You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

WoWS Fatigue + feeling strange

29 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,617 battles

Hi guys, 

Coming off a 3-month period in which I played on average up to 15 games per weekday (and 25 per weekend day), I've moved from an average ship tier of 5 to an average ship tier of 7 and 8 now. Bearing in mind I'm grinding every single ship line of every nation, not just a few select ones (otherwise I'd have my Grosser Kurfurst by now), as well as premium ships. 

In the past two weeks, I've been feeling really tired of the game. I've been getting no more than 10 games in over the past few days, and having a '50%' next to a ship name on the carousel doesn't motivate me to play the ship anymore. i also found that my level of play dropped (ignore my 150k damage Arizona game two nights ago), since I concentrate less on the game now, and sometimes I cant help but have a youtube video happening on my other screen. I find myself not bothering to check the stats of enemy ships before the game to look for stock hulls and stuff, preferring to read news and things while the game loads. 

After the Graf Spee event, I found myself not really giving a crap about events. The current events are passive so it doesn't really matter. I haven't played a single game on public test 0.6.0.1. 

Moreover, the style of my play has changed - I'm now really fond of my Fiji, while I hated British cruisers before. I was a complete noob at CVs, but I'm doing reasonably well in the Ranger and Zuiho these days. I used to love battleships, but I've only had about 2-3 games in the Bismarck and NC over the last week. 

Anyone been through this before? How do you push through it?

Also, does anyone else grind through every ship line on offer simultaneously? Or is it a bad idea? I'm learning heaps of different play styles, but it takes ages to move up tiers. I stalk player statistics every now and then and notice a lot of players play only cruisers, or only Japanese ships, etc. 

I sunk a bit of cash (AUD $200) over the past year into this game, I don't want it to be a waste haha. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I get bored of repetition very quickly, to the point where I enjoy changing around my daily routine

and which also explains why I don't react too badly to changes between day/night shifts, or last minute 

schedule changes.

Even in my prime time in WoT I still played other games.

Arena shooters like WoT or WoWS have a good amount of different vehicles to use in several ways.

However I'm the kind of player that plays almost everything, from rpg to fps to rts to simple match 3s.

Now I'm very extreme in this regard, but I highly recommend anyone to also play more than one game.

From my experience even the most block headed person is negatively effected by repetition.

Also, does anyone else grind through every ship line on offer simultaneously? 

Yes, see above for why.

However I also very much dislike the change in gameplay at high tiers, much prefering the low/mid tier gameplay

which is much faster paced and intense.

It's something I recognised very early during alpha testing, there's no such discrepancy in WoT,

but in WoWS there are basically 2 shifts, a minor one from low to mid tier and then a a huge shift from mid to high tiers.

I.e. I have no real reason to play any one techtree line further than tier VI or in some occasions VII.

683 posts
7,367 battles

Well, I sort of envy OP for having the time to play everyday > 10 matches a day :)

Well, for me personally I grind specific ship and nation only as I don't have time to do all of them. Besides, I prefer to train myself on a class of ship so that I can perform much above average :P yeah, that's my way of enjoying WOWs.

But yeah, now I have the feeling in between matches. I used to jump from a match to another almost instantly, now I take breaks in between, sometimes even resistant to start one after ending a match... Though I'm still kind of addicted to WOWs, and still wandering around in forum when I don't have assess to my ships :P

Maybe OP wanna get away for some time before coming back to the game? Or maybe focus on a certain ship line you enjoyed most?

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Went through the same thing as you OP in wows as I did in Wot. I tend to play less now as I find myself achieving the stats that I want when I play fewer games I.E 10 games or less. I've taken a few breaks from wows before,  and I'm likely to take it again. I'm not rushing up any line anytime soon and am always looking for the next OP ship to get my hands on, not necessarily tier 10s.

683 posts
7,367 battles

I'm not rushing up any line anytime soon and am always looking for the next OP ship to get my hands on, not necessarily tier 10s.

Yup, me too, no specific ships wanted to grind yet so far... Taking my time enjoying those ships that I like most, play less matches, accumulate some free XP, while waiting for any more interesting ship/event/meta changes :)

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Heck... I've played a lot of games lately to get to my 750k free xp criteria for Missouri. Now I'm at 800k free xp and still haven't gotten the Missouri. Haha. 

