Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

A change in chat censor system?

3 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,221 battles

I'v noticed a file named "messenger_oldictionary.xml" in the folder

(Your game folder)/res_mods/0.6.1.0(the most recent version)

And I think oldictionary means old dictionary.

I've checked the PT server's folder and haven't found such a file. Also the mainland China server, currently at 0.6.0, no similar file exists in the folder.

Does this mean a change in how the game's censor system works or it's just an update in the dictionary?

From what I read about, the game's censor system worked only at the client, the chat server delivers the text uncensored and the client transforms bad words into ***

Edited by _Halcyon

1,068 posts
3,845 battles

WG,you may have fixed the overzealous chat censor for the new patch,but the pre patch overzealous chat censor is still going strong.

Typing Free XP and Essex still gets you Fre**** and Es****.

We should not have to disable the chat censor in the game files so we can clearly read words that have no offensive meaning at all.

1,386 posts
8,221 battles

WG,you may have fixed the overzealous chat censor for the new patch,but the pre patch overzealous chat censor is still going strong.

Typing Free XP and Essex still gets you Fre**** and Es****.

We should not have to disable the chat censor in the game files so we can clearly read words that have no offensive meaning at all.

I'm actually talking about the mechanism of how censor system works, not how broken it is…

But sure, it is somewhat broken

Hi Essex

seem far less offensive than

Hi Es***

Edited by _Halcyon

Sign in to follow this