You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Wish CV players knew DD air detect range.

35 comments in this topic

2,221 posts
13,692 battles

Sadly they probably don't read forum. Why do so many CV players only take their planes to the center of the cap to spot? Do they not realize that often a DD can remain undetected on the edge? I mean really the fact that there is no smoke cloud, and they are still capping should make it obvious there is a target there to spot... but no, they fly off and go and not spot at the next cap. :facepalm: 

2,221 posts
13,692 battles

Let me guess

IJN player?

Lol. (laugh of desperation) It was our 2/2 Ranger vs 1/2/2 Hiryu. He had both fighter squadrons at cap. He saw their single fighter squadron and ran.

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

Lol. (laugh of desperation) It was our 2/2 Ranger vs 1/2/2 Hiryu. He had both fighter squadrons at cap. He saw their single fighter squadron and ran.

He ran to his CV or ran to another point or ran to your frinedly ship?

2,221 posts
13,692 battles

He ran away from their fighter squadron, thereby not spotting the dd who capped. Even after he ran there was time to go back but he didn't.

Edited by keskparane

381 posts
9,957 battles

If a CV understands the need to spot he will actively try until he see the enemy DD. Otherwise it's just a potato player unconsciously send their planes to the middle of the cap to show his presence and you shouldn't trust him to offer you any kind of spotting.

2,221 posts
13,692 battles

If a CV understands the need to spot he will actively try until he see the enemy DD. Otherwise it's just a potato player unconsciously send their planes to the middle of the cap to show his presence and you shouldn't trust him to offer you any kind of spotting.

This is my point. Why not unconsciously send planes just past center of cap. Then they will spot any DD in there.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Sadly they probably don't read forum. Why do so many CV players only take their planes to the center of the cap to spot? Do they not realize that often a DD can remain undetected on the edge? I mean really the fact that there is no smoke cloud, and they are still capping should make it obvious there is a target there to spot... but no, they fly off and go and not spot at the next cap. :facepalm: 

im sorry but the cv no1 job is either to protect the fleet with air cover or destroy the big ships ... spotting DD is a long last .

1,105 posts

lol its so funny that in tier 6 most of CV captain didnt know what to do......  remember that my single Ryujo squadron destroy 3 Ryujo fighter squadron and only lose 2 planes LOL :V

may be most of them is just newbie like me who dont know how hard is tier 6...... btw, is potato still out there with 2x XP? i dont play WoW for almost 4 days..... waiting for the good MM

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

lol its so funny that in tier 6 most of CV captain didnt know what to do......  remember that my single Ryujo squadron destroy 3 Ryujo fighter squadron and only lose 2 planes LOL :V

may be most of them is just newbie like me who dont know how hard is tier 6...... btw, is potato still out there with 2x XP? i dont play WoW for almost 4 days..... waiting for the good MM

then you will be waiting a long , long time 

2,221 posts
13,692 battles

im sorry but the cv no1 job is either to protect the fleet with air cover or destroy the big ships ... spotting DD is a long last .

There was 1 dd each side. Fighters were front line, so nothing in front of them to protect. All he would have had to do is move about 1/8th of a cap further and we could have prevented them getting the cap, if not killed their DD outright. Spotting DD so they can be shot protects you ships.

2,221 posts
13,692 battles

Just to be clear...I realize often I am not as clear as I would like to be. What I think CV players should do is instead of sending their planes to middle of cap, like so many do, I wish they would send them to 3/4 in to the cap. Would often make a world of difference.

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles

then enemy DDs will survive and your DDs will dead.

Spotting not just DDs job, CA CL CV DD can do it. CV is better

Edited by MatterCore

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

There was 1 dd each side. Fighters were front line, so nothing in front of them to protect. All he would have had to do is move about 1/8th of a cap further and we could have prevented them getting the cap, if not killed their DD outright. Spotting DD so they can be shot protects you ships.

i always take fighter load out , and my no 1 job is to protect the other ships , if i kill off the enemy fighters , then ill go hunt DD's , or if dd spotted send bombers , they will track DD even if they lose contact 
Edited by kongman

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

then enemy DDs will survive and your DDs will dead.

