Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EJL

Ranked Battles Season 6 -- For those who can't buy premium ships

33 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
4,888 posts
28,306 battles

Actually, I'm a big Nagato fan. The list is just based on division stats, not my opinion.  One thing that the stats don't show is how the ships will perform in Epicenter.  Epicenter make  Colorado & Shiratsuyu better than indicated.

Just win match Epicenter with 2 Nagato, 1 stock Fuso, 1 stock Bayern

Beta Tester
296 posts
13,269 battles

Getting outspotted (or meeting them at the same time) by all DDs not called Mahan or RU DDs is good concealment?

Beleive me, 300m advantage is significant in ranked.

Beta Tester
3,034 posts
1,526 battles

And no one would use Mahan in ranked, not when there's Sims who can have the same concealment as you. Also, 300m is nothing considering everything that meets you will also turn their guns faster than you.

381 posts
10,841 battles

Hiryu is great.... but Saipan is just so much better. The problem with ranked and mirrored matchmaking?

Better to have no CV on your team (and therefore no CV on the other team) than to have a Hiryu on your team facing a Saipan - so no Hiryus. Please. 

Good point. Maybe you are right about Scharnhorst in ranked but I think the Epicenter angle will favor Colorado/Gneisenau.

Not sure about this. The only problem with Hiryu was insufficient point to take both DFE and TA. Now you can get all of them plus CE which makes Hiryu on par, if not stronger than Saipan due to the extra 2 divebomber squads that can be used to reliably stack DoT.

Believe me, 300m advantage is insignificant in ranked cuz I slaughtered so many Fubuki with my Benson last season.

414 posts
10,341 battles

Mahan is doable in Ranked, with CE of course. Mahan 7.9km concealment is just terrible, lowering it to 7.1km make it a bit better, although you still can get outspotted. Sims, however, is a good choice (and probably the best knifefighter out of the 8 T7 DDs) as she serves as the "pawn" of the game. You can also be the "pawn" with the Mahan, as long as you have pretty good allied cover if you get outspotted.

IMO, Mahan is the best non-premium DD to be used in RB

Edited by kentanghalla

[BRU]
279 posts
2,316 battles

Do Mahan smoke + pepsi / myoko combo and murder the whole enemy team.

Well, I do hope whoever plays Sims/Mahan will be kind and smart enough to give us smoke.

BB

Nagato - good BB

Colorado - use Nagato

kek

But I think Colorado will be fine in an Epicenter game mode in Ranked. Not sure on other modes.

Beta Tester
296 posts
13,269 battles

Not sure about this. The only problem with Hiryu was insufficient point to take both DFE and TA. Now you can get all of them plus CE which makes Hiryu on par, if not stronger than Saipan due to the extra 2 divebomber squads that can be used to reliably stack DoT.

Believe me, 300m advantage is insignificant in ranked cuz I slaughtered so many Fubuki with my Benson last season.

Well thats not the ships fault, its the incompetence of the player.
Having 1 (and no more than 1) reverse parking Fubuki was beneficial to the team.

Sign in to follow this