Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MatterCore

Split CA-CL

16 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles

Its should be good for both nations, time to renew Pacific warfare

USN

T6: Oakland or 4x2 152mm Omaha design

CL-linesplit:

T7: Brooklyn

T8: Cleveland

T9: Juneau

T10: Worcester

CA-linesplit: (stays as it is right now)

T7: Pensacola

T8: New Orleans

T9: Baltimore

T10: Des Moines

IJN

T5: Yasoshima (3x2 140 mm)

T6: Agano (3x2 152mm)

T7: Tone (As originally planned with 155mm guns, 203 mm guns or both as upgrades)

T8: Mogami (same as Tone)

CA-linesplit:

T5: Furutaka

T6: Aoba

T7: Myoko

T8: Takao

T9: Ibuki

T10: Zao

Edited by MatterCore

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles

I don't get the fascination with splitting tech trees.   Look at IJN DD's....................

what s wrong with the second IJN DDs? bad or worse?

16388180_1270015139749167_24923966571253

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

what s wrong with the second IJN DDs? bad or worse?

Not sure there was a point to fixing something that wasnt broken.  Nations have their characteristics.  IJN were topredoboats.  RU and US were gun boats.  The split tress just blur the lines,

1,386 posts
8,237 battles

Oh god, Worcester, basically a Minotaur but porbably with HE

Nah, don't worry.

The Mk16 DP is basically putting a Cleveland's Mk16 into a new DP mounting with a bit higher RoF at 12rpm. (Brit's N5 Mark XXVI used on the Tiger class and the in-game Minotaur gets a freaking 20rpm)

And because it's basically the same gun, it will probably have the same high flying ballistics and slow shell speed a Cleveland has. So why worry?

420 posts
20 battles

The IJN DD split IMO is wrongly addressed to split Gun boat and Torpedo Boat.

I'd say, it is just a split, because there're more ships variation to the existing tier.

The only gunboat at the 2nd IJN DD line is Akizuki, and there's another pseudo gunboat Yuugumo added to the old tree.

Akatsuki is more a gunboat to Shiratsuyu.

My two sentences above are confusing, so just say there are more variation, that's all.

Idk what kind of tag you want to add to the new VMF DD.

The Surveillance radar upgrade 1 said it only be equipped to tier 9 - 10 DD and cruisers. I wonder, which DD would get radar :)

About the IJN CL idea, they could cram Ooyodo up to tier 10.

And still there's probability that Sendai class would fit into tier 5. Sendai is beefed up Kuma 7x1 14cm, 4x2 torp tubes.

RN CL tree is already clear, i wonder what kind of branching if they intend to add RN CA.

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles

The IJN DD split IMO is wrongly addressed to split Gun boat and Torpedo Boat.

I'd say, it is just a split, because there're more ships variation to the existing tier.

The only gunboat at the 2nd IJN DD line is Akizuki, and there's another pseudo gunboat Yuugumo added to the old tree.

Akatsuki is more a gunboat to Shiratsuyu.

My two sentences above are confusing, so just say there are more variation, that's all.

Idk what kind of tag you want to add to the new VMF DD.

the first ship of them is Mutsuki was removed 2 guns, the second is Hatsuharu was removed 1 gun --> totally wrong gun boat destroyers

48 posts

it seems like more US light cruisers are needed .and I'm expecting british heavy cruisers

and I think usn DDs don't need split lines because they're Hybrids and they are more comfortable to play than ijn

and I also think that More ships are coming JUST in the Horizon "More Nation Ship Splitting is expected"

Edited by ArmedRobber

Sign in to follow this