You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bigbrownbear

Advice for Carrier Players [All please give some]

38 comments in this topic

20 posts
994 battles

Hello all, 

So by now I'm used to making these threads where I complain and ask for advice. It's a common thread with me :p. If things are going alright I'm quiet; if I need help I ask. 

Today's topic: Carriers. 

I've been playing around with carriers and I've been having inconsistent results. Some games I do really well, get a couple of kills, do a lot of damage etc. 

Then there are the other games that are just soooo awful and frustrating, particularly at Tier 5. 

So far it's like this:

Tier 5 Japanese Carrier: Run into 1 enemy fighter squadron and you're screwed, unless it's another IJN carrier. A bogue? You're done. I have spent entire games locked in the corner by 2 bogue fighter squadrons, unable to do a thing the entire game.

Tier 5 American Carrier: Run 2 fighter bogue and get nowhere with experience. Sure you shoot planes down and can lock out the enemy carrier - but the exp grind is soooo slow. If you run 2 bombers + 1torpedo, a single enemy fighter squadron will shut you down, and even japanese carriers are now grinning at the chance to get air superiority. Try to get your bombers/torps into position to bomb someone? Here comes the single enemy fighter squadron to chew you up.  At the moment I've played 8 games with my Bogue and won just 1. 

The common advice is: well just hang around your teams cruisers/bb's for the AA defense. 

Well, no, that doesn't really work, because those AA balls also hang at range from the enemy. If you want to try and be of any use you have to leave their protective sphere for extended periods of time. I've found that in practice no enemy CV is that stupid, they turn their fighters around and go back to their stand-by position at the centre of the map rather than get lured into aa death-fest.

Second: Avoid the enemy fighter squadron.

Easier said than done. Fighters are fast, and once the enemy CV catches on that you've got either no fighters or only 1 squadron, they'll park their superior fighter squadron in the centre of the map where they can easily and quickly respond to where your bombers are going. 

So if there are any carrier players here that want to deposit their advice, tips and learned hints into this thread to help out myself and other players, that would be greatly appreciated. I've tried looking up carrier guides before but they all seem out of date (didn't the Midway used to have a 1 fighter, 1 bomber and 2 torp bomber loud-out?).

Thank you all.

Edited by Bigbrownbear

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

try playing in t7 cv and your cv gameplay will change 180 degrees. cv is more like a wolf pack gameplay. scatter fighter planes for surveillance and cover for team. top priority is help spotting enemy dd. after that strike an enemy far from fleet. isolate and attack with numbers, thus wolfpack 

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

The most important piece of advice for you is :

Be sneaky , in a Bogue playing 1/1/0 nest you the most consistant results. 0/1/2 is only for advanced players and 2/0/1 is for noobs still learning the FT game. IF you have problem with FT showing or chasing you like chickens then do not let them see your planes first until you are ready to strike what you want ( learn air spotting distance). Keep them guessing where your aircrafts are and let them waste time by giving a squad to bait them with while you strike with the other.

At tier 5 , carrier sniping is very possible and easy to carry out , move all your squad except the FT along the edge of the map to where their carrier might be and MANUAL DROP on it to keep it out of action. Your FT job is to lure all enemy FT to where they are and as far away from their CV as possible so you can snipe in peace.

MANUAL DROP skill is mandatory to be successful , learn it. From tier 8+ you are expected to regularly drop on a DD mind you.

America FT will always be swamped by IJN FT from tier 7-10 , they have more of less stronk squads. So use ALT+Left click to strafe incoming FT from the furthest distance avail ( takes alot of practice ). Strafes are very powerful and if done right can knock out a FT squad from head on to half their size or less. Strafe will downright destroy any squads from behind ( use it against strikecraft return to base) and is the key to use your 1 FT successfully.

If you have Dive bombers they are the number 1 bait unit used by experienced player , use it in place of your FT if you need some baiting to get your torpedo bomber through. High tier US strike carriers it is the opposite ( because 1000 lbs bomb are ridiculous if they hit )

783 posts
4,815 battles

I'll start first with common advice:

Hanging around friendly AA only applies when you're gonna go for a fighter lockout, protecting your bombers and so forth. So it only counts WHEN enemy fighter presence is threatening your planes. So it's a given that you will go out of that protective sphere for your planes to do damage. Just clarifying that point.

