Chats Displaying asterisk (***)

11 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Description

Post update 0.6.1 chats titles and text areas display multiple asterisk (***) for any given words.

Have asked several other random people whom report the same issues

Replication Steps

Open any chat windows and type multiple words of any words

Chat window names also display asterisks

Screens

screens attached

worldofwarships 2017-02-09 10-29-32-30.jpgworldofwarships 2017-02-09 10-24-12-63.jpg

Edited by greifer

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,517 battles

Yup totally broken. May as well just type asteriks

****** ** *** **** *****  ( Kagero do you have smoke)

Note in game is affected as well as port chat

Edited by j0e90

4 posts
3,530 battles

someone messed up with the screening.

as if as long as a string of characters(letters) contain a censored string of characters(letters) 

it censor that part of the string(set of characters) and makes the meaning of the word, which that set of string a part of, useless as ever...

i cant type torpedobeats without it going to tor***b**** as the word pedo and eats is censored...

i cant even type torp as it got censored to t***.

Edited by Mega1987

[KGHSF]
3,224 posts
6,072 battles

Man I'm was silence can't tell everyone in the game I'm **ing j**mmed   honestly, could you make it better than this? bad update 

3 posts
8,096 battles

Hi, didnt you know that World of Warships are making the game more authentic? They have changed the chat to Morse code, lol.

Yea this is not good when ranked battles are here and we cant chat to other player.

31 posts
5,558 battles

Those censored things only happened in ASIA server for whatever reason. Maybe they think using cursing words in a division chat is too inappropriate for ASIAN NoKappa. No offensive but censoring chat is purely 'bollocks'

Edited by ImHikaruCat

[AUSNZ]
59 posts
11,692 battles

yep very disappointing, it was already over sensored with normal passages of text being **** for no reason... now just totally useless.  Team communication is vital, ruined the game please fix asap...

89 posts
6,476 battles

Some here tryed writting in game & all i got was t** g*** i* w******* l*** t***. The game is writting like this please fix A.S.A.P

:izmena:

I can`t play the game untill fixed as i can`t talk to team mate in game I don`t have Mic like some players.

Please Fix A.S.A.P  :red_button:  :(

Sorry but if this is because of ASIAN bull s*** pol`s maybe we should have a server in Australia where it`s not so censored T*** i* b*** s***.

Edited by jeff1969jaie