You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BottleneckedGaming

Concerns about ranked battles

36 comments in this topic

189 posts
4,857 battles

"Lets begin with this. What were you thinking WarGaming? You do know that with the new skills and things this could make this huge area of T7's ruin a ranked season. prior to 0.6.0 you made it so everyone could obtain a Myoko class cruiser with 10 point captain. said 10 point captain remains 10 points in 0.6.0. free concealment expert cruiser. for new comers who just started and were lucky enough to reach T5 in for all we know, a battleship, decides hey ranked!! these prizes are cool. and over and over is the downfall of a game. which bring me to this. you sell Saipan which in good hands is OMG. and in not so good hands a Hiryu could probably spin circles around... ah yes.... BELFAST. as an owner of said ship this one crosses the border of OP. I have over a 10 point captain. 8.9km detection 8.5km radar range BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!! I've got smoke and hydro as well!? I think it should be thought about the items in the game at tier 7 if you wish to proceed. Lets also not forget about Poi. Shiratsuyu.. 16 torpedo's... you've given free things away in missions that could really hurt the good players in their ranked season. sure if you grind long and hard enough you could probably make rank 1... but... I understand its still PTS... but I hope for the sanity of those in the community we stay with the T6 and T8. it worked well last season from my thoughts. what are everyone else's thoughts?"

Credits by _ARMORED_TWINKIE_ from NA server

​Direct link: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F114233-lets-talk-a-minute-about-a-tier-7-ranked-season-shall-we%2F

Edited by BottleneckedGaming

5 posts

Interesting how the poll he made over there has more people voting that they're fine with t7 ranked compared to t8.

Im honestly a little surprised with th response.. I enjoyed the Tier 6/8 ranked season but Im really wary of T7... too many good ships that can easily get a really good captain thrown in them... not to mention with Elite captain XP etc....

1,386 posts
8,250 battles

Drive the OP ship, case solved.

There are more important problems, like the MM/RNG may screw you up in a critical match, or someone may sneak a stupid ship into your team.

You know the amount of salt a player can generate is limited, I'll concentrate mine to ranting about MM/RNG.

5 posts

Drive the OP ship, case solved.

There are more important problems, like the MM/RNG may screw you up in a critical match, or someone may sneak a stupid ship into your team.

You know the amount of salt a player can generate is limited, I'll concentrate mine to ranting about MM/RNG.

sure... you can do that but what about everyone else? scharnhorst is my ship of choice and for those who are good in a ship sure you'll do okay im sure but people in ranked are probably going to be using the ship theyre best in. and if not. the team with the most potatoes will most likely win.

1,162 posts

Interesting how the poll he made over there has more people voting that they're fine with t7 ranked compared to t8.

Because the people who vote 'Yes, I am fine' are the people who got "Those T7 ships" ofc they will vote 'Yes' because they want as much power they could get rather than T8. Which in T8 you need a real skill instead "Meh, *pop smoke* *pop radar* *pop hydro*"

Even myself would vote 'Yes' if I got those ships.

Humans are easy to read you know, sir.:coin:

Edit: And if people more vote on "T7 is fine or good", WG wont hesitant to make the next RB also a T7 which will give those players easier time. Plus WG depends on those sales figure to keep the server running and make more money.

Edited by RisaFujiyama

5 posts

Because the people who vote 'Yes, I am fine' are the people who got "Those T7 ships" ofc they will vote 'Yes' because they want as much power they could get rather than T8. Which in T8 you need a real skill instead "Meh, *pop smoke* *pop radar* *pop hydro*"

Even myself would vote 'Yes' if I got those ships.

Humans are easy to read you know, sir.:coin:

Edit: And if people more vote on "T7 is fine or good", WG wont hesitant to make the next RB also a T7 which will give those players easier time. Plus WG depends on those sales figure to keep the server running and make more money.

if you look at my signature I own most of the ships in question. which is why I even bother to put the post. most of them I have 15+ point captains. with that said I feel T7 wouldnt be very fair ranked season. its going to be very one sided to the side who spent the most and practiced using said ships.

1,162 posts

if you look at my signature I own most of the ships in question. which is why I even bother to put the post. most of them I have 15+ point captains. with that said I feel T7 wouldnt be very fair ranked season. its going to be very one sided to the side who spent the most and practiced using said ships.

Because only you are the one who cared. Meanwhile others, you dont know what they think. 

Humans are subjective. Their logic is even more subjective.

Edited by RisaFujiyama

5 posts

Because only you are the one who cared. Meanwhile others, you dont know what they think. 

Humans are subjective. Their logic is even more subjective.

its why I lookd to the forums, I wanted to know others thoughts see if im missing a bigger picture. am I being proven wrong? Ive got the mild idea that those saying bring on T7 ranked are owners of such premiums. could I be wrong? of course, we coud all be wrong.

1,162 posts

its why I lookd to the forums, I wanted to know others thoughts see if im missing a bigger picture. am I being proven wrong? Ive got the mild idea that those saying bring on T7 ranked are owners of such premiums. could I be wrong? of course, we coud all be wrong.

If you asked me, TBH we are neither wrong or correct.

Its in their mind, we (humans) always choose the most advantageous options we got, thus in this case "T7 prem ships and overpowered-ness and thoughtfulness", we always got in conflict and argue about our self-rational.

Ohh... btw, those prem ships in my sig are either from mission reward or I won from community giveaway or gifted from friends. Just to let you know. Dont worry though, I wont bring the Atlanta since I am not a good player anyway.

