You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_TAMAL_

Thanks To MM...

44 comments in this topic

411 posts
6,164 battles

I particularly suck at cruiser play and was just trying out the Leander today(don't play it much...), I tried to do whatever I can and I know that our team tried too but we ended up losing the match. I wasn't disappointed as winning and losing happens all day...However, after the match,when I was checking Team Score, I got surprised :amazed: OMG all Top Ranked players in their team !!! (I hope I understand the badges that are shown beside players' names, correct me if I'm wrong), I mean,two Rank 1,one Rank 4,two Rank 10,two Rank 15 and one Rank 19 player in their team, whereas, we had only one Rank 5,one Rank 9 and two Rank 15 player, all others were just normal players....(I guess)

I don't know how to explain this but I feel that we were severely outplayed by them.:unsure:None of them die also...

So, is this just a failed MM ? Any insight on this would be really helpful.

Also, I've attached a screenshot, you may need to click it to display...

Thanx in advance :honoring:

P.S: Couldn't find a suitable title for this topic... almost every name that came to my mind looked like a rant, LOL:hmm:

shot-17.02.09_21.27.31-0544.jpg

Edited by _TAMAL_

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

They were in a division so that explains why they have better players... but then again Good players know that without division T5 and T6 are not fun to play in...It isn't MM's fault for making you play against them...

411 posts
6,164 battles

They were in a division so that explains why they have better players... but then again Good players know that without division T5 and T6 are not fun to play in...It isn't MM's fault for making you play against them...

Ok, I see the reason but why doesn't MM make teams based on Player Experience and Even matching ? I mean, if they have one div like that, we should have one ourselves.:izmena: btw, It's true that T5-6 are kinda dull but IMO that is where most new players start to learn in depth.... and when they see the enemy completely wrecking them....:ohmy:
Edited by _TAMAL_

1,386 posts
8,244 battles

After posting numerous "MM is broken" rants, I'm getting used to it.

Sometimes you do super well and lose, sometimes you do badly but win, it's usually a 12vs12 game and you are just 1/12 of the team, so your influence on how a match goes is very limited.

Edited by _Halcyon

411 posts
6,164 battles

I want skill-based MM too. Being matched with sub-50% wr CV/DD players makes me want to uninstall this game.

Yeah, MM can be frustrating at times,In those cases, I usually end up ramming someone... :teethhappy:

411 posts
6,164 battles

does it balance?

That is the reason why we need Skill based MM even more... comparing ships by tier doesn't work effectively as a lot of ships are proven to be superior when compared to their counterparts(specially in case of premiums), not to mention different characteristics(i.e.:RN CLs with smoke,VMF CAs with radar, Atlanta with napalm:teethhappy:, Kutuzov with IFHE:ohmy:just to say a few...).You simply can't balance a Pepsicola with Belfast!:facepalm:

Edited by _TAMAL_

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Like I said MM just takes into consideration ship tier, not how OP the ship is compare to others... I'm not saying it's balanced when it's a Belfast vs pepsicola match up, or other number of ships. All I'm saying is MM is balanced by ship tiers. 

48 posts

i lost in a whole damn month which i play 4 times only (because i get mad and i just rage quit)  41x4=164 games? with total wins of 16 total

sucks to be in my computer...

Edited by ArmedRobber

411 posts
6,164 battles

i lost in a whole damn month which i play 4 times only (because i get mad and i just rage quit)  41x4=164 games? with total wins of 16 total

You mean you won only 16 matches from 164 ? That doesn't seem right...:amazed:

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,470 battles

Why doesnt WG tag a ship into subclass like scouts , main battle line , diversion , ...etc to signify a shipp role and base MM on such consideration ?

