You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InterconKW

This Month in Review

21 comments in this topic

341 posts
3,994 battles

I started January by finishing Christmas Convoys,  which was great. I found a new BB to love, as well as a few friends who would willingly division during my playing hours. 

But let's just say the weekends have not been forgiving at all this month... I mean worse than ever before.

The only weekend days I turned a winrate higher than 40% were days I played ships I could carry in... Fuso, Bayern and stuff.

So here's my weekend experiences, in point form.

-Load into Random battle solo.

-Sometimes, I'm the only bottom tier ship of my class in a +2 battle.

-There seem to be more CVs now. No problem, except...

-If there's a Saipan and Hiryu, the Saipan is on the enemy team.

-If there's a Saipan and Ranger, the Saipan is on the enemy team. 

-If both CVs are Saipans, your team's Saipan loses.

-If there's only 1 DD in the battle... it's on the enemy team.

-The Krispy Kreme turned up twice this month. Both times on my team, both times it died, both times it was in the bottom half of the EXP leaderboard.

-When the battle starts.

-I suggest some strategy in chat, get ignored and reported.

- One of your team's DDs YOLOs off immediately and dies. So this month, I coin the term DDumb***.

- All the BBs turn around and get into sniping position. Well known phrase: BBabies. Most of them will be at full HP at the end of the round anyway...

- I move up to support the remaining allied DD.

-The cruisers all sit back anyway and spam HE at the biggest enemy target or do nothing at all in stealth. So I also coin the term CAoward.

-For some reason the enemy team has pushed up perfectly together as a team.

-I ask the long range campers to help and be useful, get ignored and reported.

-In an average round I kill a ship or two. Fair enough. 

-I dodge torpedoes. Torpedoes launched by allies most of the time. Said ally is usually in a premium or a Myoko. Sadly, this happens more often than I see enemy torpedoes now...

-If the enemy has the points lead, they go defensive and the team can't break through. 

-If my team has the points lead, half of them will suddenly YOLO and the rest will end up melting.

-If I have to fall back, I see the team melt around me.

-If I make a mistake, I see the team melt after I die.

-If I point out someone's mistake while spectating, he ignores my advice, reports me... and dies.

-If I'm still alive 15 minutes in, the team has already melted anyway.

-I lose my cool and rant at the bad plays, finally get noticed in chat, get whined too as the YOLO potato justifies his actions with some garbage and reports me.

-Once the team has melted, the full health BB 20km away finally hits something.

-Alternatively...

-The team outright stomps the enemy team in 10 minutes and only 3 players on the team get decent EXP.

*Slow Clap*

I might be ranting, but it's all facts. Losing track of how many ships I have with almost all stats average or above average on Warships Today (of course,  I'm not a great player but I can pull my own weight in ships I can't be excellent in.)

Edited by InterconKW

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

DDs death are sometimes unavoidable if he is encountering a sudden superior force coming his way and his team are too far or refuse to come out of cover and support him or if he meet a pre emptive torp run where it is too late to run out of it (enemy dd lucked it out)

About Saipan : that thing is broken with AS captain and it is a bot favorite ship as a bot can right click and win a CV fight with relative ease against a human player. New skill redesign so far has not stop the Saipan dominance on tier 7 and it will continue that way for sometimes.

Current server meta is passive , so buy some popcorns :popcorn:and eat it as you play to relieve stress or post your shiny medals for the plebs who refuse to listen to reason

Edited by legionary2099

341 posts
3,994 battles

I mean DDs that run far away from the team and sometimes not even to the objective while everyone is screaming "Fall Back". In 8 battles today I've seen it 3 times. The DD then dies and is bottom of the leaderboard...

The rest of my post in breif is that I'm getting much more coward teammates than before and they don't even read chat now.

Edited by InterconKW

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

I mean DDs that run far away from the team and sometimes not even to the objective while everyone is screaming "Fall Back". In 8 battles today I've seen it 3 times.

Either bot or bad player (common noobs) or someone with a heroic blood in their veins and try to fool hardy carry at its finest.

