You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gorbon_Rubsay

I need a rant. CAs and BBs support your destroys, stop spouting rubbish and, Oh, and learn to work together.

25 comments in this topic

213 posts
4,335 battles

"DD players, take 100% of the risk while I camp at the back, don't attack the enemy (because that would be fun, rewarding), come smoke me so I don't get hit - and make sure your you hang in front of my smoke that you laid for me to block any incoming torpedoes". 

-Every other dead CA/BB player on chat and in this forum

Some tips for CA & BB players before you mouth off:

1. DDs are the 2nd most important ships in the game after CVs. If there are no CVs, they are the most important.  If we die early, the team will probably loose. If you die early ~ no one gives a crap. 

2. Capping without support is suicidal and stupid especially in a IJN DD. IJN DDs can be very powerful ~ if you support them. We can light enemy DDs without getting spotted ~ but you have to do the shooting.  More often than not.... no one takes a shot- I ask why in chat and I get: "DD is small and fast and hard to hit" as they continue to spam HE into a Yamato. Motivation for spotting is low.

3. Capping an uncontested CAP at the beginning of the game is USELESS if CAs/BBs don't move up to defend it. Yes - we are checking - If you are all headed into the corner as usual, taking that uncontested cap is a complete waste of time and furthermore tells the enemy where I am are.

4.  If we smoke you - use the smoke for god sake!! But don't hang about in it stationary broadside - you will get torped. Motivation for smoking allies is low as many players either sail straight out, or get themselves killed in.

5. If we smoke you -say thank you ~ it is more of a pain in the ass than you think and quite often we are risking ourselves to do it. If we don't smoke you - we don't have smoke ready or, we just don't think you're worth it ~ cussing us out in chat isn't going to help you in any way.

So; CAs BBs. If you see us heading for a cap - follow and support from short - medium range you need to be able to hit the enemey DDs when they are spotted.  When enemy DDs are spotted - STOP trying to farm damage off some BB and shoot at them. If you see us heading for an uncontested cap  - be ready to defend that cap. If you see we are coming to smoke you, reduce speed and adjust heading to help us. Finally, if you see a DD retreating or doing something you don't understand, don't shout in chat - provide cover or/and fall back yourself. Either that DD has much better situational awareness than you (DDs have to watch the minimap much more closely than you and may also have RL) or they are a noob ~ either way shouting is not going to help.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I need a rant.

bKI9ue0.png

If we smoke you -say thank you ~

Jokes aside, as with all rants, preaching to the wrong people, but I guess we all vent our frustrations in different ways.

213 posts
4,335 battles

Jokes aside, as with all rants, preaching to the wrong people, but I guess we all vent our frustrations in different ways.

This was meant to be a joke riffing on the other 'This is a rant' thread... and then I got genuinely wound up while writhing it, and then it became a real rant - the kind where you make spelling errors in the title.

1,480 posts

Wellll.....

You got the first point wrong to start with..

DDs are not the 2nd most important ship in the game, & the most important when there no cv, the correct point is that DDs are the most ANNOYING ship in the game, cv or no cv.

That is why they get focussed on at the start, they are dangerous bugs to be swatted, & it is therole of the cruiser to perform that task, leaving the bb to concentrate on other BBs & cruisers ...

Instead of doing the proper role that DDs are supposed to do, which is to protect the BBs, harass the cuisers, spot enemy ships & do sudden surprise strikes & torpedo runs, they are not & never were intended to be the top ship, the flagship or the best ship, they are support craft, nothing more. They are a cheap warship with limited tactical range, not meant to lead the fleet, but support it.

Instead we have Rambo captains, looking for the biggest kill & the most they can get, they commonly say bugger the cap, too hard etc, they all go into hunt mode, then they die because the cruiser gets them, which is their role, or they fall prey to a bb... 

Then they whinge about no support, bla bla bla, & how they die so quick, & then rant about nerfing...

If they did the intended role they were designed for, they may find they wouldn't die so quick... 

Also important is that the other ships needing to fill their roles too, & not just follow each other to doom like lemmings, or sit back & camp like a lazy slug..

That's why a lot of games fail, because everyone wants to be a single Rambo,get the kill no matter what, & stuff anyone else who says otherwise...