In avoiding the enemy fighter squadron, it is what it is. You of course will want to not put your own planes in danger, but when push comes to shove, you will have to to contribute to your team. At Tier 5 at the very least, it may be easier said than done to avoid the fighter squadron, but on the flip side, the fighter squadron is not omnipotent and will not be at multiple places at the same time. That's something you have to keep in mind for your own advantage.

Now for the Ships

In a Zuiho (121 loadout), it is of course expected that you WILL lose the air to a Bogue(110/201). That is the case unless you outskill the enemy CV player. It's a nice thought to get air superiority yeah, but it is healthy to think that it will not always be the case. Your job as a Zuiho will be dealing as much effective damage against the enemies "before" you do lose the air inevitably against a Bogue. You have 3 bomber squadrons for the job, 2 TBs and 1 DB, and they are great in doing so. Your Torpedo bombers being your main source of damage are Tier 6 planes, which are heavily advantageous over the usual complement of ship AA you'll meet.

For Bogue, with 201 and 110 (Fighter and Stock Loadout), you are expected to win the air against Zuihos with your superior fighter squadron and fighter plane count. As a 201, your job will be to sweep the enemy's planes while protecting your fleet, and using that 1 DB squadron as harassment for fires, or plainly scouting enemy DDs. But when you use a 110, your job then will be to dish out consistent damage with your 1 TB squadron, while your 1 Fighter squadron slowly but sure wins the air. For all intents and purposes, 110 is the best loadout for Bogue to use. To those who would like to use 012, please do not complain when you lose all your planes because it is par for the course. A 012 Bogue's job is to dish out as much damage as it can before it runs out of planes. And since you are leaving the counterpart T5 CV to his/her whims, you should also be confident enough that your own contribution tops theirs even if they contribute for two times the amount of time given.

For general tips:

At this tier, T5 CVs have protected MM. The only ships you have to take mention of is Yuubari and Kaiser in T4, Texas and Konig in T5, Cruisers with Defensive AA at T6 since these ships' AA pack a punch. Advancing further down the line T6+, you'll have to take note of numerous ships that are a danger to you and your planes.

Practice manual dropping as early as now, so you get used to it later on. BBs make for great target practice at these tiers due to their relatively weak AA and slow response times, which means mistakes you make now are less detrimental and you are advised not to make the same mistakes in the future going up the CV trees.

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

IJN CV

pros

Torpedo damage is lighter than USS CV but 8 torpedoes direct hit in the same time DPS is more than USS CV

Bomber RNG is smaller than USS CV because 4 planes per group carry 250lbs(follow from wiki)

Bomber is faster than USS CV when already dropped bomber

FT damage is better than USS

Torpedo bomber and Bomber easy to kill DD

cons

paper

control hard when high tier

HP is lower than USS

low damage when you play potato sky(3/1/1 RJ, 3/1/2 Hiryu and Shokaku)

USS CV

pros

ouch! bomber 500lbs and 1000lbs and heavily damage for BB(BB said plz do not bomb me)

torpedo angle is good (RIP BB)

FT is stronk

Magazine of FT is more than IJN

carry jet fighter

less group ez control

ez clear sky

cons

sometimes FT type can't beat FT type of IJN

bomber is driven by stromtroopers(What is RNG)

hard to kill DD with bomber (if fun and engaging)

Independence has only 1 backup per group

Edited by Onlinegamer

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

Like others have already explained, just use the 110 Bogue. Do not feel compelled to use the loadout "upgrades". IMO for the USN CVs, the loadout upgrades are not really upgrades and more of a sidegrade, until the high tiers at least, as you will always have to sacrifice something for either more bombers or fighters.

Also, learn and try to master the basics of strafing and manual dropping, because those are mandatory at higher tiers. Those 2 skills are usually what distinguishes good CV players from the bad.

Learn to identify ships with good AA as those are the ships you generally want your planes to avoid (if enemy) or make use of (if friendly). Ships like the Texas at Tier 5 and Cleveland at Tier 6. If you haven't already, enable ship comparison so that you can look at the AA ratings of those ships in the match when the game is loading. Use it to find out which enemy ships to target, and which friendly ship you can rely on for AA cover. You don't want to run your bombers over to a friendly BB thinking that its AA will help kill those enemy fighters, only to find out that said BB is using a stock hull with little AA. Since CVs tend to have the one of the best AA ratings for their tier, so you can use the AA comparison as a very general guideline. Be wary of ships with higher AA ratings than you.