Edited by TE_Spawnster_

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles

I haven't played near the amount of games you and others have played but I do find myself shifting back to cruisers - for something different. I had played BB's almost exclusively for around 12 months and prior to that, from CBT, primarily cruisers.

I think the "feeling a change" and playing cruisers is likely a symptom of "fatigue". When I received the AGS and Budyonny, the difference in game style was incredibly refreshing.

Tee

1,126 posts

feel saturated huh... yeah... me too,

it's not level of quitting yet but at least, I'm not feel eager or motivate to play like it was before.

it's happen to almost everyone and every game

I guess that's why game developer struggle daily try to make their game look flesh and dynamic, keep add new thing and improve old one.

especially online game.

Edited by PGM991

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles

And this game is still in Open Beta....

Tee

<wait.. it is... right..?>

Edited by admiral_tee

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

And this game is still in Open Beta....

Tee

<wait.. it is... right..?>

Nope it was officially launched/released back in September '15

Ref: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/release-date-announcement/

*there's a officially released post as well but i couldn't find it

Edit: Found the official launch/release post :) https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/launch-announcement/

Edited by ADM_dude

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

well,I often take break from WoW

usually I just rotate my game time playing  other games beside WoW to avoid burnout

even on those 200% first win event last month, I dont bother playing when Im not feeling it

If you becoming too obsesed with stats, progress, grind, daily login reward etc, then you will feel burnout faster

where everything become dull, monotonous and whatever you do feel like chores

you need to take a break.

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

Nope it was officially launched/released back in September '15

Ref: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/release-date-announcement/

*there's a officially released post as well but i couldn't find it

Edit: Found the official launch/release post :) https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/launch-announcement/

Seeing as its still hasn't gotten to Version 1.0 yet,I'd say its still Beta! :P

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

I've got about 11k games in WOT and sunk a small fortune into it then gave up cold turkey 18 months ago and never gone back.

When I got an invite to the alpha for this game I vowed not to do it again.    I might play to my first container maybe 3-4 times a week and that's it.  I gave it a little harder nudge over Christmas because I wanted the Graf.   I don't grind ships.  I don't care for anything over T6-7 unless it was a free ship. 

I tend to spend more of my time testing in ST/PT than the live server because I feel its doing something for the game. 

Play because you enjoy a game rather than play in a continuous monotonous grind to a T10 ship.  Its just not worth it.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Play because you enjoy a game rather than play in a continuous monotonous grind to a T10 ship.  Its just not worth it.

This. So much. The moment you feel like you *have* to play a game, it's time to take a step back and re-evaluate.

99 posts
1,653 battles

I played way too much before and during the graf event so I'm taking a break until the next anime themed event, it just feels like burning precious time after a while.

295 posts
6,613 battles

yes, i sort of stoped playing for about 2 months when the first ARP colaboration started, free kongo and free myoko somehow not that appealing to me, i'm not even playing for a single game in that 2 months, because i get bored, but somehow after that i don't know why but i started playing again grinding daily to get Iowa, but not that much, about 6 - 7 games everyday, i think it is okay and understanable to get tired of  some games or bored, maybe you just need some rest like i was

1,162 posts

Well, if I feels tired or ' sick of it'. I take a break from it for few days. Maybe do other things like reading or go to next town to just sight-seeing.

As for grinding, I really like aggression tactics so most of time I not bored playing this game. I dont care about stats anyway.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Seeing as its still hasn't gotten to Version 1.0 yet,I'd say its still Beta! :P

That was my thoughts.

If it's been "released" as complete, then the software version should be 1.X...

Tee

I would agree with you as well...so then that would make WoT still in open beta as well :hmm:

Anyway back to the topic at hand.

This. So much. The moment you feel like you *have* to play a game, it's time to take a step back and re-evaluate.

^what they said. I couldn't agree more.

683 posts
7,367 battles

Ikr.... Gg Now.... No wonder I'm suddenly tempted to get a gaming laptop. Gg. 

Some time ago I also longed for gaming laptop as I spend significant amount of days in a week in 2 separate location. However when thought of need to set up a stable internet line in my second location... I gave up.. :(