You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
biq27

Supertesters testing Black - read this

27 comments in this topic

112 posts
5,463 battles

Yo STers,

First of all - cheers for the effort you put in to improving the game, it's appreciated.

But please do NOT bring Divs of Black into game. It is obviously the most OP ship in the game. Testing it in div proves nothing to devs (as far as I can see).

[LBAS]
4,496 posts
25,675 battles

I met 1 Black in this evening, the first victim in battle (Random mode)

The worst case when I see Super Tester in game is they are always the first dead 8/10 and make my team lose

considered the most useless

Edited by MatterCore

[LBAS]
4,496 posts
25,675 battles

Just hope that you don't face DD players like R3negade miken etc in black in enemy. :trollface:

yeah destroy that ship at once
Edited by MatterCore

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

But please do NOT bring Divs of Black into game. It is obviously the most OP ship in the game. Testing it in div proves nothing to devs (as far as I can see).

That's all part of testing.

Finding what works and what does not work.

Even if a test fails, it's a successful test.

Seatbelts fail in a car crash test, result- engineers make 'em stronger.

Ship proves* to OP in a divvy, result- something is done to fix issue.  (thinking of you CVs)

* Note; there is a difference between something proven and a player's opinion.

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

Yo STers,

First of all - cheers for the effort you put in to improving the game, it's appreciated.

I seen a ST with a Konig Albert before release.He had nearly full health and decided to ram a nearly dead enemy BB to kill it when he could have easily shot the thing and survived.They are gonna do things like this!

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

I seen a ST with a Konig Albert before release.He had nearly full health and decided to ram a nearly dead enemy BB to kill it when he could have easily shot the thing and survived.They are gonna do things like this!

dont generalize all STs

48 posts

not sure about uss black but.. the hull 666 makes me wanna buy her. if possible .but MAN.. Radar on destroyer? COOL!!

also am i the only one to think that uss black has funny name on it? what's next? Ku Klux Klan/KKK

Edited by ArmedRobber

216 posts
2,239 battles

Why give the USS Black the tier 9 CA radar stats? why not cut that range down to 6kms, would still be effective without being just down right ridiculous.

Edited by Ryzil

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

"Yeah we're gonna put 9.5km radar on a DD that had sub 6km detection, its decently balanced"

119 posts
2,087 battles

Our one true potato god believes that it is slightly broken...

In all seriousness - WHY do WG keep rewarding the top 1% of the player base, ie people who know how to play very well, with such OP ships - same with the flint. 

Edited by Karrick

119 posts
2,087 battles

because they worked their buts off for it?

Missing the point.

Even noobs like me could use a black to become a unicum. imagine what a top teir player will do with them.

By all means reward them, but giving them a special ship that requires skill and thought, not just hit smoke then hit radar to win. 

Edited by Karrick

455 posts
8,038 battles

because they worked their buts off for it?

That doesnt justify making the lives of whoever has to play against the pros even more miserable. You could just reward them with a fun ship or unique effects/looks instead of giving them an 'I win' button

216 posts
2,239 battles

I'm actually finding it funny how some of these members are trying to justify this ship ("they earned it"), and the ones against the USS Black (with current stat) just want it to be better balanced. Truthfully I'll most likely never get the USS Black if it requires the rank 1 for five seasons, unless WG puts it up for sale (wouldn't put it past them to use it for money grabbing in the future), but that doesn't mean I don't want to see it released, I just believe it would still have an advantage just with a slight changed radar stat. For crying out load 35 sec is quite a long time for a USS DD to pump out damage on a enemy DD (and cause fires). if they were to change it to a 6km range radar with 25 sec activation time it would still be a nightmare to run into in a match, hell I'm not even mad all that much about the 0.9km spot range torps that hit as hard as IJN DDs torps, just fix the radar range.

Edited by Ryzil

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Please note: - all stats currently stated are for testing purposes, stats will change on release of the ship. This ship is still being tested.

216 posts
2,239 battles

Please note: - all stats currently stated are for testing purposes, stats will change on release of the ship. This ship is still being tested.

True, given with what WG did to the German DDs I'm sure everyone doesn't doubt that stats can change, but then again with that being said it wouldn't surprise me if WG doesn't go and jack up this ship like they did to the entire German DD line with their gross detection bloom.

Out of curiosity, out of all you super-testers, how often do you feel like your feed back actually gets listen to?