On a side note, this thread was got a ways to go before it gets as good as my rant thread did last year, where it was cloned like crazy lol

Time to grab the popcorn.          :popcorn:

Ordrazz

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

"DD players, take 100% of the risk while I camp at the back, don't attack the enemy (because that would be fun, rewarding), come smoke me so I don't get hit - and make sure your you hang in front of my smoke that you laid for me to block any incoming torpedoes". 

I disagree with you. There are shit DD players too, who don't cap and focus on Damage numbers. It's called random battles for a reason, it matches you with random people; people who have different playstyles or are bad at the game(stop looking at me). A rant will not achieve what you want, instead it will only enrage people. Instead, teach people, who are willing to learn, how you think they should play. It works sometimes. I will say that your anger is not unusual, it is tough playing with people who lose the game for you.

Capping without support is suicidal and stupid especially in a IJN DD. IJN DDs can be very powerful ~ if you support them. We can light enemy DDs without getting spotted ~ but you have to do the shooting.  More often than not.... no one takes a shot- I ask why in chat and I get: "DD is small and fast and hard to hit" as they continue to spam HE into a Yamato. Motivation for spotting is low.

An intelligent player would target the DD. A tip, aim at the enemy and press F3. Due to the language barriers in this server, some players might not understand. If that does not work, I agree with you.

1. DDs are the 2nd most important ships in the game after CVs. If there are no CVs, they are the most important.  If we die early, the team will probably loose. If you die early ~ no one gives a crap. 

Wrong. CA and BB are extremely important for endgame battles due to their tankiness and firepower. CA are important to hunt DDs and BBs help fight other BBs and discourage CAs from capping. While I agree DDs are useful too, you are exaggerating their usefulness. 

Capping an uncontested CAP at the beginning of the game is USELESS if CAs/BBs don't move up to defend it. Yes - we are checking - If you are all headed into the corner as usual, taking that uncontested cap is a complete waste of time and furthermore tells the enemy where I am are.

Not useless. Until the cap is contested again, you earn points from it improving your chance to win.

View PostGorbon_Rubsay, on 28 January 2017 - 05:22 AM, said:

If we smoke you - use the smoke for god sake!! But don't hang about in it stationary broadside - you will get torped. Motivation for smoking allies is low as many players either sail straight out, or get themselves killed in.

Don't expect your teammate to be intelligent. Motivation for smoking allies should be that it increases your chance to win.

If we smoke you -say thank you ~ it is more of a pain in the ass than you think and quite often we are risking ourselves to do it. If we don't smoke you - we don't have smoke ready or, we just don't think you're worth it ~ cussing us out in chat isn't going to help you in any way

Say thank you? Ego boost? Well majority of players I have played with(random players, not div mates) have said thank you. You smoke them up not so you get a thank you but because you can win the game! Also for your second point, when you do something(cap a point, fight a DD) your team doesn't help you because they don't think you are worth it. TBH if you can choose who to give smoke to based on your opinions of a players skill, they can do the same too.

So; CAs BBs. If you see us heading for a cap - follow and support from short - medium range you need to be able to hit the enemey DDs when they are spotted.

They have no obligation to do so.

When enemy DDs are spotted - STOP trying to farm damage off some BB and shoot at them.

Yes but this game rewards damage more than teamplay. Everyone plays for gains in the short run.(Farming the BB gives more damage and higher hit ratio. While killing DD can help win the game, they don't think so far ahead)

If you see us heading for an uncontested cap  - be ready to defend that cap.

Why would they? Like you said, it is uncontested so they can't get those damage numbers unless someone contests it.

If you see we are coming to smoke you, reduce speed and adjust heading to help us.

You should tell them that you are going to smoke them. They can't "see" that you are coming to smoke them.

Finally, if you see a DD retreating or doing something you don't understand, don't shout in chat - provide cover or/and fall back yourself. Either that DD has much better situational awareness than you (DDs have to watch the minimap much more closely than you and may also have RL) or they are a noob ~ either way shouting is not going to help.

Sorry for the horrible editing/text background color and placement of quotes.

Edited by karrablaster123

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

This was meant to be a joke riffing on the other 'This is a rant' thread... and then I got genuinely wound up while writhing it, and then it became a real rant - the kind where you make spelling errors in the title.

Nice rant. :) I will start a "I need a hug" thread next as part of the victim support.