Pray do know that these are mostly IJN dd who avoid direct confrontation with just about anything

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,823 posts
4,091 battles

You  need to go to the thread about playing to win/playing for fun.   Sometimes no matter what you do your team will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.   I got deleted yesterday in my Bayern with 112k damage, a few kills, we had all three caps and we're now 4v3 and leading on points.  Seemed like the right time to get a beer from the fridge with only 2 minutes left.  Came back to see defeat on the end game screen so returned to the fridge and slammed my head in the door.  

Yes.... I screamed internally but you know what.   It's just not worth an ulcer 

1,479 posts

I wonder if the krazny krym you saw was me...?

I play mine quite a bit, but usually I am put in games 2 tiers by the match maker, so I do my best best by hunting DDs & cruisers, but often I get splattered, esp if it's a bb from a long way off :D

I do play agressively though, & boldly go...

Ive been finding the same as the OP, but I bet all the myokos around are the ARP ones, doing the southern dragon mission I did, because we have to play the Japanese line, & apart from them, I only have ishizuchi & mikasa, so it's hard to do it in them lol

Back to my Krazny Krym

Ordrazz

341 posts
3,994 battles

Before the last week, I was getting average teams. There were potatoes and bad plays but at least the MM felt balanced and maybe 1/2 to 2/3 the time I could get a team to follow a plan and we would win.

But in the last week, I've seen more and more bad plays, cowardice, team killing and one sided battles etc. , where any attempts to point out mistakes are just ignored and I get reported for it. I've been throwing myself into battle day after day except for two days where I took a break, trying to convince myself that it will go back to normal, and only being proven wrong. 

154 posts
3,355 battles

If you're tired of your team mates running away at the first sign of trouble, or uncooperative game play, just go back down and have a T2 or T3 game. Sure, some people could call that seal clubbing, but everyone goes charging in,  gets their hands dirty and everyone has fun.

Alternatively, if you lose more than 2 games in a row on a single ship- change ships. Preferably to a different type in a different tier. 

After trying these things, I very seldom ever get salty these days. 

307 posts
6,410 battles

Well this is my month,

1:/ If there is a AFK ina game, it is always on my team, and if its TWO AFK's they are still on my team.

2:/ When i use the "Room chat" to get people to do something ... A group of TORPs suddenly appear right in front of me with no chance to move out of the way in time and get sunk.

3:/ When the MM gives 3 DD's in one team and 2 DD's in the other, my team always gets the 2 DD's and I am one of them and then i reported for "Poor Play"

4:/ Every time i take a IJN DD there is always a CV in the other team and his fighter plane follows me all game and i get reported for "Poor Play"

5:/ When my team loses I am always in the TOP 3 and i have sunk 3 ships or more and get reported for "Poor Play"

6./ When my team wins, i am always the one protecting the base and die with 4 ships trying to take the base vs me all by myself and finish in the bottom 3 after holding them back long enough for us to win and get reported for "Poor Play"

7:/ If its a close game and we are marginally in front, one of our ships doing well becomes AFK at the vital moment and we lose the game with 2 seconds to spare.

1,105 posts

I started January by finishing Christmas Convoys,  which was great. I found a new BB to love, as well as a few friends who would willingly division during my playing hours. 

But let's just say the weekends have not been forgiving at all this month... I mean worse than ever before.

The only weekend days I turned a winrate higher than 40% were days I played ships I could carry in... Fuso, Bayern and stuff.

So here's my weekend experiences, in point form.

-Load into Random battle solo.

-There seem to be more CVs now. No problem, except...

-If there's a Saipan and Hiryu, the Saipan is on the enemy team.

-If there's a Saipan and Ranger, the Saipan is on the enemy team. 

-If both CVs are Saipans, your team's Saipan loses.