Spotting not just DDs job, CA CL CV DD can do it. CV is better

lol its DD and cruisers job to spot and kills destroyers , wasting fighter to do it is crazy unless the fighter have no other targets 

2,221 posts
13,692 battles

lol its DD and cruisers job to spot and kills destroyers , wasting fighter to do it is crazy unless the fighter have no other targets 

Of course if you read OP you will see it is about going all that way and wasting the trip by not doing the job properly. I must say there is a flipside. When I'm DD I have survived so many caps because of it

[BOTES]
12 posts
5,689 battles

There's a reason why your CV winrate is rather poor; perhaps you should re-evaluate your CV playstyle, just sayin'.

520 posts
11,127 battles

Im sure... not all CV players value LOCATING individual DDS for the fleet.  Though, i like it that way.... lol..... it helps keep DDS concealed....

Though.. there are a few who know what to look for....

1,105 posts

There's a reason why your CV winrate is rather poor; perhaps you should re-evaluate your CV playstyle, just sayin'.

True :V  

@Kongman and you run Figter load too.... btw what CV?  USN or IJN? if you run AS loadout on  IJN, its serious problem :V

BTW, from what i know CV must do various task including spotting enemy, prevent capping, protect allies, and destroy enemy fleet....... CV can do everything! that is why CV player must good at multitasking :V

we are talking about the sheep that have highest impact of the game!

so potato still out there...... well.... howling sheet... alright then, lets play tonight!

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

if you run AS loadout on  IJN, its serious problem :V

What problem , IJN AS loadout is the only AS loadout that makes sense as it guarantees atleast 1 torpedo squad. From Taiho onward , an IJN AS will always outclass a US AS loadout as they will always do enough damage while keeping the American out for long enough.

IJN AS shines when they get Air Supremacy as that vastly improve their strafe power, and the dumb FT ammo buff WG gave cure the only weakness of IJN FT squad - fighting endurance.

US AS are strong , but their FT takes forever to reload and if there is a combat loss it takes 2 min to replace it while IJN takes like a little more than 1 minute to replace. This rapid replacement is what makes IJN AS Loadout terrifying , they tie you up and can plug up holes in the line fast even if they cant win a manfight

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles

meet Ranger and Lex and see what they can do:read_fish:

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I'm so triggered from people assuming that CV don't do this because X,Y and Z. CV players are bad because XYZ

Ok, lemme explain why CV players can't always attack/spot DD

What is the fundamental role of CV? Big big damage right? And in order to do this, we need excellent control of your attack squadrons, excellent coordination, excellent positioning, excellent everything. In order to accomplish excellence we need lots and lots of micro management on our attack squadron which means lots of effort.

But as WOWS grows, CV responsibilities grows and grows. Now we have to screen the fleet for air attacks, scout for the fleet, protect our destroyers, spot torpedoes, spot enemy planes, etc etc. Like you guys expect CV captains to do these jobs perfectly and if they don't do all these jobs perfectly we always get blamed. Like, what ? we have to micro so much that the game becomes stressful for us. Oh, don't even get me started on the economy as well

381 posts
9,957 battles

I'm so triggered from people assuming that CV don't do this because X,Y and Z. CV players are bad because XYZ

Ok, lemme explain why CV players can't always attack/spot DD

What is the fundamental role of CV? Big big damage right? And in order to do this, we need excellent control of your attack squadrons, excellent coordination, excellent positioning, excellent everything. In order to accomplish excellence we need lots and lots of micro management on our attack squadron which means lots of effort.

But as WOWS grows, CV responsibilities grows and grows. Now we have to screen the fleet for air attacks, scout for the fleet, protect our destroyers, spot torpedoes, spot enemy planes, etc etc. Like you guys expect CV captains to do these jobs perfectly and if they don't do all these jobs perfectly we always get blamed. Like, what ? we have to micro so much that the game becomes stressful for us. Oh, don't even get me started on the economy as well

If you feel it so stressful then don't play it. If you play wrong or get outplayed, expect to be blamed. If you think you play right but your team are potatoes, blame the team instead.

And the fundamental role of CV is not big damage. It is about maximize the chance of winning by using your unmatched versatility from planes. During early game when big ships still stay close together, spotting or killing DD is the most important task. Tell the DD which cap you will send planes to support. If they don't follow your call, it's their fault and you no longer bear any responsibilities for their lives.