You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

From a range of 1 to 10…

13 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

How much salt do you feel when you are concentrated upon by a division of three Zao?

(I'm not ranting cuz I'm one Zao of the division, but hey guys just feel free to rant if you get burnt by Zao)

Just now I div with two other Zao and met one guy who just got Missouri. I asked if he want some HE salt and he answered yes. Poor Missouri…

Also met a few forum members:-P

Edited by _Halcyon

1,105 posts

OP division

Saipan with Strike loadout+Hiryu with Strike loadout+Ranger Strike+19 commander skill play in tier 6~7 againts super badluck 2 enemy CV

the swarm of flies! 3 CV vs 2 CV! obviously enemy will Dooomed.... 

or

3 shimakaze..... spamming long lance torpedo randomly from 15KM range...... 45 random torpedo launcher randomly and dont hit will confuse enemy what the heck is happened!

or

3 nassau with 19 commander skill..... its madmax time!

345 posts
3,668 battles

OP division

Saipan with Strike loadout+Hiryu with Strike loadout+Ranger Strike+19 commander skill play in tier 6~7 againts super badluck 2 enemy CV

the swarm of flies! 3 CV vs 2 CV! obviously enemy will Dooomed.... 

the game has a limit of 2 CV per team. It's impossible to have 3v2 CV

Also, CVs of the same tier isn't allowed based on what i know.

Edited by Loshirai14

1,105 posts

the game has a limit of 2 CV per team. It's impossible to have 3v2 CV

Also, CVs of the same tier isn't allowed based on what i know.

[ that is troll btw ]

thanks to badluck MM now its allowed for UP to 4 CV in games and strafe now can destroy ship AA

also there is some hidden submarine soon added 

WG is trying to make the WoW sea more saltier than the dead sea

i will play Submarine next :V

i remember there is Zuiho and Koenig in one division lol.... and they did seal clubbing againts tier 4 :V

Koenig got kraken unleashed (6 sunk) and Zuiho sunk 3 sheep...... and what i did with koenigsberg? deal 12K damage :V 

nice free win lel

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

How much salt do you feel when you are concentrated upon by a division of three Zao?

(I'm not ranting cuz I'm one Zao of the division, but hey guys just feel free to rant if you get burnt by Zao)

Just now I div with two other Zao and met one guy who just got Missouri. I asked if he want some HE salt and he answered yes. Poor Missouri…

Also met a few forum members:-P

A single Zao with RoF mod rushing a NC melts it in about 2 minutes, and take maybe 5k damage in return.

3 Zao, even without RoF mod, can melt a Missouri in 1 minute, and faster if the BB decides to not bow tank and thus eat more HE damage to other parts of the ship that is 3 salvoes from the BB, and given Zao maneuverability and armour scheme the poor BB probably did only 10k damage.

So, if a Zao knows how to ptfo and actually plays aggressively (which it can), I would pretty much just hide and get into concealment.  I know how fast that thing can melt any ship.

But many people think this ship is paper and not OP.

Still better than 2MK 1 Chapayev div tho, at least you can fire back at Zaos.

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

A single Zao with RoF mod rushing a NC melts it in about 2 minutes, and take maybe 5k damage in return.

3 Zao, even without RoF mod, can melt a Missouri in 1 minute, and faster if the BB decides to not bow tank and thus eat more HE damage to other parts of the ship that is 3 salvoes from the BB, and given Zao maneuverability and armour scheme the poor BB probably did only 10k damage.

So, if a Zao knows how to ptfo and actually plays aggressively (which it can), I would pretty much just hide and get into concealment.  I know how fast that thing can melt any ship.

But many people think this ship is paper and not OP.

Still better than 2MK 1 Chapayev div tho, at least you can fire back at Zaos.

Yeah RIP that Missouri, being concentrated upon by three Zao and a Moskva…

I'm just playing the traditional range+concealment IJN fanboy setup as I'm just playing Zao to relax, but this ship surely is powerful.

Being well protected against any AP except Yamato's 460mm, meaning the battleship can't really seriously threat you like how they do DM, they only limit how you maneuver, but by stop shooting and get back into the dark, problem solved.

I even survived a death run right at the face of the enemy line. I pushed through the undefended A cap of Islands of Ice, and noticed the lack of support so I sailed through B to my teammates, harvested citadels off an Atago in the process. A North Carolina landed two salvoes at my broadside but I survived with 13k HP, and managed to do stuff after that. Guess a DM would be deleted, and even if it don't, it will be have to be extra extra careful after that.

The shell speed is fantastic, allowing hitting DD and combat CA/CL at great range. AP penetration is impressive, I'd say more reliable than battleships'. Using it with concealment can be a really sweet surprise. I took down two T8 cruisers in three salvoes by using a friendly Yugumo's smoke and secured the cap. 

BTW that Yugumo is really a decent player, trusting the teammates and provide smoke and recon for us and actively engaged enemy DD.

AA is pretty good for a IJN.

So basically it can be an all-rounder good against everything in the right hands. The major flaw is lack of HE protection and slow turret transverse. The torps' arc sucks even worse than Ibuki, and gets destroyed easily, but Zao's guns are already great enough. So I won't bother picking RoF, I had enough with 155mm Mogami. But I do pick adrenaline rush, it is useful.

But does it need a nerf? I guess no, as WG need to control how a ship generally perform, not how potential it is. As long as people keep spamming HE at battleships, Zao won't out perform in general stats, but just be more potential. It's not like a Imperator Serb-lai that out performs other T4 at almost everyone's hands.

But it doesn't need a buff after invisifire is removed either. As what I've observed, even though a LOT of people will aim at a Zao, when you are maneuvering at range(even if not a double rudder shift setup), people usually won't shoot at you, Zao's maneuverability and armor will disencourage them.

Edited by _Halcyon

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

I don't get salty

Because I can imagine most of them doing poorly in ships other than Zao

I guess I'm doing better at GK than Zao. I had a WR of 57.2 on my GK the day before yesterday, then tho I got a real bad day with like 30 games on GK with less than 30 WR (this isn't normal right? I didn't do anything bad to my team and got a TKer-ish WR), my GK's WR is still at ~55%, solo.