You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

It's time to remove the Karma system

35 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

It's about damn time that we remove the shitty Karma system from the game. I've been reported so many times for carrying my team or doing things that my team don't approve of. Right now all the Karma system do is let players express their negativity in the game and get people banned despite those people not violating any games rule. In other words, the system is getting abused and it's getting abused too often. It maybe a number next to a name but if War Gaming wants to have an effective reporting system, Karma isn't going to cut it. Other games that have systems similar like this (TF2 and CS:GO) get so many reports that Valve just doesn't even look at the suspect, they only use it for data collection. In this game, if you get reported too many times, you get banned, regardless if you did the right thing or not.

So what's my recommendation ? War Gaming should create a report system focused around the replay function. By doing this, the developers or moderator get a carbon copy of the chat or gameplay and they will have the option to give out ban or not. Also, if someone is also abusing this system and wasting everyone's time, that person should get banned as well.

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,313 battles

Karma does absolutely nothing. I see no reason to worry or even bother about it. If u r getting reported, u r either doing well or did something terribly wrong for ppl to be annoyed at u. 

While I agree karma system needs to be reworked into something more beneficiary.

Edited by AkaNoPoi

[-TOF-]
Beta Tester
39 posts
2,619 battles

Point agreed on what AkaNoPoi insisted, maybe it should have a review but if it was to be a replay function since WoWs Replays tend to fail after a new update causing the replays to not play at all, it could be quite differcult if you have a replay to prove your innocence or argument, if the replay wont play due to a sudden new update or the replay is pretty old.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

The Karma system is just a way for players to vent.

If you put any effort in your karma points, the only person who will be disappointed will be you.

Move on or dare I say it,

Live with it.

[AUSNZ]
33 posts
10,026 battles

Pointless feature.  Get a kraken and get reported because someone is butt hurt....  Get rid of it

2,222 posts
13,727 battles

Some people might report someone getting a kraken or similar not because they did well, but because of what they said to everyone after they got it :hiding: 

[AUSNZ]
33 posts
10,026 battles

Some people might report someone getting a kraken or similar not because they did well, but because of what they said to everyone after they got it :hiding: 

Nothing said in chat at all.  Happens all the time, not to mention players don't show reward to players that do well either half the time.  If it serves no other purpose than to let players vent, then it is of no relevance here.
Edited by Sharri

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Also, if someone is also abusing this system and wasting everyone's time, that person should get banned as well.

Let's hope they ban people for abusing the forum and wasting the forum's time.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

tbh i never notice these report or compliment thing. most of time i just play as i wish. sometimes i even trash talk or scold my allies e.g sending torpedo when someone is brawling but i never got reported.

i wonder why you always got reported... :hmm:

341 posts
4,020 battles

On the weekends I get reported pretty much hourly, most  likely by some player being a BBaby/CAoward/DDumb*** who dislikes me telling them if I see them make a mistake. Said player will then remove himself from the battle and/or die, and I'll get reported. 

Breif rant: This weekend's teams are increditerribad, cringeworthily so, and I'm getting saltier. Rage quit.

[LBAS]
4,495 posts
25,673 battles

report and compliment we should do,

I got 1 day ban chat caused by some coward BB run away from trouble leave team mates no support, never mind.

I dont care any more about those numbers, totally useless

1,494 posts

I've been reported when I've actually said nothing at all to anyone, even if I've got 1 or 2 kills in the game, so go figure...

:(

Ordrazz

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

what's the point if removing it, it's usless practically anyways, and if you get reported, you can go back to the match and check if you screwed up to get someone to report you, if not then just brush the report as butthurt if you did then tou know not to do it again next time

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

you get reported for saying something in chat, even if it is not directed at any player or any team for that matter.

I get reported for being in a battle. Then I go on a 4-5 game losing streak EVERY DAMN TIME.

it needs to be either fixed or removed as it is being abused by butt hurt players with small minds.

There is no damn point to it what so ever.

Any player who says it does nothing, You are so wrong and need you're  eyes checked and no if you are in a division then it wont affect you, as your division can then carry you or win the battles for you.

Try playing solo, get reported and then wait for the 4-5 game losing streak.

REMOVE THIS WORTHLESS PART OF THE GAME, AS IT JUST SPOILS THE GAME AND IS SO OPEN TO ABUSE ITS NOT FUNNY.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Didn't WG rework the forum's up voting comments for reputation out of fear some people were precious about being seen unpopular or having a negative reputation on the forums. If that's true why would they think that the in game karma system is any different? Seriously WG there's no difference between the two, if you removed one because you were concerned about the self esteem issues of some forumites then what's the difference with the in game version? Answer is there is no difference this thread proves it.

326 posts
10,540 battles

Take report as compliment, problem solved:-P

^This.

As long those karma stat doesn't effect your game (like "pink" nametag), it's just totally rubbish.

Just take those report as compliment and move ahead to another game.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,814 battles

you get reported for saying something in chat, even if it is not directed at any player or any team for that matter.

I get reported for being in a battle. Then I go on a 4-5 game losing streak EVERY DAMN TIME.

it needs to be either fixed or removed as it is being abused by butt hurt players with small minds.

There is no damn point to it what so ever.

Any player who says it does nothing, You are so wrong and need you're  eyes checked and no if you are in a division then it wont affect you, as your division can then carry you or win the battles for you.

Try playing solo, get reported and then wait for the 4-5 game losing streak.

REMOVE THIS WORTHLESS PART OF THE GAME, AS IT JUST SPOILS THE GAME AND IS SO OPEN TO ABUSE ITS NOT FUNNY.

Reported.