-If there's only 1 DD in the battle... it's on the enemy team.

why dont you play CV and feel the struggle :V

most people ignoring the power difference and get rekt by saipan -_- (since it carry tier 9 plane, it stronger and faster.... saipan with air supremacy is OP)

Hiryu have 72 planes.... and saipan only 48......  but saipan have always have 2~3 fighter! if Hiryu have AS loadout, its doomed.... 3 fighter squadron from hiryu cannt match the saipan fighter with AS commander skill. strafe?..... Saipan fighter is a lot faster....

the most saipan fighter weakness IS LOW AMMO...... LOW AMMO! and thanks to 50% buff ammo (from upgrade)....... and 10% from dogfighting expert....... you are DOOMED now!

the solution againts saipan is prevent the bomber from attacking your team.... 

if you know your team is going to be ..... YOOOOOLOO.... just focus on getting kill and survive... 

307 posts
6,410 battles

Well this is my month,

1:/ If there is a AFK ina game, it is always on my team, and if its TWO AFK's they are still on my team.

2:/ When i use the "Room chat" to get people to do something ... A group of TORPs suddenly appear right in front of me with no chance to move out of the way in time and get sunk.

3:/ When the MM gives 3 DD's in one team and 2 DD's in the other, my team always gets the 2 DD's and I am one of them and then i reported for "Poor Play"

4:/ Every time i take a IJN DD there is always a CV in the other team and his fighter plane follows me all game and i get reported for "Poor Play"

5:/ When my team loses I am always in the TOP 3 and i have sunk 3 ships or more and get reported for "Poor Play"

6./ When my team wins, i am always the one protecting the base and die with 4 ships trying to take the base vs me all by myself and finish in the bottom 3 after holding them back long enough for us to win and get reported for "Poor Play"

7:/ If its a close game and we are marginally in front, one of our ships doing well becomes AFK at the vital moment and we lose the game with 2 seconds to spare.

Oh i forgot to mention 

8:/ The times when i am doing everything right, have 3 kills and getting close to sinking another ship to win the game ....Detonation occurs to me with a long distance shot and we lose the game.

9:/ If I take a GUN USN or RU DD out, my team has 2 Yugumo's, 1 Shimakaze DD's and vs our opponents, Fletcher, Gearing, Udaloi and Khabarovsk and its ZONE Capping with Base stations.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

307 posts
6,410 battles

I'm I the only one who is okay with the teams I get???

Haha i think we all remember the bad games .... and this was while true some whinging with tongue-in-cheek.  As they say, if you do good work everyone forgets, but when you do bad work, everyone never forgets.
Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

This past month, I haven't played any battles.

Yep, none at all. I needed a break/ work commitments/ graf spee burnt out.. 

Will my ships sail again?  Only time will tell.

451 posts
6,946 battles

my mth

-battleships cap for dds

-cvs run air superiority and get less than 15 plane kills

-cvs run air superiority and strafe after enemy bombers finish strike

-double cross torp by friendly ships in additon to enemy gneis torps

-afk cruiser

-half team disconnections

-one hit wonder by torpedo

-friendly bayern firing HE at leander

-being called hacker for 20km ds

-pushed by friendly ship into torpedoes

-pushed out of smoke by friendly ship

-battle line is 10+km away from your destroyer and still asking you to solo cap

-full bounce at 3km to enemy ammo storage

-friendly sniping radar cruiser

1,105 posts

my mth

-battleships cap for dds

-half team disconnections

-being called hacker for 20km ds

this is serious badluck..... half team got DC? how that is possible?

btw, what is 20km DS?

its look like the CV population is increase by rage quit DD with the new skill 0.60

we must admit here, most costly CV skill is reworked and its become so cheap now. air supremacy at 4 point skill? and +5% and reduced servicing ONLY 1 skill point?

plus with the new passive meta, playing CV is more favorable.

the real problem is the newbie CV driver is too lazy or too lag for doing better.

451 posts
6,946 battles

this is serious badluck..... half team got DC? how that is possible?

btw, what is 20km DS?

its look like the CV population is increase by rage quit DD with the new skill 0.60

we must admit here, most costly CV skill is reworked and its become so cheap now. air supremacy at 4 point skill? and +5% and reduced servicing ONLY 1 skill point?

plus with the new passive meta, playing CV is more favorable.

the real problem is the newbie CV driver is too lazy or too lag for doing better.

yeah half team not moving the entire battle, 6 ships

ds is devastating strike.