Onlinegamer

Who ****** ** the ***** filter?

29 comments in this topic

119 posts
2,071 battles

So the swear filter has always been pretty comical with its random "naughty words" that never are naughty, but today post patch it appears to have gone and had a complete break down.

Why is Sm*** p** (smoke plz) swearing?

Or Why are you sh***** br******* NC? (Why are you showing broadside NC?)

Or Cl**? (Clip)

Come on WG, so** **** **** out and give us a sensible sw*** fi***** or better yet, just turn the damn thing off. 

Edit: OMG is also swearing. As is "his" and "team" *SIGH*

Edited by Karrick

183 posts
3,790 battles

Most of the new "offensive" words sounds like japanese slang to me.

So it's either WG SEA thought that many japanese people use latin alphabet in chat for lewd slang words or they just don't want english speaking people to cooperate through chat. Censoring the word smoke is outright stupid for a "teamwork" oriented game that uses smoke.

Edited by DonnerSushi

183 posts
3,790 battles

I've just read that according to syanda, the devs are aware of the broken filter. Not like I use chat for cooperation anyway. I used to, but now I've stopped doing that ever since a konig that used the SOS hotkey ignored my smoke for him after I kept on typing "smoke" "pls slow down" in chat.

Edited by DonnerSushi

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

Apparently its a known problem:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/22503-update-061-in-game-chat-issues/

Good Morning Everyone, 

As some/many of you have reported there is an issue with the in game communications system and is censoring most text.

This has been raised with the Devs, however please be advised it is currently outside normal business hours for them.

An update will be implemented as soon as possible. Please do not create any new threads regarding this.

~ADM_dude

So are they also going to fix the problems we have had for ages like 'FREE XP' getting censored already at the same time?

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Apparently its a known problem:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/22503-update-061-in-game-chat-issues/

So are they also going to fix the problems we have had for ages like 'FREE XP' getting censored already at the same time?

And Essex→Es***

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

And Essex→Es***

Sounds about right!

I think we wait till they say they 'fixed' the 'new' chat problem,and if the old chat problems are still there we make a fuss!

[BOTES]
437 posts
3,951 battles

Just remove the whole censor system completely. If I don't like someone, I would block them in chat or report for chat offensive. A compulsory censorship is stupid.

Well a rude person can still be rude even if you stop them from using "badwords"

Anyway, you can disable word filtering by

changing line 8 of the chat_pref .xml file( located in C:\Games\World_of_Warships\profile folder)

from 

<messageFilterEnabled>true</messageFilterEnabled>

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

How about Es*** (Essex) :(. other clients NA, EU don't have this kinda harsh sensor in general, it makes no sense   

Edited by Juan_23

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

Well a rude person can still be rude even if you stop them from using "badwords"

changing line 8 of the chat_pref .xml file( located in C:\Games\World_of_Warships\profile folder)

from 

Noted

[BASE2]
6 posts
7,987 battles

from 

thanks

248 posts

the game is kind of unplayable now. you try and communicate and it just is irritating at the very best.

i spent 8 years in the IT industry, and no-one in the real world would keep their job if they blew it this many times.

i can only assume at this point you just want the english speaking community to GO AWAY.,

if you want us to go away just friggin say so. the language filter was already ENTIRELY BROKEN.

you've had flippin months to try and fix it, and now instead of doing that,

you've decided to complete break the whole chat system one day before ranks.

i'm being serious., ARE ENGLISH PLAYERS UNWELCOME ON THIS SERVER?

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

All I see in the chat is Star star star star star........

And WG should fix this before Ranked game started, it's very uncomfortable to communicate.

Video Contributor
2,261 posts
10,782 battles

All I see in the chat is Star star star star star........

And WG should fix this before Ranked game started, it's very uncomfortable to communicate.

Try to talk in TS3 and press Battle start each other

Same or oppersite up to MM :hiding:

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

So too is t*** (team), censored. WG, really??

I think that word should stay censored. It's a vulgar, derogatory term applied to the people who ruin your battles.

[BOTES]
437 posts
3,951 battles

Serious question - why do we even need censorship on this server?

Can we not just enable it with an option?

You can disable it (see page 1).

I think that enforced censorship on this server has to do with complying laws of certain country in the region.

However, I agree that censoring of badwords should be an user enabled feature instead of a default settings, or at least can be turned off with the in game menu