Anyway don't be discouraged. IMO Tiers 5 and 6 are the hardest for CVs as you will still be coming to grips with CV gameplay, but you will often be bottom tier (higher tier AA will chew up your planes), Defensive Fire starts to make an appearance (Tier 6) and most ships get decent AA from Tier 6 onwards while your hangar space is still low (running out of planes is common). Tier 7 is better as you get more hangar space but you will start running into those dreaded Saipans. Tier 8 and higher is where thing start to even out a bit as by that time you should be familiar with carriers and have mastered the basics, and while AA will still wipe out planes you will have the hangar space to bear with those losses.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,987 battles

Aside from the advice given above, try to coordinate attacks with teammates or at least let them know of your intentions. Please learn the basics of manual dropping and strafing before you get to T7 or else you will be nothing but a burden to your team.

2,221 posts
13,692 battles

If you are about to lose your CV then set as many squadrons as you can to autodrop before you die. They will carry out their mission even after you're dead.

1,105 posts

If you are about to lose your CV then set as many squadrons as you can to autodrop before you die. They will carry out their mission even after you're dead.

did you mean about to sunk?

LOL let the fighter cover/scout your team BB..... but call back all strike/bomber, dont give your enemy free clear sky! after tier 6, the cost of plane is costly after post battle!

this is my advice :

- DONT CHOOSE USN CV if you are not good at manual

- DONT CHOOSE IJN CV if you are not good at multitasking

as Zuiho, this is what i learn againts AS loadout bogue:

1. lure bogue fighter to friendly AA is a nonsense > even if you do, your fighter still get rekt and their fighter survive

2. SPLIT YOUR SQUADRON into 2, make unusual movement.... pretend try to attack with TB but go back... after its split it squadron and not focus..... attack with other..... > if the bogue fighter still stick, its your chance to drop atttack.

3. DONT try to strafe if the bogue fighter that is heading to you! why? it wont effect much.....well, there is a effective way to do it, but it to hard to explain and if everybody know ... this trick wont work anymore :V

4. just be patience..... know when to attack.... know when to hold

[i rekt 3 Ryujo fighter squadron or rekt 2 independe fighter with only 1 fighter squadron yesterday.... yes the enemy CV is more bad than me..... but still losing]

err....this is most easy to do :

4. be decisive and sacrifice your planes (lol fighter)......, but make sure your bomber come first.....at least they did damage the enemy ship...

5. target bogue DB as priority..... no matter what it cost! i deal no damage... so the enemy too!

6. dont rush to attack, wait a chance for attacking.... THERE WILL BE ALWAYS loner ship after 10 min

7. with weaker planes, patience and focus is the key....

the things that i think important to learn in IJN CV :

1. watch drifter

2. learn to confusing enemy multitasking >> higher tier IJN CV have more squadron, its mean more harder to control

3. learn to predict what will the enemy doing

>> the enemy CV AS loadout will try to munch your plane, just be patience for 7 min and they will started to loss focus

>> the enemy CV strike loadout will ty to deal as much damage as possible, defense its priority

4. learn to knife fighting againts DD

5. survive...... no matter what happen....

2,221 posts
13,692 battles

did you mean about to sunk?

LOL let the fighter cover/scout your team BB..... but call back all strike/bomber, dont give your enemy free clear sky! after tier 6, the cost of plane is costly after post battle!

I would rather the chance to land extra bombs and torpedos, get It's Just a Flesh Wound award, and help team win, but that's just me I guess. If your team can win the reward will be greater than the loss of a couple of planes. Besides, the planes return to where you sunk after they complete their drop anyways.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Tier 5 American Carrier: Run 2 fighter bogue and get nowhere with experience.

This so much, my average exp per battle for all ships is 1.2k meanwhile my Bogue only has 1.1k on average.

AS setups are heaps of fun, but they really need to buff the exp and credit gain.

I'm thinking of a +85% gain on exp/creds for shooting down aircrafts.

... ...

What? I just thought it would be nice to get a 19pt captain within a day's worth of playing. :hiding:

as Zuiho, this is what i learn againts AS loadout bogue:

2. SPLIT YOUR SQUADRON into 2, make unusual movement.... pretend try to attack with TB but go back... after its split it squadron and not focus..... attack with other..... > if the bogue fighter still stick, its your chance to drop atttack.

