You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Bastion, why is it fun, yet so frustrating?

40 comments in this topic

1,836 posts
8,068 battles

Well, i was recently in this mode and it's a Win, and many players keep complaining "Fort OP, needs nerf", the others said just removed the mode and bring it to Coop-battle for reasons

I remembered a Shimakaze player got detonated by a Fort, a De Moines got destroyed by a fort, and a F.Der Grosse got citadeled by a fort :hiding:

And i was like :popcorn:

Fortresses are scary, but what about the fort drums? That's more even scarier :nerv_fish:

Is this what Bastion mode all about? 

:teethhappy:

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I find it funny, though the community want land-based targets. And now they want it removed? lol

Guess this gonna be like "ocean map" rant again.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i have some fun on bastion with my des moines, only if my allies know what they are doing. i push and radar DD and RN cruisers, see them get blasted to pieces by me and my allies.

but i do believe that those fort need to get their damage nerf and their RoF should be on 34s.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I find it funny, though the community want land-based targets. And now they want it removed? lol

No its not a rant,

WG F'ed up the Bastion mode since the beginning.

• Fort guns fires high caliber shells every 4s with better accuracy than the best human players.
  • And they fire HE, guaranteed pen to all CAs/DDs. I've seen a full HP Khaba trying to take back the cap gets deleted by fort's 5th salvo, a Khaba.
  • A BB pushing into the fort? Trying to play as a team? It's gonna die to the fort anyway.
  • The Surveillance Tower is a pain in the a** to hit.
  • You get no exp from damaging the fort. Which is the main reason why people don't bother to shoot it in the first place!
  • British CL can't even pen the forts until they get within 4km. IS THIS A JOKE? Much like the RN CL & KM DD lines? Kek.
  • Damage inflicted by fort to your ship doesn't register on the detailed report after the match ends. So you get no rewards for tanking their shots and no chance to get Dreadnought/Fireproof.
  • You've managed to capture the fort? Protect it with smokescreen, because it's 10x more useful than your teammates...
  • ... which is also the reason why its almost impossible to make a comeback when the other team has taken the forts...
  • ... because the surveillance tower permaspots every ship inside the cap! HAHAHA
  • All in all, fort behaviours only promotes passive gameplay due to them being massively outclassing the losing team by themselves.

Yes I know WG wanted Bastion mode to encourage teamplay, but that simply wont work on Random Battle.

Throw that mode to Team/Clan Battles where you can find teamplay. Even so, the forts themselves are still flawed.

And I'm pretty sure the competitive peeps would prefer fighting fellow human players rather than AI bots.

Ocean is a different issue because the rants comes from how it benefits certain ship classes like long range torp & HE spammer.

Meanwhile forts doesn't give a shit about what ship and what tactic you employ.

For me, Bastion mode & the forts right now is an insult to the players themselves.

67 posts
14 battles

I still haven't had bastion since the latest patch and I'm pretty happy.  I absolutely detest epicentre and bastion.

To be honest, I much rather epicentre than standard battle. At least Epi makes you move, unlike STD battle which the meta is generally a campfest.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

• You get no exp from damaging the fort. Which is the main reason why people don't bother to shoot it in the first place!

Was disabling the same FORT three times for DDs to cap

thanks for telling me the truth, I am NOT shooting FORTs anymore..

Edited by R3negade

37 posts
9,873 battles

Forts are OP.. 

they hit more than players do & the heal on them is insane ;)

saying that.. if I am being shot I hate them, if enemy is being demolished they are totally ok.

Also I won a close game last night due to a fort killing 2 enemy for the win with seconds to go. YAY!

Hate being hit by them though.

Also no reward for taking a fort down..

892 posts
7,853 battles

Team work is highly recommended with Bastion maps. BB/CA should focus on suppressing those forts while DD go for the cap. But if you find yourself teamed with players only interested in shooting other ships, half the battle is already lost

1,386 posts
8,237 battles

Did anyone actually asked for a futuristic fort that gets a higher RoF than a 127mm and have a HE shell damage similar to a 356mm AP? Or non-rewarding cap? Or non-rewarding suppression? Hitting the fort even cause you to lose your MBHR as the shots you fired are counted as shots but the hits you scored on fort aren't counted as hits. I guess no. The problem with fort is that WG did it the wrong way, not with the idea of a fort.

Edited by _Halcyon

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,416 battles

once, I started the game aboard my pepsicola and suddenly I'm being shot by the fort before I have the chance to even started started my engine yet!!!

I know pepsi's concealment is bad but COME ON !!!!

lucky it's been a while since I got that #&=€%@ mode

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

once, I started the game aboard my pepsicola and suddenly I'm being shot by the fort before I have the chance to even started started my engine yet!!!

I know pepsi's concealment is bad but COME ON !!!!

lucky it's been a while since I got that #&=€%@ mode

in the end...how can you get to Bastion mode with a T7? Did you div up with a T8 or sth since only T8 above can play Bastion mode.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,416 battles

in the end...how can you get to Bastion mode with a T7? Did you div up with a T8 or sth since only T8 above can play Bastion mode.

sorry i forgot

It was a Kutuzov not pepsi

sorry again

440 posts
3,379 battles

I still haven't had bastion since the latest patch and I'm pretty happy.  I absolutely detest epicentre and bastion.

At least in epicenter it can be a fun bloodbath of ships shooting at each other. In bastion? I rather get killed by a player than getting killed by THEM

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,416 battles

epicenter is joy to play only when you're playing DD

BB who get near the centre will get what he deserve (like burn or torps)

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

oh god, i remember a match on hotspot basition where my team captured 1/2/4/5 in 4 min, the other side tried to push the 1/2 forts 4 times, they lost 6 ships, and 4 of them to the forts, i was sitting in my smoke in gearing(yes i smoked the forts) laughing like, "what the actual $%# is this bullshit"

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

oh god, i remember a match on hotspot basition where my team captured 1/2/4/5 in 4 min, the other side tried to push the 1/2 forts 4 times, they lost 6 ships, and 4 of them to the forts, i was sitting in my smoke in gearing(yes i smoked the forts) laughing like, "what the actual $%# is this bullshit"

worst map for bastion. specially with 5 cap points, this one is utter BS. also for some reason i cant hit the number 2 fort (the one what spawn on the the location of surveillance radar) with my des moines on the first bastion map (forgot the name). i have nothing to shoot as the ass the enemy who par their ship in cap 2 got decimated by our team who when from 3. i try to shot it but i cant hit it. even though i aim at the same part here i aim with my bb.

1,386 posts
8,237 battles

I saw three ships smoke for the fort once, and two DDs even get out of the smoke to spot ships for the fort, That was a laughably easy winning.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

I saw three ships smoke for the fort once, and two DDs even get out of the smoke to spot ships for the fort, That was a laughably easy winning.

INB4 players learn how to smoke fire forts like they do to RNCLs now:trollface:

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles

•  
  • Damage inflicted by fort to your ship doesn't register on the detailed report after the match ends. So you get no rewards for tanking their shots and no chance to get Dreadnought/Fireproof.

thats why, no EXP no credits