Edited by RisaFujiyama

5 posts

Japan: Minekaze, Mutsuki, Fubuki, Hatsuharu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kagero, Akizuki,Yūgumo SHIMAKAZE, Furutaka, Aoba, Myoko, Mogami, Ibuki, ZAO, Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi, Izumo, YAMATO, Zuiho, Ryujo, Hiryu, Shokaku, Taiho, HAKURYU

America: Nicholas, Farragut, Mahan, Benson, Fletcher, GEARING

KMS: T-22, Konig, Bayern, Gneisenau, Bismarck, F. Der Grosse, Großer Kurfürst

RU: 
HMS: 
Premiums: Diana, Emden, Tachibana, Mikasa, Smith, Aurora, Campbeltown, Konig Albert, Ishizuchi, Yubari, Marblehead, Texas, Murmansk, Krasny Krym, Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Fujin, Dunkerque, Arizona, Warspite, Molotov, Saipan, Scharnhorst, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Blyskawica, Leningrad, Sims, Tirpitz, Prinz Eugen, Atago, Mikhail Kutuzov, Lo Yang, Belfast, Perth, Anshan, MISSOURI, Shinonome, Imperator Nikolai I, Gremyashy, Admiral Graf Spee

ARP: ARP Kongo, ARP Kirishima, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao

these are my ships lol... and dont worry im from NA server ;) but of all those ships. ALL of them have 15+ captains except for my Belfast but I could easily use my 200 dragon flags to get it there.

Red text, Post edited, User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Disputing Moderation, Post edited, User warned.
~ADM_dude

Do not remove moderation from posts

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
913 posts

New ranked on tier 7 will be diverse.

Ships that are viable:

- Sims, Blys, Flint, Belfast, Scarnhorst, Fiji, Nagato, Colorado, Gniesenau, Myoko, Shiratsuyu.

I wouldnt worry about it, 10 point captains will be competitive.

The meta changes every season of ranked. Some other ships to watch out for:

Leningrad, masse.

Edited by SlamUez

520 posts
11,127 battles

This ranked battle will not focus on the ships...... Given that most Tier 7s are readily available to the Novice and pro player alike... but now, winning will depend heavily on each teams ability to work out a strategy as a group with one objective.  the first team that fails to unite will loose.

189 posts
4,857 battles

This ranked battle will not focus on the ships...... Given that most Tier 7s are readily available to the Novice and pro player alike... but now, winning will depend heavily on each teams ability to work out a strategy as a group with one objective.  the first team that fails to unite will loose.

​the exact opposite happens on this server with most players speaking box box and not bother trying to speak English -_-

Beta Tester
913 posts

This is what was observed last season. 

Each match was cuy throat as you went up the ranks. There wasnt much room for error and each ship has to pull their weight.

You might as well start preparing your ships and captains now. 

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

[][][][][][][]

well I know where this goes so i'll sit back and enjoy...

Back to the topic...

lets compare how T8 is vs T7 in premium ships depot.

CVs in T7 :- Ranger and Hiryu as non-premium CVs.. But it has OP premium CV with T9 planes, Saipan in the same tier(Good option for P2W players)...

CVs in T8 :- Lexington and Shokaku... We all know how this worked out in the last season Lex being bad choice for lot of players and having produced most of the salt from that...Shokaku was the only choice...(no Premium CVs)(Not an option for P2W players)

BBs in T7 :- Gneisenau, Nagato and Colorado as non-premium BBs... Scharnhorst being only BB as a premium and has a good advantage over Gneisenau in firepower(number of guns and reload times)(good choice for P2W)

BBs in T8 :-Bismarck, Amagi and North Carolina as non-premium BBs...Tirpitz being only premium BB but her Non Premium BBs can over power it with skill so obviously T7 is better option...

Now this is where things get interesting...

CAs in T7 :- Pensacola, Myoko, Fiji, Yorck and Shchors as non premium CAs... Belfast, Atlanta and Indianapolis (leaving out flint because it was never sold and Unicums wont be using it because it might ruin their stats) all three have radar which gives P2W players massive advantage over non premium players... and We all know what kind of ships Atlanta and Belfast are... Indianapolis being not a choice for lack of torpedoes (But has excellent fire power obviously cannot shoot over islands and doesn't have smoke)...

CAs in T8 :- New Orleans, Mogami, Edinburgh, Hipper and Chapayev as non premium CAs... Mikhal Kutuzov, Prinz Eugan and Atago being premium... Here in T8 pretty much every CA can fight and can come on top against their premium counterparts.. No advantage.. and I'm saying this because this tier gives Non-premiums radar to counter Mikhal's smoke abilities...So no way a P2W player can come out on top...

DDs in T7 :- Mahan, Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki, Maass and Kiev as non premium... Blyskawica, Leningrad, Sims are as premiums... now these 3 ships are all OP(Lenin has a bit of detonation problem) But all 3 of them are extremely good over their non premium competitors...(P2W Tier again)

DDs in T8 :- Benson, Kagero, Akizuki, Z-23 and Taskhent as non premium... Lo Yang being only DD... now Benson, Z-23, Akizuki and Tashkent can over power Lo Yang anyday... Lo Yang is almost same as benson so there is no probability that it can be easy win....

Conclusion is T7 is a P2W tier and WG wants to make more cash from it pure and simple... I'm not complaining or anything just saying why T7 rather than T8....

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

To be honest. I did not support this idea at all. But! Great changes come with great sacrifice. And im willing to give WG a chance on this idea! 

Bought the sims and then heard tier 7 as ranked and i should be good. But if i dont have sims. I still gonna bring Myoko out. :D

451 posts
6,946 battles

I'm not sure about Leningrad performing well at all. On paper it looks overpowered but it really cannot duel at all, even worse than the Kiev. I'll update yall by spamming a few games when ranked starts.

Beta Tester
913 posts

ok...just read the info about ranked battles and it's Epicentre mode only...so how can the DDs work with this mode?

Wheres the info on the rules, maps tier etc?

Please link thanks.