Loshirai14

Akizuki should be moved to tier VI

59 comments in this topic

345 posts
3,668 battles

I can't believe how useless Akizuki is. Even a Farragut can outdamage an Akizuki. I've had more consistent matches on my farragut even at stock compared to the abysmal Akizuki. Why place a ship with 100mm guns in tier 8 where it faces heavily armored ships. I can't even reliably damage another destroyer. Yes, i can shoot more but enemy shells deals more damage. 

Akizuki belongs at tier VI at best or maybe even tier V. The only good thing about the Akizuki is it's turret traverse and health. Everything else is trash.

Akizuki is too reliant on tier 4 skills. You would need IFHE, CE and AFT just to make it somewhat useful. 

They need to buff Akizuki's guns or just move it to lower tiers. Shiratsuyu can be moved to tier 8 and still be viable. Move Akizuki to tier 7 and it would still struggle.

GfLR32i.jpg

Edited by Loshirai14

345 posts
3,668 battles

I think if Akizuki was moved to tier 6 she will very op in that tier

Minekaze is too paper armor, Nicholas is paper armor, ap all the game, AA too much op in tier 6

Then why do they keep farragut on tier VI? It's more OP than Akizuki.

If you give Akizuki the health appropriate for tier VI (<15k hp), then a farragut will outdamage an akizuki and may even be able to kill it on a 1v1 battle.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Then why do they keep farragut on tier VI? It's more OP than Akizuki.

If you give Akizuki the health appropriate for tier VI (<15k hp), then a farragut will outdamage an akizuki and may even be able to kill it on a 1v1 battle.

no way, akizuki accurate guns can easily hit dd 5km and above without problem. she also has fastest reload guns. try using HEAP on her and see the difference. also even without HEAP, her HE shell as no problem penetrating lower tier DD hull.

345 posts
3,668 battles

no way, akizuki accurate guns can easily hit dd 5km and above without problem. she also has fastest reload guns. try using HEAP on her and see the difference. also even without HEAP, her HE shell as no problem penetrating lower tier DD hull.

I can deal more damage with my farragut without IFHE and AFT vs an Akizuki with IFHE, AFT and CE.

nY1qtNJ.jpg

I'm not saying that you're a bad player. I just want to show how much better Farragut is overall vs Akizuki.

Edited by Loshirai14

451 posts
6,946 battles

u need HEAP to play this ship. if you dont have it, those stats mean that you're already doing very well. remember, you're a tier 8 compromised gunboat, not a fletcher.

345 posts
3,668 battles

u need HEAP to play this ship. if you dont have it, those stats mean that you're already doing very well. remember, you're a tier 8 compromised gunboat, not a fletcher.

Farragut, on tier VI doesn't need IFHE and AFT to be viable while Akizuki, which is on tier 8 needs IFHE, AFT and CE just to be viable. That alone makes it more clear that Akizuki is weaker than Farragut.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I can deal more damage with my farragut without IFHE and AFT vs an Akizuki with IFHE, AFT and CE.

nY1qtNJ.jpg

I'm not saying that you're a bad player. I just want to show how much better Farragut is overall vs Akizuki.

easy, its because akizuki has to deal with ship that has higher armor, fire resistant and radars.

while farragut usually feast on lower tier bb and dd. also higher tier has more skills than casuals on lower tier. if they move her to lower tier she can easily crush other ship. (don't feed the duck too much)

she has 9.6 invisifiring

fastest shell velocity

fastest gun reload

345 posts
3,668 battles

easy, its because akizuki has to deal with ship that has higher armor, fire resistant and radars.

while farragut usually feast on lower tier bb and dd. also higher tier has more skills than casuals on lower tier. if they move her to lower tier she can easily crush other ship. (don't feed the duck too much)

she has 9.6 invisifiring

fastest shell velocity

fastest gun reload

Farragut Gun reload 4 secs (1800 HE damage)(127mm = better penetration, more chance of damage)

Akizuki Gun reload 3 secs (1200 HE damage)(100mm = goodluck damaging anything)

Shell velocity means nothing when you only have 100mm shells

Faster shell velocity means you can't easily shoot from behind islands

Farragut has more range at stock

Farragut has more buffer for invisfiring even without AFT.

Farragut has longer duration smoke

Farragut is faster

Farragut can damage tier 8 BBs no problem.(not including fire)

Akizuki, 100 shell hits, 4k damage on a tier 8 BB (not including fire)

Farragut can damage bow-on tier 8 ships

Akizuki barely scratches bow of tier 8 ships.

Farragut can damage superstructure of tier 8 ships

Akizuki barely scratches superstucture of tier 8 ships

which is the better ship?

Edited by Loshirai14

381 posts
9,957 battles

Have to agree on the captain-dependent part. This ship is also extremely sluggish which makes it extremely uncomfortable to play when it comes to dodging shells under 10km - who the hell at WG thought 33kn and 730m turn radius is a good combination? I wish they had nerfed its HP to 15k and given it better maneuvarability or base range instead.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

nY1qtNJ.jpg

I don't understand how your stats vs his stats make up for this topic... 

you need to use these stats in the first place (Spoiler)

RH5Bxia.png

So by these stats Tashkent should be replaced or Kagero should be replaced again... Why even try man DD vs DD Akizuki is OP.. It even out plays CAs if you have enough skill

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Akizuki should no move, T8 is fine, but WG should give her 3 type Torp launching: Wide; narrow; and single (like RN CL)

Why should the gunboat get the special torpedo launch? 

345 posts
3,668 battles

here is my BB stats

maybe we should move north carolina to T6 too

My reason for why Akizuki should be moved isn't because of the stats. I'm talking about the ship's overall capabilities. NC far outclasses New Mexico from gun caliber, range to armor. Akizuki has the smallest gun at it's tier. So small infact that it is having a hard time dealing damage. If you played Akizuki as a dedicated torpedo boat, then it just defeats the purpose of it being the japanese "gunboat"

Edited by Loshirai14

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Can I ask one thing... Are you being SARCASTIC. Because it is not funny... and I mean what are you even trying to prove???

For me it feels like you are saying "I Don't know how to play Akizuki so please move it from T8 to T6...." If you don't want to take stats into consideration then m8 you need to go to doctor...

Edited by Aaditya_AJ