You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Matt_Renfew

Can't seem to add people as friends in game

9 comments in this topic

4 posts
4,046 battles

Sorry if this has been asked before but I get no answers in search. How do you add a fellow player to your friends list? When I search a name used in the game everyone that comes up in search is "off line" plus the names shpwn have additions eg.... searching for Freddy (the name shown in the team list) shows Freddy123 or freddy059 etc

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

when you move mouse over their names you can find 3 options first one is gonna be add friend other 2 are division or message him... Another way is click his name a chat box will open then click on his name on top of the  chat box it will be 3rd option(add to contacts)

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

724 posts
2,179 battles

Sorry if this has been asked before but I get no answers in search. How do you add a fellow player to your friends list? When I search a name used in the game everyone that comes up in search is "off line" plus the names shpwn have additions eg.... searching for Freddy (the name shown in the team list) shows Freddy123 or freddy059 etc

Well you'll have to know exactly what your friend's IGN is. For example I'm trying to add "AlpinaB3" as a friend in the game, I type in "Alpina" in the search bar and other players with the word "Alpina" in their name will also show up in the search result. (e.g AlpinaB5, AlpinaB7, AlpinaB5F10, AlpinaB3BiTurbo) I'll have to look for "AlpinaB3" in that result.

And when you do actually find your friend's IGN, you'll have to hover your mouse on their name and you'll see something like this...

pHTsfjR.png

There should be an icon that looks like a person with a "+" symbol, that's the "Add to contact" button. Click that and you'll add that person to your contact/friend list.

Notice how many results came up when I typed only "Alpina" into the search bar (I have to censor the rest of the names, but they all had "Alpina" in their IGNs), the person I wanted to add was the one I didn't fully censored.

4 posts
4,046 battles

Thanks Dave and Aaditya for the tips appreciate your help problem is as I said the name in the team list quotes a name when you use that name in search it is not found. I can work out how to add when the person is found lol.

4 posts
4,046 battles

Additional: when I put mouse over name I only get options of.......... 1. Report     2.Compliment  and 3. Invite to division, I have the latest update and use Aslains mod 6.1.0.2

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Additional: when I put mouse over name I only get options of.......... 1. Report     2.Compliment  and 3. Invite to division, I have the latest update and use Aslains mod 6.1.0.2

Those are for your opinion on how a player played in a particular battle... and you're only limited to give 7 compliments and 7 reports for a day....which is not exactly same topic as your question..

Back to the topic...

You need to type in underscores too if the player you want to search has it... and try typing whole name... it is easier that way.. and to add friend you can do like I and Dave have suggested...

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

4 posts
4,046 battles

Again thanks Aaditya, let me rephrase the question then..... exactly how does one find the real name of a player to correctly type it in search in the first place.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Again thanks Aaditya, let me rephrase the question then..... exactly how does one find the real name of a player to correctly type it in search in the first place.

There are no real names... only IGNs (In Game Names) and take my name as example to find mine you need to type in whole name Aaditya_AJ... even if you miss one A or underscore my name won't show up...