213 posts
4,335 battles

I disagree with you. There are shit DD players too, who don't cap and focus on Damage numbers. It's called random battles for a reason, it matches you with random people; people who have different playstyles or are bad at the game(stop looking at me). A rant will not achieve what you want, instead it will only enrage people. Instead, teach people, who are willing to learn, how you think they should play. It works sometimes. I will say that your anger is not unusual, it is tough playing with people who lose the game for you.

Capping without support is suicidal and stupid especially in a IJN DD. IJN DDs can be very powerful ~ if you support them. We can light enemy DDs without getting spotted ~ but you have to do the shooting.  More often than not.... no one takes a shot- I ask why in chat and I get: "DD is small and fast and hard to hit" as they continue to spam HE into a Yamato. Motivation for spotting is low.

An intelligent player would target the DD. A tip, aim at the enemy and press F3. Due to the language barriers in this server, some players might not understand. If that does not work, I agree with you.

Wrong. CA and BB are extremely important for endgame battles due to their tankiness and firepower. CA are important to hunt DDs and BBs help fight other BBs and discourage CAs from capping. While I agree DDs are useful too, you are exaggerating their usefulness. 

Capping an uncontested CAP at the beginning of the game is USELESS if CAs/BBs don't move up to defend it. Yes - we are checking - If you are all headed into the corner as usual, taking that uncontested cap is a complete waste of time and furthermore tells the enemy where I am are.

Not useless. Until the cap is contested again, you earn points from it improving your chance to win.

View PostGorbon_Rubsay, on 28 January 2017 - 05:22 AM, said:

If we smoke you - use the smoke for god sake!! But don't hang about in it stationary broadside - you will get torped. Motivation for smoking allies is low as many players either sail straight out, or get themselves killed in.

Don't expect your teammate to be intelligent. Motivation for smoking allies should be that it increases your chance to win.

If we smoke you -say thank you ~ it is more of a pain in the ass than you think and quite often we are risking ourselves to do it. If we don't smoke you - we don't have smoke ready or, we just don't think you're worth it ~ cussing us out in chat isn't going to help you in any way

Say thank you? Ego boost? Well majority of players I have played with(random players, not div mates) have said thank you. You smoke them up not so you get a thank you but because you can win the game! Also for your second point, when you do something(cap a point, fight a DD) your team doesn't help you because they don't think you are worth it. TBH if you can choose who to give smoke to based on your opinions of a players skill, they can do the same too.

So; CAs BBs. If you see us heading for a cap - follow and support from short - medium range you need to be able to hit the enemey DDs when they are spotted.

They have no obligation to do so.

When enemy DDs are spotted - STOP trying to farm damage off some BB and shoot at them.

Yes but this game rewards damage more than teamplay. Everyone plays for gains in the short run.(Farming the BB gives more damage and higher hit ratio. While killing DD can help win the game, they don't think so far ahead)

If you see us heading for an uncontested cap  - be ready to defend that cap.

Why would they? Like you said, it is uncontested so they can't get those damage numbers unless someone contests it.

If you see we are coming to smoke you, reduce speed and adjust heading to help us.

You should tell them that you are going to smoke them. They can't "see" that you are coming to smoke them.

Finally, if you see a DD retreating or doing something you don't understand, don't shout in chat - provide cover or/and fall back yourself. Either that DD has much better situational awareness than you (DDs have to watch the minimap much more closely than you and may also have RL) or they are a noob ~ either way shouting is not going to help.

Sorry for the horrible editing/text background color and placement of quotes.

Trying to figure out where we disagree.... but we don't. Agree, 99%, which is why CA/DDs don't support DDs, which is why DDs run away, hide and go for Rambo runs which is why teams loose....

1,124 posts

this is from my "real" experience

CA don't like to shot DD 'if' there's a better choice

I'm in BB and there's DD in front of me and he's USN and he's shooting obviously he is spotted.

but guess who enemy CA is shooting? ....... me ......

if there's target to choose form BB and DD, nearly 100% of CA will shoot BB to farm fire damage.

duh

same goes from when I'm playing shimakaze

me and enemy DD both in cap zone , we both got spoted

I call fire support

and guess what, almost all shell fly toward Izumo far behind not the enemy DD

I shout "I can't cap without support dammit!" and leave the cap area...

Edited by PGM991

213 posts
4,335 battles

Wellll.....

You got the first point wrong to start with..

