Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

It has been proven, Izumo needs a nerf, I mean a NERF

22 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,367 battles

So my friend and I both skipped some part of Ibuki grind and got our Zao recently, and we're having some fun HE spamming.

Who says Zao is boring? Making people rage is never boring!

But here's the thing, I think Izumo needs a big big giant nerf. A NERF!!

So I was spamming HE at a Izumo yesterday, trying to harvest some Izumo flaming salt. But the Izumo gave me a salvo, two shells hit and both are citadels. I admit I was having too much fun spamming HE that I didn't do maneuver and I deserve getting citadelled. But all the shell hits are citadels! ********* this thing need a nerf.

And what's more, I hit Izumo with 32 HE shells and only got one fire! Wherez the fire Wherez the salt Wherez meh Witherer! And that fire only did 11 damage.

And my friend just played a Zao game and got detonated, one shot, boom, full HP to zero. Very fun and engaging, but it's a Izumo again.

IZUMO NEEDS A NERF

Why Izumo is OP

1. Looks very beautiful, the layout and bridge looks fantastic

2. Hard to set fire on

3. Very powerful and can delete cruisers extremely easily

So here's what I suggest to all Zao players

Keep away from Izumo, as far as possible. If you are to get detected, make sure you are at least 30km away from one.

OK I admit I'm shitposting

Edited by _Halcyon

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Only one time i got destroyed by Izumo is when i was still using Amagi A hull in the past. Other times is just i destroy them with my fully upgraded Amagi :teethhappy:

btw, maybe he has both Fire prevention and Damage control mod on him so it's hard to set fire on him?

Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

[FISH]
9 posts
8,933 battles

According to you, Amagi do need a nerf too it seem, I one shoot Zao before just because they show their broadside to me. And you underestimate IJN BB gun it seem, 41mm do a great job at citadel whoever showing their broadside to them. Also is detonate something new to this game?

Also the reason why you only have 1 fire because you shoot at the wrong part of the BB or they angling too well that your shell bounce, it is not strange to shoot over 100 HE at BB and not dealing any fire you know

Edited by Aesara

1,386 posts
8,367 battles

According to you, Amagi do need a nerf too it seem, I one shoot Zao before just because they show their broadside to me. And you underestimate IJN BB gun it seem, 41mm do a great job at citadel whoever showing their broadside to them. Also is detonate something new to this game?

Also the reason why you only have 1 fire because you shoot at the wrong part of the BB or they angling too well that your shell bounce, it is not strange to shoot over 100 HE at BB and not dealing any fire you know

Shhhh, it's a shitpost.

[BLUMR]
Super Tester
458 posts
7,199 battles

Izumo shell velocity is like the only threat to Zao players

870m/s is no joke

but it does have bad detection range so I guess it is balanced, at least I feel that way when I played it.

1,386 posts
8,367 battles

Izumo shell velocity is like the only threat to Zao players

870m/s is no joke

but it does have bad detection range so I guess it is balanced, at least I feel that way when I played it.

I'm just joking, but I surely want every other Zao in the team to leave the enemy Izumo alone when I'm playing a Zao, cuz I don't want to share a Izumo with other Zao. That huge weather deck with nowhere thicker than 32mm, just so sweet

Edited by _Halcyon

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,221 battles

Don't worry I got you were joking, with the Izumo that massive Teak deck that's smothered in Kerosene is just waiting for the Zao's Greek Fire to rain down upon it and Burn & Burn & Burn until it is sunk.

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,889 battles

in my opinion the zao is the one that needs a nerf he that sets fire will almost every salvo she fires dection thats anoying enough as it is and her citadal i get ricochets from at 7km in a tier 10 german bb

Beta Tester
4 posts
9,229 battles

the zao is just a shit paper thin shitter. yes i own one 603 games played. its soft shell and low hp is a direct reflection of its low deticabilty-less steel and ship less radar chance. as for above well do not all ships tend to bounce shells at angles 

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

So my friend and I both skipped some part of Ibuki grind and got our Zao recently, and we're having some fun HE spamming.

So I was spamming HE at a Izumo yesterday, trying to harvest some Izumo flaming salt. But the Izumo gave me a salvo, two shells hit and both are citadels. I admit I was having too much fun spamming HE that I didn't do maneuver and I deserve getting citadelled. But all the shell hits are citadels! ********* this thing need a nerf.

And what's more, I hit Izumo with 32 HE shells and only got one fire! Wherez the fire Wherez the salt Wherez meh Witherer! And that fire only did 11 damage.

And my friend just played a Zao game and got detonated, one shot, boom, full HP to zero. Very fun and engaging, but it's a Izumo again.

IZUMO NEEDS A NERF

Why Izumo is OP

2. Hard to set fire on

Keep away from Izumo, as far as possible. If you are to get detected, make sure you are at least 30km away from one.

no

Super Tester
234 posts
6,053 battles

IZUMO NEEDS A NERF

Why Izumo is OP

2. Hard to set fire on

is that a troll post or something?

69 posts
11,890 battles

Dunno but this player always complains about everything.

You can pretty much ignore posts like this 

I shouldn't reply to time wasting posts. Damn lol

[HMASW]
1,559 posts

If they got rid of zao's invisi fire, then it would be fair, but to be killed by ships that you can't even see even on clear waters, is absolute crap.

Ordrazz

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,593 battles

there was a time when  players were complaining about how easy the Izumo died  i really enjoy playing it so the best way to stay alive is keep out its of range 

451 posts
6,948 battles

can confirm. my izumo's displacement caliber penetrated an iowa's hull bow on, earning me the die hard achievement

Edited by Kleiss

[BLUMR]
Super Tester
458 posts
7,199 battles

If they got rid of zao's invisi fire, then it would be fair, but to be killed by ships that you can't even see even on clear waters, is absolute crap.

Ordrazz

Even if they did, it would still be strong.  At mid ranges (10-15km) the armour geometry can troll all BB AP shells except Yamato, and that is if you can even hit it with its rudder that can go down to 3.7s.

So no, I'd rather have an invisifiring Zao that hits less than 40% of his shells every 13.7s than a WASD Zao that hits 60% of his shells every 12.1s, at a range where your shells (if you are not Yamato) either bounce or overpen, while he draws your fire away from your team or kites you to a corner of the map.

Have you seen how a Zao can literally 1v1 a Montana and lose less than a third of its HP?  I mean this thing can solo kill tier 8 BBs one after another, losing at most 5k HP (cos overpens) to each one as it burns them down with its excellent HE, or slaps their broadsides for over 10k with its "balanced" AP.  As some players have said, this ship is too nimble for a T10 CA.  Playing a tier 10 CA against tier 8 BBs should not feel like taking a Tirpitz/Bismarck and bullying T6 battleships.

Sign in to follow this