So much this, carriers are all about mind games, especially when playing strike vs. AS.

The only downside is that the UI, especially when using the map mode, is complete trash and often

doesn't register commands when swiftly shifting through squadrons.

Also, if by the end of the battle you're out of aircrafts but dealt 100k damage, then you've basically outplayed the AS CV.

The only downside is that his remaining aircrafts can now roam mostly scots free and keep your allies spotted, however

these are generally fruitless efforts, considering that the amount of damage you got through usually tilted the game in your

team's favour.

1,105 posts

I would rather the chance to land extra bombs and torpedos, get It's Just a Flesh Wound award, and help team win, but that's just me I guess. If your team can win the reward will be greater than the loss of a couple of planes. Besides, the planes return to where you sunk after they complete their drop anyways.

i am better did a seppuku with TB rather than give a free kill to enemy.

ooopsss.... its all about pride :V

So much this, carriers are all about mind games, especially when playing strike vs. AS.

The only downside is that the UI, especially when using the map mode, is complete trash and often

doesn't register commands when swiftly shifting through squadrons.

aye, i am forget to mention this. [not everybody know yet]

use[shift] key + squadron key  to select the combined squadron (enable "shift" first in the setting)

for example :

1 fighter+1 DB = hold shift+2(Fighter squadron)+5(DB squadon)

2 TB = hold shift + 3 (TB1) + 4 (TB2)

and also can be used for designating where to move after another move..... this trick requiring good prediction...

always ZOOM out and make your minimap bigger, it will make your multitasking easier

20 posts
994 battles

Are Japanese carriers really that superior?

I've tried the Independence now for a bit and it's the inconsistent results again. Sometimes do alright, other times all my planes get shot up.

But with the Japanese carrier, if I can get a Captain to Rank 10, that's 5 fighters per squadron, which severely reduces the IJN disadvantage of only 4 planes.

It makes their torp drops easier and it means the carriers with 2 fighter squadron loud-outs (the rest torps/bombs) have a fighting chance against, usually, the single american squadron of 6.

Thoughts?

1,105 posts

yes except for Langley, Bogue and Saipan..... langley with stockloadout can win both air supremacy and deal massive amount of damage. bogue with double upgrade fighter squadron is almost impossilble for Zuiho to fight even with strafe. and saipan...... tier 7 CV WITH tier 9 plane! so fast and deadly!

ntw, IJN CV with AS commander skill will punish you if you not carefull with your plane. the skill is not expanding hangar capacity... if you just brainlessly right click, you will run out of fighter and DB more quickly..... the nice things is with 5 fighter, you can destroy all USN fighter with Strafe more easy. as you know, strafing with 4 planes againts 6 plane will likely to fail. more fighter mean you can strafe wider!

dont forget, IJN have serious drawback too!

- higher tier will give you more squadron.... moar multitasking!

- the stike plane have static damage.... in higher tier the HP, armor and Torpedo reduction will increase.... so you need more hit!

- dont expect so much from IJN fighter...... 3 IJN fighter squadron with rightclick can still lose againts 1 USN fighter squadron...... LOL

- AS loadout? ooooo......

- NO UPGRADE for TB from tier 5 until tier 8!!! RIP our brave DB.... yeah DB doing kamikaze to destoy enemy AA first.

- after tier 8, USN CV will have more hangar capacity....

if you are running USN already, my advice is stay focused on your path.

most people suggest stock loadout is better (more versatile).... remember those USN TB have more damage and less wider torpedo spread.......  just learn manual bombing and strafing, you can still fight those 3 Ryujo fighter squadron with one strafe (you must have AS commander skill too)

superior or not is depend on the player!

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,987 battles

I've tried the Independence now for a bit and it's the inconsistent results again. Sometimes do alright, other times all my planes get shot up.

But with the Japanese carrier, if I can get a Captain to Rank 10, that's 5 fighters per squadron, which severely reduces the IJN disadvantage of only 4 planes.

It makes their torp drops easier and it means the carriers with 2 fighter squadron loud-outs (the rest torps/bombs) have a fighting chance against, usually, the single american squadron of 6.

Thoughts?

Independence, Ranger, and Lex are gimped. They are... questionable for different reasons.