DDs are not the 2nd most important ship in the game, & the most important when there no cv, the correct point is that DDs are the most ANNOYING ship in the game, cv or no cv.

That is why they get focussed on at the start, they are dangerous bugs to be swatted, & it is therole of the cruiser to perform that task, leaving the bb to concentrate on other BBs & cruisers ...

Instead of doing the proper role that DDs are supposed to do, which is to protect the BBs, harass the cuisers, spot enemy ships & do sudden surprise strikes & torpedo runs, they are not & never were intended to be the top ship, the flagship or the best ship, they are support craft, nothing more. They are a cheap warship with limited tactical range, not meant to lead the fleet, but support it.

Instead we have Rambo captains, looking for the biggest kill & the most they can get, they commonly say bugger the cap, too hard etc, they all go into hunt mode, then they die because the cruiser gets them, which is their role, or they fall prey to a bb... 

Then they whinge about no support, bla bla bla, & how they die so quick, & then rant about nerfing...

If they did the intended role they were designed for, they may find they wouldn't die so quick... 

Also important is that the other ships needing to fill their roles too, & not just follow each other to doom like lemmings, or sit back & camp like a lazy slug..

That's why a lot of games fail, because everyone wants to be a single Rambo,get the kill no matter what, & stuff anyone else who says otherwise...

On a side note, this thread was got a ways to go before it gets as good as my rant thread did last year, where it was cloned like crazy lol

Time to grab the popcorn.          :popcorn:

Ordrazz

Uhhh, OK. Next time my team has 2 DDs vs 3 DDs on your team I will swap a CA  for your DD. I presume you would prefer to be a DD down since they are just cheap support ships....

And BTW this isn't real life. The key to winning is vision control + caps i.e. DDs and CVs are the key.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Trying to figure out where we disagree.... but we don't. Agree, 99%, which is why CA/DDs don't support DDs, which is why DDs run away, hide and go for Rambo runs which is why teams loose....

I am not trying to disagree with you, instead I am giving you suggestions to improve your fun in the game

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

also tbh cap are not that important, specially in higher tier. i encounter games where enemy got all the caps and running away on point lead but our team are focusing and sinking enemy ship while slowly pushing to 1 cap. by the near end of the game they got 700 while we got 600. but they are down to two ship while our fleet lost only 3.

there's a des moines game today on mountain pass map, where enemy has two dd a flether and tashkent while we only got udaloi. during the first minute my hp are already half because i was on the lead, also we cant cap because our dd got bully, but he didn't suicide and wait for our team to slowly push. enemy got all 3 points but we manage to sink most of the ship on the left side. and we slowly push. the game was a slow push until the end we only manage to capture A cap during 15min mark of the game then then finish of the remaining ship and end the match.

the opposite also happened to me multiple times. we got lead on score and cap points but each of our ship are slowly pick up one by one by the enemy who are group together.

most of the time i don't push when there are more than 1 dd on a cap its just pointless without support,  i learn from experience that stubbornly staying inside cap will just cause my ship to sink. don't forget to retreat. be patience and wait for the support before capping.

420 posts
20 battles

DD is the 2nd most important ship at game, i agree with that.

Not in the term of dealing damage.

But to stall the battle line, they're who draw the battle line so larger ship wont carelessly sail into your team territory.

They are the eye of your team, even with CV around it is not like planes would stay in the same spot for eternity. And CV and DD both contributing to team scouting.

They can quickly go from the end of the map to the other end to cap, etc. And this thanks not only to the speed which some outmatched by some Cruisers but to their stealthiness , so they could take shorter route.

And i'm watching your rant, feel at home. :)

340 posts
7,049 battles

2. Capping without support is suicidal and stupid especially in a IJN DD. IJN DDs can be very powerful ~ if you support them. We can light enemy DDs without getting spotted ~ but you have to do the shooting.  More often than not.... no one takes a shot- I ask why in chat and I get: "DD is small and fast and hard to hit" as they continue to spam HE into a Yamato. Motivation for spotting is low.

3. Capping an uncontested CAP at the beginning of the game is USELESS if CAs/BBs don't move up to defend it. Yes - we are checking - If you are all headed into the corner as usual, taking that uncontested cap is a complete waste of time and furthermore tells the enemy where I am are.

