You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KillStealz

Russian DDs - Sub Branch Question

6 comments in this topic

[SGC]
93 posts
6,371 battles

Didn't experience how the IJN sub-branch was implemented.. so have a quick question about the new Russian DD sub-branch and how existing ships are treated.

So if you have a tier 6 Ognevoi currently in port, will you then receive the new tier 8 Ognevoi after the sub-branch is implemented, or will it be replaced with the new tier 6 Gnevny?

Similarly with the tier 9 Udaloi, given it is staying the same tier will you receive the new sub-branch tier 9 Udaloi or will this be replaced in your port by the new tier 9 Kiev?

Thanks in advance :)

New Russian DD Tree:

a32ca36a-dbf4-11e6-b9ec-38eaa7374f3c_120

Edited by KillStealz

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

IME it has been worth it to have the ship already in port. I can't say what will happen, but so far I have profited over those without the ships. I would not waste free xp or anything if that's what it took to get them, but if you can grind and buy with earned credits then I say do it. I got mine when they were discounted for even greater advantage :)

Edited by keskparane

1,162 posts

Since the update is about upping the current ship to a higher place. I dont think we will keep the old ship and get tier upped, WG might replace it with equal amount of credit/doubloon/exp as previous ship. Still, just wait for official announcement. 

Sub-line will have ability to stealth torp though, while main branch retained its cruiser-like gameplay.

[SGC]
93 posts
6,371 battles

Since the update is about upping the current ship to a higher place. I dont think we will keep the old ship and get tier upped, WG might replace it with equal amount of credit/doubloon/exp as previous ship. Still, just wait for official announcement. 

Sub-line will have ability to stealth torp though, while main branch retained its cruiser-like gameplay.

Agree, I'd be surprised if you got a tier 6 upgraded to a tier 8 for free... but you never know.

From the leaked stats the new Grozovoi Tier 10 looks quite decent, only 3x2 but 950 m/s velocity yes pls! (if it remains unchanged).

783 posts
4,821 battles

If the IJN DD split is anything to go by, then having an Ognevoi will net you both the T6 RU DD post-patch, and the Ognevoi at the higher tier.

But with that reference, the IJN DD split was more downtiering, while this time we have most of existing DDs getting uptiered so they might change up the compensation methods.

So yeah, gonna wait for the official announcements.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,774 battles

They haven't made a clear announcement over what exactly they will do, but they did say you would not lose the ships you have.  This means that the most likely outcome will be if you have up to a Kiev in the line and have purchased the Gnevny, Ognevoi and Kiev, you will end up with the Podvoisky and Minsk as well as the T6 Gnevny, T8 Ognevoi and T9 Kiev.

I would suggest that if you like Russian DD's that unlocking up to the Kiev would be advisable.