You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
th3vikings

AFK ship

19 comments in this topic

360 posts
3,693 battles

i really hate them. if they don't want to play then don't come in.

i lost 3 rounds because of stupid AFKERS.

WG can't you do some penalty just like team killers? penalty for 3, 5, 10 rounds for half xp gain?

Edited by th3vikings

440 posts
3,379 battles

Hey now, don't be so aggressive. They probably have an urgent thing to do in life, i know i sometimes have things like that happen to me and pretty sure my team were pissed when I did that. Just chill and take a breather if you lose three times because of the same reason, go and do something with your family or pet, play something else or watch some tv or youtube videos. This is a game after all, no need to get so focused in it, some people are still connected with real life and who knows what happens. If you're mad at my post for seemingly against you remember that ships that didn't go and play at all won't get any money and experience, they just lost some credits and didn't get any exp at all.

Just like the old saying "you don't know what they're feeling until you're in their shoes"

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles

If a player is not ready to play or had a bad connection or a bad computer than cant load or had to leave and clicking "play", and they do it regularly  then I am on the OP's side. 

Bugger off to a single player game.

43 posts
6,031 battles

I know about OP's feeling, but sometime they have urgent, which they must do immediately.

In my case, I seldom do AFK, if something urgent happen such as:

- Urgent work phone (out of regular work time), with need attention immediately.

- My cat getting hit by car!! (3 of my cat dead by this even I already bought to hospital)

- My mom get accident (by any mean, fall + etc.)

But when I must to do AFK, I always tell every body in game: Sorry, urgent AFK.

The thing I want to tell is:

- Some people have real urgent, but they should tell their team. At-least the remaining player will known and not push (if you are near them).
     - For the people who AFK form start of the game without tell anything....... should have some penalty (They start game with not ready them-self).

2,221 posts
13,698 battles

Hey now, don't be so aggressive......

I hate eating brains, does that make me aggressive?

I think AFKers suck too. Problem is sometimes it's legit, eg ISP, powercut, etc.. can't penalize those players. But if someone does it often... off with their head :izmena:

440 posts
3,379 battles

I hate eating brains, does that make me aggressive?

I think AFKers suck too. Problem is sometimes it's legit, eg ISP, powercut, etc.. can't penalize those players. But if someone does it often... off with their head :izmena:

that's what I'm saying, even the electricity in my place sometimes like to derp up and go down for a few seconds and sometimes for god knows what reason the electricity would just go down for no reason at all (but nowadays there haven't been another power down, yet), I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one having these. My point is that when someone went afk but not frequently I would say take it easy on him and if it's frequent (the same person) heck I know that I would stop playing this game before becoming a frequent AFKer

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

You should be on the look out for bot playing PvP than afkers trying to ruin your game , bots in a Saipan farming credits or in a pre ship doing so are numerous. Bots break the game more than AFK because your team do not know that it is a bot and as a bot will do something stupid that really mess up the whole team.

No one will realize there are bots in their team unless they are losing , but bots are a problem especially tier 8 downwards where using bots to farm credits and ship exp are common about 1/ 10 matches

1,487 posts

I know when it happens to me, it's because of the game not compressing the textures,  I play in an internet cafe, where we run 50% texture compression, that loads the maps in time so I can play, but some maps sometimes it still makes me wait 5 mins before I'm on the game, by that time I'm usually dead...

& I'm in Australia, so it's not a shifty connection..

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I know when it happens to me, it's because of the game not compressing the textures,  I play in an internet cafe, where we run 50% he tire compression, that loads the maps in time so I can play, but some maps sometimes it still makes me wait 5 mins before I'm on the game, by that time I'm usually dead...

& I'm in Australia, so it could be a shifty connection..

Ordrazz

fixed :P

Super Tester
1,310 posts

AFK? they are penalized already IIRC

1. if the guys is not moving at all = 0 exp

2. if the guy rage quit (exit to port/DC and not coming back) before their ship is sunked (still floating) = 0 exp

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

I push them towards the enemy... wait, towards the cap points.

Made easier if they start in front of me - I've given a Nurnburg a push almost to B Cap with my Dunkerque, at about 15 knots. That was... pleasing.

Tee

307 posts
6,412 battles

Well sometimes I am playing and my partner needs to be picked up at the Station cause it is raining .... Of course i didnt know its raining and the message always comes when she is waiting at the station.  Do i keep playing???? Well if i want to live NO ;)

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

They still get penalised for passive play since they did not move, but were moved by someone else.

If you go AFK regularly, your account will get suspended, this is automatic.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles

Well sometimes I am playing and my partner needs to be picked up at the Station cause it is raining .... Of course i didnt know its raining and the message always comes when she is waiting at the station.  Do i keep playing???? Well if i want to live NO ;)

She needs to learn patience,  or you need learn to look out the window to see if its raining.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

she doesn't need to know how long it takes you to "find your wallet and keys" to go and pick her up - finish the game then go, it's only 20 minutes at the most if you have just entered a battle

307 posts
6,412 battles

She needs to learn patience,  or you need learn to look out the window to see if its raining.

Look out the window while i am playing??? How irresponsible would i be to my fellow team mates?   It's hard enough to look at the mini map while playing let alone look out the window ...pff..
Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,030 battles

I don't want to do ugly with those AFK but I won't be patience with that, honestly it's too much they caused the team lost

When I take long loading they report me as a bot and when I loaded and they AFK , I provoke back that's make no difference