You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArmedRobber

Controllable Secondary Batteries

7 comments in this topic

48 posts

wouldn't that be awesome if we are able to control SOME secondaries that has little size difference

for example . I am using a Cleveland class cruiser and I have 6 inch guns as my main.but there is a 5 inch guns at the sides .so we should be able to fire it but there is a range difference .6 inch guns has 13km? and the 5 inch guns has 9-10

isn't that good for all ships that we can control some guns that has little caliber difference? "AA guns is out of the question"

4-5 inch guns is the limit

Edited by ArmedRobber

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

there's a game that made you control all big  secondaries and they made the game nicely. but one reason is dd will severely suffer. cruisers with guns that have a low reload, then the 2nddaries which have faster reload will make it easy to shoot dd.

here's an old thread for secondaries, might be helpful
http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/3167-is-there-a-reason-we-do-not-get-to-aimfire-secondary-cannons/

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,957 battles

If I recall correctly, last time someone proposed a similar idea on user controllable secondary armaments, the devs said it sounds too complicated for the average Wows player.

Edited by 9mm1n

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,492 battles

Your idea is not very good , it is called secondary for a reason. Anyway if you manual control like that there are times where targets appear on both sides and you end up losing your firepower due to manual control.

Also secondary build on BB can reach up to 10km , you will have to carefully aim to hit targets at 10 km and therefore let AI aim for you is the better choice

1,105 posts

i want to control my fighter TOO!! it will look awesome if i can got first person view from my own fighter when they do a dogfight. imagine! 1 fighter IJN rekt the entire 12 USN fighter! and let IJN dive bomber carry 1000lbs bomb and doing kamikaze..... more awesome! or let our fighter strafe ship AA...... like this video

HOHOHO this is going to turn worldof warship into world of plane

ALL HAIL AIR SUPREMACY!