20 posts
994 battles

Does it get better for USN at Tier 9 or 10, if Tier 6/7/8 are that gimped?

Because I've got a Tier 6 IJN and USN, so I can go either way :p. 

I enjoy the USN's fighter load outs a bit more; the trop bombers tighter spread is better for manual drop, and I've heard their dive bombers are kick ass at tier 9019, while the smaller squadron number but larger size makes them a bit easier to handle (my simple male brain makes multitasking a bit irritating :p). 

But with that being said, IJN carriers aren't a bore - they're fun too, and the playstyle can be adapted to.

294 posts
2,997 battles

Sorry to ninja this thread a bit but I am really curious. I am on HOSHO at the moment and for the love of all that is holy I cannot get air superiority. Now I know I know, IJN are weaker to US counterparts when it comes to fighters but I am actually losing superiority to enemy IJN as well. I do sometimes turn the table if I can get a straffe in but a lot of time RNJesus hates my guts. I mean my fighters still died when I was fighting the enemy fighter over 2 allied destroyers and they didn't take any damage. That was messed up! Is there anything I can do to better the chances of winning a fighter duel? And what should I do if the enemy parks his fighters on my carrier? I mean if my torpedo bombers take off they get swatted off the air in no time flat. I can't believe the difference in fighter specs is so high that I am losing the FT battle 95% of the time. Any tips for this issue? I chose the IJN line because I heard their torpedo spread was far and it took some skill to play but this is borderline unfair when I can't even put up a fight.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

Does it get better for USN at Tier 9 or 10, if Tier 6/7/8 are that gimped?

Because I've got a Tier 6 IJN and USN, so I can go either way :p. 

I enjoy the USN's fighter load outs a bit more; the trop bombers tighter spread is better for manual drop, and I've heard their dive bombers are kick ass at tier 9019, while the smaller squadron number but larger size makes them a bit easier to handle (my simple male brain makes multitasking a bit irritating :p). 

But with that being said, IJN carriers aren't a bore - they're fun too, and the playstyle can be adapted to.

No it doesnt , at higher tier the US is heavily gimped towards over specialization , you either do massive damage to salty ships or ruin the fun of playing the game for planes in the sky , there is nothing called balance in it. US carriers are extremely strong at what they do , but they can only do it and nothing else , the no FTs BS from WG ruin the fun out of it.

IJN Dive bombers are basically useless without manual aiming and more often than not they are baits.

IJN Torp bombers are the real threats , but they go down like flies to anything that is a higher tier than them. From Taiho onward , you can out damage a strike Essex in terms of raw damage due to having 3 torpedo squad to Essex 1 and do not have to rely on RNG unlike the US. This is very important , because if you multi task well you can do everything better than what a US will ever do to the team

Also the FT +50% ammo upgrade is extremely stupid , it gives IJN more benefit than USN FT. US FT will never have the chance to fully utilize that potential due to the fighter locking and meatshield IJN carrier can use. By the time you are done with the FT meatshield atleast 1 of your ships has already gone to the bottom of the sea.

Now about US carrier : they are a ONE TRICK PONY , you do only one job and make sure you do it well. Either do massive damage with manual aims or rub a big salt bag to the enemy carrier with your FT

20 posts
994 battles

Oh it doesn't? Gee that's comforting :p haha. 

I'm in that Tier 5-6 moment at the moment and it's very frustrating. The enemy CV's fighters are annoying enough, but getting put in games with Tier 7-8 BB's and cruisers that turn your planes into red mist in a few seconds is hair-pullingly frustrating. I finished one game with just 1 kill and 11k damage, because I lost all my planes to enemy bb's and cruisers (who always stick together). Then I have another game and get a couple of kills, 60k damage and shoot down a lot of planes. That's the MM for you.

