a pattern which Mutsu seems to be following as well. It is just that given her tier she is gonna suffer heavily if she is lowest on the totem pole. The Americans have Texas/Arizona while the Germans have Scharnhorst/Tripitz who do pretty good for their respective tiers but not sure if the same can be said about Ishizuchi/Mutsu seeing all the reviews. Maybe I am just jumping the gun? But honestly Atago is too expensive for me and Ishizuchi is too low to spend money on. I was hoping for a good candidate equivalent to Warspite/Arizona but I think my search will probably continue.

[BOTES]
438 posts
3,955 battles

The catch is that it's a Tier 6 ship and you've to deal with Tier 6 matchmaking which is...

Oh wait a second, Wargaming told me that “Tier 5 and 6 MM is totally fine”

So there probably isn't really a catch at all, heh

[-BRO-]
10 posts
7,890 battles

I got her tonight, I enjoyed it, had a really good game on it, I mean you cant complain with 5 kills and 140k dmg, she got me top of the tables.

(but then I always have a great game my first time out on a new ship)

the biggest issues is shes squishy, however if you angle right u can bounce quite a bit of incoming fire, and always have an AA cruiser with you.

myself I try not to compare same tier ships to each other, each ship has its own quirks, Mutsu's quirk is having large ass guns and torps, thats it.

If that appeals go if it, if not... eh

for me, its an 8/10, would Mutsu again

20 posts
9,661 battles

just dont..if u wanna buy a good t6 warspite or arizona is better for the money and fun

Stock nagato is very fun to citadel ....

Edited by HeavenlyHost

183 posts
3,790 battles

Man I wish Japan built a ww2 battleship other than yamato class. I kinda don't like the ww1 dreadnought aesthetics which don't have long thin bows and fat butts. I plan on buying her but only as a port decoration (I'll mod her preview to kancolle mutsu too).

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Man I wish Japan built a ww2 battleship other than yamato class. I kinda don't like the ww1 dreadnought aesthetics which don't have long thin bows and fat butts. I plan on buying her but only as a port decoration (I'll mod her preview to kancolle mutsu too).

If they did we probably wouldn't be here right now :unsure:

4 posts
3,517 battles

Hi Wargaming,

I brought the newly released Nagato Class Battleship: Mutsu when i first saw her on the list. But only after afew games then you guys released the bundled version which comes with a 'Unique Flag' that i will love to collect (I won't mistakenly buy the wrong version if you guys released them all together)

Are you giving the early adopters the 'Flag' as well?

Her reviews are pretty bad, but still i brought her anyways (Since i am a Warship <content removed>)

Anyone of you had the same issue as me?

*Though i had my doubt that my comment will be seen by the tops.

Insults/Derogatory comments. Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

Hi Wargaming,

I brought the newly released Nagato Class Battleship: Mutsu when i first saw her on the list. But only after afew games then you guys released the bundled version which comes with a 'Unique Flag' that i will love to collect (I won't mistakenly buy the wrong version if you guys released them all together)

Are you giving the early adopters the 'Flag' as well?

Her reviews are pretty bad, but still i brought her anyways (Since i am a Warship <content removed>)

Anyone of you had the same issue as me?

*Though i had my doubt that my comment will be seen by the tops.

I think only a really small amount of WG game players are able to be "collectors", as it costs too much that their wallet starve.

Some premium ships, like Mutsu, was released with a flag that players can use to decorate their ships. (Other flag can be obtained through other means, like participating in events. Some flags gives you extra bonuses on credits/exp earning but non of the premium ship flags have these stats)

Premium ship flags are only included in some ships' first release. And only the most expensive bundle(s) have this flag. This is probably to make the bundles, which usually contains a LOT of grind-able items like credits and consumables more appealing.(premium consumables can be bought with credits in case you don't know)

I guess you will have to buy the big bundle if you want the flag.

Quote Updated.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

if your new to the game , DO NOT BUY THIS SHIP , im sick of seeing new players buying this ship then playing like a idiots . 

tier 6 with almost no AA , it sucks 

1 post
446 battles

I think only a really small amount of WG game players are able to be "collectors", as it costs too much that their wallet starve.

Some premium ships, like Mutsu, was released with a flag that players can use to decorate their ships. (Other flag can be obtained through other means, like participating in events. Some flags gives you extra bonuses on credits/exp earning but non of the premium ship flags have these stats)

Premium ship flags are only included in some ships' first release. And only the most expensive bundle(s) have this flag. This is probably to make the bundles, which usually contains a LOT of grind-able items like credits and consumables more appealing.(premium consumables can be bought with credits in case you don't know)

I guess you will have to buy the big bundle if you want the flag.

I know what you had written in the above lines, but problem is.... they released them late.... was that supposed to happen in the first place? I brought the 'First' Most Expensive Choice (At that moment, there was only 1 choice) which only upon afew games then i realised they released another 2 MORE EXPENSIVE BUNDLES which the 'Initial Release Pack' comes together with the flag which ALSO i brought the 'First Pack' that is not named as the 'Initial Release Pack'  (So meaning i buy her at a wrong timing? Or WG Asia should have released them all at once?)

Not forgeting the Graf Spee incident on the EU region during Christmas last year in 2016.

1. If they mean to advise to buy another JUST FOT THAT 'FLAG' it will be NUTS!!!! Some gamer are rich but this is not the way to earn a gamer's money!!!

But bro, i really appreciate the reply and explanation ~

Edited by XiaoFengSG89

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

LittleWhiteMouse review of the Mutsu on the NA forums:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/114666-premium-ship-review-mutsu/page__p__2780704#entry2780704

Also just read that the torpedo tubes are fixed?

if your new to the game , DO NOT BUY THIS SHIP , im sick of seeing new players buying this ship then playing like a idiots . 

tier 6 with almost no AA , it sucks 

That's different from normal play how?! :D

85 posts
4,522 battles

I bought her today. 

Indeed she is squishy and will have a hard time if your BB playstyle is "hurr durr I am invincible I tank all shots", but if you know how to play both IJN BBs and IJN cruisers, you'll do fine.