You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EliteBrekkieRoll

Maps are too BIG!

16 comments in this topic

13 posts
2,761 battles

seriously maps are way too big imo there are not enough players in a match 15 only imo should increase it to like 24. it takes like 2-3 minutes sometime to get to where you want to go, i could read a book and nothing will still happen -_-. anyone feel the same :unsure:

[LNA]
1,697 posts
10,550 battles

Yes map is big because BB at later tier can fling shells from 20 km+ toward you. The map is big so that the team have time to spread out and dd can get their torp reloaded as they move toward initial contacts. In anycase the maps here are so big that switching flank is not a very appealing aspect but making map smaller and chances are some ships will not be able to hide at all ( Midway anyone ?).

Heck have you ever see a Kongo blueline sniping from 20km+ before ? it is rather common. If you meet one on a smaller map you might not be able to dodge the shots at all since you have no room to run

381 posts
9,984 battles

I asked Sub_Octavian once why there is too much open water and useless space around the extremities of high tier maps. Answer: intentionally designed like that so CV can move, and engine cannot support non-square map. I also set auto and go reading facebook for the first 2 mins if it is a non-CV game :D

295 posts
6,853 battles

my complains actually the opposite, the map is too small for some matches like two brothers in tier 10 match, my montana gun range alone cover 80% (maybe more) of the map and that is without range upgrades or spotter planes, and for yamato maybe the gun range covers about 90 - 95% ? i don't know because i don't have yamato 

Beta Tester
359 posts
7,432 battles
Good luck with that formula more team members means more torpedoes in the water. this would magnify the impact of team damage/ kills due to the sheer number of players on the map.

[HMASW]
1,559 posts

ROTFLMAO

This is going to be a funny thread..

Already it's brought a laugh to my face, with the thought of compact matches where no ships can hide or maneuver, or even more torpedoes !!  

Makes me think of a million little red triangles for some reason.     :D

Ordrazz

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

*laugh in tier 8-10*

atleast wer're lucky that the map isn't the same as the actual naval battle like the battle of leyte gulf stretching from northern philippines to surigao straight that will take hours going into another major island

13 posts
2,761 battles

soo no one feels the same. :(    i play low to mid tier i can never be bothered playing high tiers. i guess i can see what everyone is saying. in that case they could at least down scale and increase the scale depending on the tiers. how hard could that be? :amazed:. But everytime i look at the map there is an underwhelming of ships in the match usually i see there is enough for 2 flanks and then the 3rd flank usually noone or 1 brave soul sailing too just too see death.

Edited by EliteBrekkieRoll

[LBAS]
4,596 posts
26,047 battles

soo no one feels the same. :(    i play low to mid tier i can never be bothered playing high tiers. i guess i can see what everyone is saying. in that case they could at least down scale and increase the scale depending on the tiers. how hard could that be? :amazed:. But everytime i look at the map there is an underwhelming of ships in the match usually i see there is enough for 2 flanks and then the 3rd flank usually noone or 1 brave soul sailing too just too see death.

what is your ship?

[LBAS]
4,596 posts
26,047 battles

mainly play kirov and konigberg and nassu and perth

Kirov and Konigsberg is fine.

Perth best with concealment and smoke no need rush, before smoke please look around.

Nassau is the first ship in German BB, you should learn how to play it well.