Edited by Bigbrownbear

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

I'm in that Tier 5-6 moment at the moment and it's very frustrating. The enemy CV's fighters are annoying enough, but getting put in games with Tier 7-8 BB's and cruisers that turn your planes into red mist in a few seconds is hair-pullingly frustrating. I finished one game with just 1 kill and 11k damage, because I lost all my planes to enemy bb's and cruisers (who always stick together). Then I have another game and get a couple of kills, 60k damage and shoot down a lot of planes. That's the MM for yo

I'm in that Tier 5-6 moment at the moment and it's very frustrating. The enemy CV's fighters are annoying enough, but getting put in games with Tier 7-8 BB's and cruisers that turn your planes into red mist in a few seconds is hair-pullingly frustrating. I finished one game with just 1 kill and 11k damage, because I lost all my planes to enemy bb's and cruisers (who always stick together). Then I have another game and get a couple of kills, 60k damage and shoot down a lot of planes. That's the MM for yo

Thats normal , the only salty ship in IJN line is Hiryu because of its tier VI torp plane that die to any clicking on it and it has to face the FRY PAN on a regular basis which has flat out better FT than it

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

My tip for you
If you are F2P. 
Play IJN CV. War Gaming absolutely hate USN CV so don't even bother to play them

IJN CV wise, low tier is easy mode. Learn to strafe + manual drop+ positioning. That's the basic. 
After learn to bait enemy fighters, CV snipe and cross drop. Now you are good to go.
I shit you not, don't play USN CV. You have no idea how much War Gaming hate USN CV

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

The most important piece of advice for you is :

Be sneaky , in a Bogue playing 1/1/0 nest you the most consistant results. 0/1/2 is only for advanced players and 2/0/1 is for noobs still learning the FT game. IF you have problem with FT showing or chasing you like chickens then do not let them see your planes first until you are ready to strike what you want ( learn air spotting distance). Keep them guessing where your aircrafts are and let them waste time by giving a squad to bait them with while you strike with the other.

At tier 5 , carrier sniping is very possible and easy to carry out , move all your squad except the FT along the edge of the map to where their carrier might be and MANUAL DROP on it to keep it out of action. Your FT job is to lure all enemy FT to where they are and as far away from their CV as possible so you can snipe in peace.

MANUAL DROP skill is mandatory to be successful , learn it. From tier 8+ you are expected to regularly drop on a DD mind you.

America FT will always be swamped by IJN FT from tier 7-10 , they have more of less stronk squads. So use ALT+Left click to strafe incoming FT from the furthest distance avail ( takes alot of practice ). Strafes are very powerful and if done right can knock out a FT squad from head on to half their size or less. Strafe will downright destroy any squads from behind ( use it against strikecraft return to base) and is the key to use your 1 FT successfully.

If you have Dive bombers they are the number 1 bait unit used by experienced player , use it in place of your FT if you need some baiting to get your torpedo bomber through. High tier US strike carriers it is the opposite ( because 1000 lbs bomb are ridiculous if they hit )

im sorry do listen to this idiot , 2/0/1 is that best load out , you want to protect your fleet 

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

im sorry do listen to this idiot

What did i do to be deserved to be called an idiot , any mods out there can do with this personal attack ?. If my advice is wrong then point it all

Now i will point out your advice flaws :

-2/0/1 is NEVER fun. It is the most boring loadout for a Bogue , your allies have fun but you do not. If you find left click fighters are fun and are lazy - well good for you. But being lazy and learning nothing will not contribute to the harshness of later tier and i personally dont like it.

-Teaches you to strafe ? No , Bogue dont teach you that because you have overwhelming airpower already and theres no need for it while later tier CV lose in airwar and desperately need to master the strafe

-Protect the fleet ? Sure protect it with 2 FT at this tier is very easy at the cost of no exp , no credit for yourself , prolonging the suffering. Have you ever know how sastisfactory it is to blow a ship out of the water with Murica 4x strike groups ?

-Also protect the fleet is a delaying action , it ruins fun for both you and the person playing CV on the other side. He get to deal no damage and you too.

If bychance he get a good strike in he will have already done more than you could ever hope to in swaying surface action and chances are he will nest more credits and exp too.

-Your miniscule single bomber scares nobody , you cant even properly protect yourself if you are the last one standing ( which chances are high you are ). If dd rush you or your team fails you you will come here and whine saltily about it cause single bomber can do nothing but itching like a mosquito bite.

-Scouting ? Theres no need at this tier as the gun combat range are much shorter and everyone more or less are more willing to commit to brawling. Scout still has it use , but gun range is too short to make it truly useful like in high tier and dd are far smaller at this tier to be reliably hit at long range. The only scouting you can do thats still useful is spotting the short range torps that are flinging at your team. Thats about all the scouting you can do for your team

So have fun playing 201 in a tier 7 match where no body bloody need your FT :trollface:

Edited by legionary2099