You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

Pro BB player is really a [content removed], MAKE DD GREAT AGAIN!

23 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

Today i just got 5streak lose with Ryujo. i dont have a problem againts enemy CV...... most of them are noob. i realize, most of them (3 match) are caused by Pro BB......  half of your team destroyed less than 8~12 min by devastating strike? seriously? 

what is DD doing ? both my team and foe DD just capping and then POP smoke... then do nothing... 

i cannt kill the BB because... pro BB always stick with their team AND high tier BB have HIGHER torp damage reduction...

THE MOST annoying is, BB sail through the island and make it harder to drop torpedo..... DD should be able to kill BB with its devastating torpedo.....but where is DD?

KILLED!

- higher BB tier have more DEADLY secondary armament.... RIP DD

- DD get easily spotted by  plane..... i see it opponent DD just running away when the smoke is out... 

- DD torpedo easily spotted by plane.... what ? so its easier to dodge

- DD got killed a lot by cruiser .... i think they have RDF... (+tier7)

- DD got killed too by IJN CV in close combat [LOL, this is real.... IJN CV are so fast like cruiser, i can kill it when it close... the sneaky DD got killed by my TB or DB]

- Manual TB from CV is too hard to dodge for every sheep.... 

valentine is near.... so DD need more love too!

- add turn off radio for DD..... or nerf RDF only active every 20 sec for 3 second duration

- DD need stronger armor againts secondary armament... or just nerf the secondary armament damage againts DD

- make DD torpedo FASTER.....

- make DD torpedo concealment better!

- NERF BB rudder shift... so torpedo can hit easily :v 

- btw, dont buff AA for DD..... it will become [content removed] for CV... BB and CA already have strong AA

bring back stealth DD....encourage DD to kill BB again!

MAKE DD GREAT AGAIN! 

Derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

440 posts
3,380 battles

do you know what you need to do?

in case you don't know here's what it is :

BUILD A WALL, BUILD A WALL MADE OUT OF TORPEDOES AND THE BBS WILL PAY FOR IT​, RIGHT NOW THE DD DREAM IS DEAD. NO! TURN THOSE SPOTLIGHTS OFF! OFF!

( what are other trump references?)

683 posts
7,367 battles

Back in late 2015/ early 2016 torpedo soup and stealth torping was an issue, despite that they nerfed High tier BB rudder shift time initially (or nerf the torp detection range first? I forgot) 

In the end , BB larger than ? 50k tonnes turn slower, meanwhile no more torpedo soup. The problem now is IJN DD especially those with weaker guns are now in trouble.. 

Edit for typo

Edited by Darkworld_2015

1,386 posts
8,251 battles

Really? Blaming people for they play well? That's really Drumpf-y.

It's asia so pretty much everyone play DD for some kind of faith or sth. Probably KanColle or sth. It's normal, don't expect too much from destroyers, especially the IJN DD, and this time the MM is mean to you.

Yesterday I was playing my newly bought Zao, and each time when there are T10 destroyers, my team gets a Shimakaze while the enemy gets a Gearing. So I experienced a painful losses. But still I have a overall WR of 50% on this ship. Or my Mogami, the last day on her was totally painful, IIRC I even posted a little rant about this, but still 56% WR. As for me, I don't really feel excited when I win (unless I did a huge part in reversing the outcome, which isn't that common for a noob like me), but I do feel frustrated when I tried my best and lost. So probably OP feels the same.

Edited by _Halcyon

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

1) Get your torp game on. Focus on taking apart the team if you can, cruisers and DDs first.

2) A good DD can be extremely devastating. Try the high tier USDD line if you haven't, it's amazing.

3) Same thing applies to good BB players. Go get your Yugumo and F3 torpedoes. Now launch those ungodly 76 knot water rockets (or 81 with TA) and watch any ships desperately try to evade.

That being said, there are really good players, and I do feel your pain. But that's MM for you, and MM strikes us all somedays.

1,105 posts

2) A good DD can be extremely devastating. Try the high tier USDD line if you haven't, it's amazing.

i wont play any DD tree, i am no good at fragile but very agility class no matter what game...... but thanks for advice

Really? Blaming people for they play well? That's really Drumpf-y.

It's asia so pretty much everyone play DD for some kind of faith or sth. Probably KanColle or sth. It's normal, don't expect too much from destroyers, especially the IJN DD, and this time the MM is mean to you.

its not a blame, its compliment for playing too good..... but i dont know people will misinterpret my Ri(p)nglish.... i think i should start to read more about the real meanin or thesaurus of a word.

as both torpedo dependent, i am just feel DD neer morebuff

Weren't you quitting? I am sorry but I saw your other posts about CV and I remember reading you saying in capital words "I QUIT". So what happened to that plan?

its quitting KM CA, after i got nurnberg, i realize it wasnt my ship... so i start play IJN CV

Back in late 2015/ early 2016 torpedo soup and stealth torping was an issue, despite that they nerfed High tier BB rudder shift time initially (or nerf the torp detection range first? I forgot) 

In the end , BB larger than ? 50k tonnes turn slower, meanwhile no more torpedo soup. The problem now is IJN DD especially those with weaker guns are now in trouble.. 

the real problem is the deadly secondary from BB..... especially Gnesinau..... DD cannt survive, and most  its torpedo missed!

BUILD A WALL, BUILD A WALL MADE OUT OF TORPEDOES AND THE BBS WILL PAY FOR IT​, RIGHT NOW THE DD DREAM IS DEAD. NO! TURN THOSE SPOTLIGHTS OFF! OFF!

i want DD to have "magnetic mine" wall instead to punish those brawling BB,,,,,,  

yes it is trump reference....

