Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gorbon_Rubsay

Server Stats - Win Rate VS. Player pool

6 comments in this topic

213 posts
4,335 battles

This is an extrapolation the point I made on the other stats thread:

Win rate is directly correlated to number of players playing a particular ship and therefore cannot be used to directly compare ship's performance. Instead, here is a graph of Win Rate VS. number of players (data from SEA 1/28/17 last 2 months, taken from here.

ZuOUpfk.jpg

The shaded areas represent linear trend lines by class and is about +/- .75% WR wide considering RNG, this amount of variation should probably be ignored. Note that the line is much steeper for DDs than for other classes - this is probably an indication that DDs are more skill dependant.

What can you say from this data? For example;

Gearing has a 51.98% WR whereas Akatsuki has a 47.29% WR. However there are only around 1300 Gearing players VS. 5500 Akatsuki players.  The graph suggests (it may not necessarily be the case), that if there were a similar number of Akatsuki players as Gearing players, WR would be very similar.  

I.E. Akatsuki's WR is lower, not because its much larger player base is on average, much less skilled. 

213 posts
4,335 battles

Some quick conclusions:

- The IJN DD line which every one here loves to rip on is quite balanced ( only problem ships are Shima -UP, and unsurprisingly Shiratsuyu -16!? ). There are however a very large number of less experienced players in this line. This is a problem considering the line requires more skill than others.

-The much vaunted RU DDs are really not that great. My personal feeling opinion is that are great individually but essentially sacrifice a DD  slot for a CL.

- The entire German BB line is OP - the high performance of the large player pools in Scharn, Gneisenau & Bismark is a real problem and indicate of a very 'easy' line. This line is so OP it screws up the BB trend line and makes Yamato look like an underperformer (its not).

- The entire German CA line is a dog. No amount of skill seems to be able to fix this.  There seems to be very little ranting about this line considering how bad it seems to be.

- The US CA line is pretty bad too but is getting a buff soon?

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Conclusions:

• Payfast loves bullying helpless Akatsukis.
  • German engineering best in the world. 
  • Atlanta is now one of the best T7 DD.
  • IJN still cannot into winning
  • Poi is can-
  • Asian players are lolicons.

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,955 battles

• German engineering best in the world.

>German engineering best in the world. 

I wouldn't say that on German Cruisers TBQH

1,105 posts

i know there is some way to measure a OP ship. if OP ship is assumed as high win rate with high player too, we can conlude with Farrel  technical efficiency diagram.....

[ cant insert image :( ]

MOST OPship :

- Z-23

- lberect mass

- Sims

- Belfast

- Shiratsuyu

- Atago

- Gnesinuai

pfftttt dont mind about the typo, too lazy.....

^dis is bullsheet so yeah... its just joke

Edited by Skarhabek

Sign in to follow this