I mean someship in the same class do behave like another class and with more ships incoming the designation feels like more and more in name only

Edited by legionary2099

1,105 posts

play CV :V

my win rate just increased.... from worse to bad :V

411 posts
6,164 battles

play CV :V

my win rate just increased.... from worse to bad :V

I stopped playing CVs after a number of matches... too much salt, that I can't bear.:teethhappy:Although my WR was average, it would have gone down pretty quickly if I continued. If your team doesn't help, there is no help... :(

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

I want skill-based MM too. Being matched with sub-50% wr CV/DD players makes me want to uninstall this game.

Then go ahead and uninstall it.

Making it skill-based MM won't improve your skill.

If you think you are that good pls at least tried to carry a game first.

411 posts
6,164 battles

Then go ahead and uninstall it.

Making it skill-based MM won't improve your skill.

If you think you are that good pls at least tried to carry a game first.

This doesn't give any solution to the issue we are having with MM. I mean, dds and cvs are two classes that can determine a match if played well...specially dds. Most of the time when a team loses their dds first, end up losing the match.

Edited by _TAMAL_

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

This doesn't give any solution to the issue we are having with MM. I mean, dds and cvs are two classes that can determine a match if played well...specially dds. Most of the time when a team loses their dds first, end up losing the match.

​So how do you balance MM with skill based MM. Say a player has a 60% overall WR wouldn't that lead to that player being stuck in a queue waiting to get into a battle with teams having equally balanced 60% overall WR? Exactly how many hours would that sort of queue wait time take?

Or do you take it from their recent win rate which could have a player with an overall win rate of 49% but on a good day getting a 60% recent win rate getting matched up against unicum players? It's not so simple as saying skill based MM fixes all problems.

381 posts
9,957 battles

​So how do you balance MM with skill based MM. Say a player has a 60% overall WR wouldn't that lead to that player being stuck in a queue waiting to get into a battle with teams having equally balanced 60% overall WR? Exactly how many hours would that sort of queue wait time take?

Or do you take it from their recent win rate which could have a player with an overall win rate of 49% but on a good day getting a 60% recent win rate getting matched up against unicum players? It's not so simple as saying skill based MM fixes all problems.

Balance it into leagues like ranked, with ship-based WR. For example, if you are at 55% in Nagato and enter the queue, your possible MM range is players with 50-60% WR on the ship they currently bring to that specific battle. In case of division, average WR will be taken into account. I don't mind waiting 10 mins for a good game, rather than wasting 30s queue time + 10 mins of gameplay watching a 45% wr Lexington ruining my experience.

411 posts
6,164 battles

Not saying that the entire team needs to be players with same WR, you can balance player by player. For example, imagine both teams having 2 players with 60% WR,3 players with 50-55% WR,4 players with 45-50% WR and rest of them with <45% WR... Ships should be balanced accordingly with both teams having the same amount of premium ships driven by players of same skill level.:great:

Also, I wouldn't take recent win rate in to account...

411 posts
6,164 battles

Balance it into leagues like ranked, with ship-based WR. For example, if you are at 55% in Nagato and enter the queue, your possible MM range is players with 50-60% WR on the ship they currently bring to that specific battle. In case of division, average WR will be taken into account. I don't mind waiting 10 mins for a good game, rather than wasting 30s queue time + 10 mins of gameplay watching a 45% wr Lexington ruining my experience.

Although I like your idea, I would certainly not wait 10 mins for a good game. 2-3mins is tolerable. However, the way games load now(Almost Instantly), I don't think MM even does any sort of balancing... :teethhappy:
Edited by _TAMAL_

Super Tester
7,562 posts
8,001 battles

MM only balances top tier in each class (except mirror tier for CVs). MM also guarantees that (except CV) max difference in other three classes' ship count is at most 1. Also, MM ensures that difference between division count is at most 1. MM ensures that max tier gap in a division is at most 1.

Other than that, MM ensures nothing. One team can get 3 RADAR ships while the other team gets none. One team can get all useless IJN DDs while the other team gets all the good gunboats. One team can be full of balanced premium ships while the other team is stuck with well-known stinkers.

You just have to deal with them because whether you agree or not, you often get them for your team as well. We only complain when things don't go our way.