520 posts
11,127 battles

In my opinion... The DDs currently in the game are balanced...though IJN dd players need to rethink if their tactics before are still applicable now. But Rrgarding The USN, Russian and even KM DDs.. They have or are slowly finding thier identity

The issue is some players who play mostly DDs dont get the dynamic on how important DDs are.

- For Capping / Counter capping

- Spotting and Smoke for Capital ships

- secondary roles of AA and Sonar Duties.

DDS can be independent, or valuable Fleet ships... Though most players choose being rather selfish about kills:(

683 posts
7,367 battles

the real problem is the deadly secondary from BB..... especially Gnesinau..... DD cannt survive, and most  its torpedo missed!

Mate, then you will find Bismarck secondaries are.even deadlier... :P

I personally can't play DD... 

218 posts
3,793 battles

In my opinion... The DDs currently in the game are balanced...though IJN dd players need to rethink if their tactics before are still applicable now. But Rrgarding The USN, Russian and even KM DDs.. They have or are slowly finding thier identity

The issue is some players who play mostly DDs dont get the dynamic on how important DDs are.

- For Capping / Counter capping

- Spotting and Smoke for Capital ships

- secondary roles of AA and Sonar Duties.

DDS can be independent, or valuable Fleet ships... Though most players choose being rather selfish about kills:(

Can't help it. There's not much incentive for a team play in this game. The exp point for acting as support, like AA, spotting, smoking and sonar/radar is very low. So everyone from a DD to a carrier doing the exact same thing, farming for damage and kills. The problem is, some ship are better than others in that regard.
Edited by Puteralanun

520 posts
11,127 battles

Can't help it. There's not much incentive for a team play in this game. The exp point for acting as support, like AA, spotting, smoking and sonar/radar is very low. So everyone from a DD to a carrier doing the exact same thing, farming for damage and kills. The problem is, some ship are better than others in that regard.

Yes, perhaps.  But its not like you loose credits for doing these things... Dds are force multipliers for the team... And in many ways, can influence the match...specially when it comes to capping.  

Naval combat always had an element of Team Play...regardless if in a game or in real life.. Hence, overlaping Support capabilities for each ship.

Just so happned theres alot of things the DD can do more effectively because of low concealment.

Super Tester
7,595 posts
8,005 battles

I have mostly played T7 DDs so far in the game, its like 1/4th of my total played games. Never felt the problems you mention. My problem is friendly CVs never support DDs unless in the same division or a quality player which is quite rare.

1,105 posts

I have mostly played T7 DDs so far in the game, its like 1/4th of my total played games. Never felt the problems you mention. My problem is friendly CVs never support DDs unless in the same division or a quality player which is quite rare.

beside defending from bomber attack, what kind of support DD need? this will be valuable info!

BB go cap

CA sniper(neither Moskva)

DD snip torpedoes!

its obviously turn the new meta......

Super Tester
7,595 posts
8,005 battles

beside defending from bomber attack, what kind of support DD need? this will be valuable info!

Dive Bomber attacks are mostly RNG based and there is a way DD can defend itself from them. TB cross drops however, quite impossible to dodge if dropped by decent CV players. DD may not die but losing 3/4th of the HP is almost the same as being dead in a DD. But what I feel is, defending a DD against friendly strike is not always possible and that is ok, but when enemy CV keep the friendly DD spotted or keep scouting for friendly torps and the friendly CV is too busy farming damage on the blue line enemies which are practically no threat and keeping the fighters idle over some mountain, that is a problem. That is the CV player who ruins the game for the whole team single handed. Scouting and counter scouting is best way to help friendly DDs. This should be the first task. Killing enemy DDs and defending friendly DDs is the second one.

Last but not the least, CV player has the easiest time analyzing the battlefield, he can easily see the mistakes of friendly and enemy ships. Help the friendly ship who is doing the right thing, or trying to make something happen, help the one who is oppressed, or punish the enemy making mistakes, take enemy cv's focus to somewhere else. (AS Vs Strike).

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,386 posts
8,251 battles

BB go cap

That's what I experienced in one GK game… I was forced into the cap cuz all DDs were sunk. The enemies the cap tried to stop me, but I eventually won. I killed a Yugumo with 2k HP first, killed a Edinburgh with two salvoes, a Zao tried to YOLO rush me but was TK'd by their Gearing(also worked as a TDS for me lol), and use hydro to kill the Gearing. There was a Shima and Bismarck near the cap behind the island and I killed Shima quickly after this. Then I noticed a well preserved DM behind me, but he didn't provide any support when I was fighting hard in the cap. I guess that's also why all our DD were gone quickly. Luckily the game won, a friendly Montana did even better than me, clearing nearly all enemies on the other side and kept that cap neutral. (He killed the last floating Iowa at that side by ramming so he didn't get to cap)

Edited by _Halcyon

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,671 battles

do you know what you need to do?

in case you don't know here's what it is :

If you want to talk about Trump best you post on US server. I cant speak for everyone, but I would guess that most on Asian server dont really care at this time.

440 posts
3,380 battles

If you want to talk about Trump best you post on US server. I cant speak for everyone, but I would guess that most on Asian server dont really care at this time.

ummm....    Okay? Sorry but, I don't quite get what you're saying :/

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,671 battles

Leave the politics and commentary for other places.

~dead_man_walking

That's what I tried to say, you were better at it.