You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

need advice to improve my skill :V

7 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

i am just realizing it that tier 6 is really a hell for carry the game as CV. i dont have a problem againts enemy CV, but i am still losing even we have air superiority. i am running Ryujo strike loadout aaand i hate lose, so my question will be :

assume at tier 6~8

1. what is the most threatening ship beside CV?

2. what should i do to carry the game beside spotting enemy DD and prevent enemy CV from striking? [dont say about to YOLO the entire enemy fleet]

3. the torpedo protection on the tier 8 BB is so strong or they have more HP, any advice to deal more damage?

4. SAIPAN fighter IS SO FAST! + the player who play it is harder to deceive, and STRAFING is IMPOSSIBLE... any advice?

5. the full island map is make TB harder to strike, any advice?

6. what is better for winning, sunk the low HP ship or deal high amount of damage to full HP enemy ship?

7. if i focused on sunk all DD earlier (sacrifice planes), can it increase the chance for winning?

8. any other advice?

11. anybody use "ace combat strangereal" mod? why i cannt use this mod :(

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

1.Most threatening will always be a dd torp spam from Shirasuyu and co and a BB who knows how to aim its big dangling rod ( same goes with the Spee).

Luckily the accuracy of tier 6 bb and below are not good , however from 7 up they are deadly dangerous as any 15 inch+ gun will make short work of any CA if they do hit

2. At tier 7 and below if you can start learning to screw dd by actually manual drop them instead of just spotting them , most cruisers at this tier have crap AA ( no DFAA count) and so wont be able to actually cover the dd from air threat. Learn to snipe dd :)

3.Stop going after tier 8 BB unless it is a last ditch effort , take your time to look around the map and rekt things that are ez to rekt with even if it is somewhere in the back of the enemy team

4.Take full FT upgrade to negate Saipan FT ( captain skill + upgrades) , your FT job is not to win the dogfight , but to buy you enough time to sink 1-2 enemy ships before him. You dont need anymore than that. If he is agressive and park FT everywhere use a bait to get him . make sure the trade is worth it.

5. Full island map is actually a blessing if you manual torp. Perceive how he will dodge you and choose the optimum angle of approach b4 he sees your plane ( important). Island restrict his maneuver so how he move will be fairly limited , the problem is to know the correct arm distance of your torps and not to start drop from a collision course with objects.

6.Always go for low health ships with DB 1st , if he doesnt hit the port go with TBs. Less guns shooting your team is always a good thing. However do look at what ship that is ( dont go for heavy AA ship) and is it worth losing an entier squad for it. You go for full health target if he is leading the push and there is no heavy AA cover him. Making him turn back with half hp will cower his whole team into defending and let your team push.

7.Destroy DD is an art , if you do sink 1 your chances of winning go up a lot. However it takes lots of practice to rekt them. DO NOT EVER AIM TO DESTROY THEM . AIM TO LEAVE THEM WITH SO LITTLE HP that they wont ever bother to be agressive.

8. Keep a look out for FT feint , which is luring your FT away from you and your team , this is a sign of incoming cv snipe. If you cant win the air war , your FT job is to keep enemy strikes out of your team for the longest time possible ( Reserve them to kill his strikes and refuse to engage his FT ). Deny his strike so that he is salty and come here to whine about you ruining his farm

9. Always test the other CV micro aptitude at the start of the match , some are good some are crap. If you know he has a hard time coordinating units launch attacks and feints at the same time to confuse his focus and let him screw his clicking up ( Very useful against IJN carriers)

Edited by legionary2099

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

..... Less guns shooting your team is always a good thing......

First rule of WoWs club.

I think patience is possibly rewarded more in a CV than most other ships. Especially when you consider your reload time.

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

I think patience is possibly rewarded more in a CV than most other ships. Especially when you consider your reload time.

This is true , but sometimes your team gun are not favored by RNJesus and thats where you step in. If your team has difficulty finish off low health ship do it for them. Just dont deliberately steal kill.

68 posts
3,836 battles

Well here is another way to do and that is to know your enemy and yourself. 

Check out the ship you owned for its perks and weaknesses to know how to skillfully play your ship and minimize exposing your vitals.

Also check ships from other nations and tiers even you don't play them. Have a brief understanding of the stat from other ship helps to be prepared when facing them. It may take quite some time but it's better to gain some understand than not knowing. Besides, 'knowing is half the battle won'.

1,105 posts

ah thanks for the advice bro, this time i am going to aggresively sunk/damage more DD.

its look like i must learn more about bombing near the island. for saipan, its look like everybody have struggle too againts it. too bad i need more 40K commander xp to get dogfighting expert. for CV vs CV, i know the trick already :V

btw, i think kill steal will be nice idea LEL :V i never think about it before.....

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,360 battles

On high tier games you need to put effort on harassing DDs

even you can't kill him, a torp hit is good enough to let friendly DDs to take care the rest

or perma spot him to make him use smoke and retreat.

But dont do this on a Fletcher...