You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Upcoming ranked season is the very definition of P2W

39 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

War Gaming should honestly cancel the next ranked season. I have no idea who came up with the idea to have ranked battle in a tier with the most overpowered premiums. e.g. no skill Belfast, Flint, Saipan, Scharnhorst, Sims, Blyska, e.g e.g. Have fun playing tier 7 in your Nagato, Colorado, even less skilled Belfast with IFHE will destroy you, all he need to do is press 3 buttons and hold down M1 anyway. Have fun playing Hiryu or Ranger agaisnt Saipan, Atlanta, Gneisnau. Have fun playing destroyer with Atlanta, Belfast, Indianapolis, Flint, Blyska and Sims running around. In general, have fun playing ranked as F2P because War Gaming is going down the path of P2W and want you to buy the Type 59 of WOWS *cough cough Saipan, Belfast, Scharnhorst*

The expected line up of ranked 1 will be

Saipan
Scharnhorst
Gneisnau
Belfast
Flint
Sims/Blyska

I'll leave this here

[-BRO-]
10 posts
7,898 battles

now correct me if i'm wrong but flint is the one premium ship you've listed you cant buy. it is/was a reward ship.

Also remember it isn't the ship, its the player that makes up the largest portion of how well a ship performs.

I could go on about T7 being that most popular tier or wg loving t7 for whatever reason but I wont.

Put your trust and skill in your ship and the rest will follow

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

If you think it is p2w Silent, I suggest you end your rant and don't play ranked.

Simple.

Why should I end my rant on an obvious issue that have been agreed by multiple players on multiple servers ?

I will play ranked, but I will enjoy seeing how the high ranks line up will only consist of premium ships + Gneisnau

Edited by silenthunter19944

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

I see no reason why Flint should be in the list.

And don't forget Shiratsuyu, although it may lose a gunfight, a concealment advantage can allow your cruiser teammates shoot at the enemy DD before the enemy sees you.(a well skilled player can even keep the distance and stay in the dark while letting his teammates shoot the enemy DD) The torp reloader allows this ship to totally crush a smoke.

Also Fiji, while not having a radar like Belfast, it can be even more devastating when it comes to rain shells on DD.(Belfast's AP has a longer delayed fuze, meaning overpen on DD while Fiji's can penetrate and explode inside the DD, much lewd) It's also the only T7 cruiser that has a heal, meaning a mistake during gameplay is more acceptable than any other cruiser of the same tier.

I think a Shchors with IFHE is the best cruiser firepower at T7, superior ballistics and better chance of fire than Belfast, allowing it to quickly melt Craporado/Nagato, and shoot at DD at a longer range. But probably think twice, as this ship has a huge turning radius and is quite fragile, and doesn't have superior concealment.

65 posts
3,473 battles

While I agree with you that this ranked season is likely to be dominated by premium ships, but remember that potato players can still make a mockery of themselves no matter how OP their ship is.

Still, I find it rather funny how WG did the exact opposite of last ranked season, is it too much vodka or pressured by sales target? :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,511 battles

You still need to ba a good player to advance through the ranks.

Well performing ships are like multipliers, the player have to be fairly good to utilise its full potential.

I'm sure you've seen shitty premium ship players.

381 posts
9,957 battles

In ranked Gneisenau is equal to Nagato at most. Speed isn't as much of an advantage while the torp is only useful under 4km.

Scharnhorst is a questionable choice. Losing the ability to overmatch bow-on BB while suffering 8k salvo in return doesn't sound good, but this season probably will be filled with cruisers which is the perfect environment for it.

Saipan isn't a problem. Below r10 there are too many potato CV players and above r10 the CV population is low enough for you to dodge them.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

You don't play PvP.

Your opinion is invalidated.

It wasn't an opinion.

It was a suggestion.

Thanks for your input...........

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

525 posts
7,946 battles

You don't play PvP.

Your opinion is invalidated.

Ouch. 

ahahahahaha

oh man that actually made me chuckle :teethhappy:

Edited by Skooma

112 posts
5,463 battles

NEWSFLASH:

Wargaming is a commercial entity who wants to make money. Who knew right?

People will spend money on these ships, they will be terrible in them if they are terrible and good if they are good. Meanwhile if you don't want to/can't fork out money for a premium you consider to be 'op' then find a tech-tree ship and enjoy that. Fiji, Gneisenau, myoko (not the arp version) all rank highly in estimates for upcoming ranked.

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

well, maybe part of decision why the rank is in tier 7 instead of 8 were IFHE

according to Jingles, apparantly in WoW competitive scene

Atago, aka paytago - have gone extinct

every matches all cruiser were kutuzov !

Kutuzov have become undisputed king of T8 competitive scene

well, I certainly feel Kutuzov is freakin op this patch - so If that was the reason - I can understand it lol

Edited by humusz

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

well, maybe part of decision why the rank is in tier 7 instead of 8 were IFHE

according to Jingles, apparantly in WoW competitive scene

Atago, aka paytago - have gone extinct

every matches all cruiser were kutuzov !

Kutuzov have become undisputed king of T8 competitive scene

well, I certainly feel Kutuzov is freakin op this patch - so If that was the reason - I can understand it lol

I guess a Chapayev can sort of challenge Mikhail's domination, being able to radar DD and invisifire and stuff.

As for IFHE, T7 is a tier where 152mm picking IFHE can benefit but may not worth it. At T8, 152mm picking IFHE can provide extra damage against cruisers and battleships, but for T7, cruisers don't have 25mm bow/stern, so picking IFHE can cause a drop in damage against DD but a increase in damage against BB.

Edited by _Halcyon

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

I guess a Chapayev can sort of challenge Mikhail's domination, being able to radar DD and invisifire and stuff.

well, just watch the video

IDK how the pro WOW competitive scene play out. or how chappayev can challange MK in that situation

but MK have supperior range, smoke and brutal AA - its an obvius supperior pick