4.  If we smoke you - use the smoke for god sake!! But don't hang about in it stationary broadside - you will get torped. Motivation for smoking allies is low as many players either sail straight out, or get themselves killed in.

5. If we smoke you -say thank you ~ it is more of a pain in the ass than you think and quite often we are risking ourselves to do it. If we don't smoke you - we don't have smoke ready or, we just don't think you're worth it ~ cussing us out in chat isn't going to help you in any way.

So; CAs BBs. If you see us heading for a cap - follow and support from short - medium range you need to be able to hit the enemey DDs when they are spotted.  When enemy DDs are spotted - STOP trying to farm damage off some BB and shoot at them. If you see us heading for an uncontested cap  - be ready to defend that cap. If you see we are coming to smoke you, reduce speed and adjust heading to help us. Finally, if you see a DD retreating or doing something you don't understand, don't shout in chat - provide cover or/and fall back yourself. Either that DD has much better situational awareness than you (DDs have to watch the minimap much more closely than you and may also have RL) or they are a noob ~ either way shouting is not going to help.

Same goes for all classes though tbh. Ive lost count of the amount of times Im brawling in BB and team mates all leave you to die. Understand your frustration though.

11 posts
1,253 battles

Same goes for all classes though tbh. Ive lost count of the amount of times Im brawling in BB and team mates all leave you to die. Understand your frustration though.

Just happened to me today so gonna gripe a bit.

Was playing Domination on two bros and I was in my Fubuki - went to cap East with a Leander in support and I got into a torp duel with an enemy DD that I won - then got into trouble with a CL and two fast BBs (Kongo and an ARP) that chased me down the whole East side of the map raining shells on me until I was sunk. I then noticed that the Leander had turned around early and was back at base... and nobody else in my team went East! 

Essentially I took on 5 enemy warships at East cap while half the team milled around the base to take long range pot shots to the West - they didn't even realise they had two enemy BBs within 10km of them until those BBs fired on them! 

1,480 posts

Uhhh, OK. Next time my team has 2 DDs vs 3 DDs on your team I will swap a CA  for your DD. I presume you would prefer to be a DD down since they are just cheap support ships....

And BTW this isn't real life. The key to winning is vision control + caps i.e. DDs and CVs are the key.

I would gladly do such a swap for my team if I could, as usually the DDs are the ones to go & try the heroics & end up splattered, all because they want big & numerous kills, they don't care about a rare concept called teamwork.

I'm not saying every DD player is like that though, & I compliment the good players when I come across them.

& as to it not being real life, whilst I agree, I have to disagree at the same time, because all of our ships ARE computer representatives of real ships, so they perform as the real ones did (except maybe in gun accuracy & the amount of torpedoes carried).

So, that being said, the tactics needed to have successful matches, is to play the ship as it would've been in real life, with real life tactics.... In real life DDs were not lone rangers, but part of a fleet which serves a purpose..

I know of a lot of people who play the game like the ship's are real, & they play the ship's to their roles... These are usually the games we win.... & when the game goes for full length, low scores & we lose, those are the good games, because the enemy team are playing the same way, fulfilling their roles...

That's when I salute the enemy team for an enjoyable match...

Ordrazz

683 posts
7,332 battles

Unless some BB which you can spec up to the level of concealment of larger CA, then we can use them as oversized CA :P

But yeah personally I really like the ships look realistic and also try to play to.their real life roles if the condition permits.

There are good players, trying to learn the tricks in this game players, and some with their heads as stubborn as a stone players. Have seen all sort of weird gameplay in each classes of ships... so pleas don't generalised everyone in the class of ship just because some black sheep :)

213 posts
4,335 battles

I would gladly do such a swap for my team if I could

So, that being said, the tactics needed to have successful matches, is to play the ship as it would've been in real life, with real life tactics.... 

If you are trolling me we done!

If you are serious ... 

Form Line Astern! Cross my T, Give me your broadsides! 

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

the reason that most CA/BBs wont help cap, is that VERY rarely fo you dind that the DD player in front of you runs away the secound they are spotted and the said CA/BB on your team is left in the middle of the sea with no support/spotters and pretty much get focoused down. it isnt the BB/CA's fault, it's just a vicious cycle of distrust between the ships in your game.

the best advice i can give you is "div up with people who you trust to support you", because you should NEVER trust pubbies, ever.

35 posts
4,502 battles

The earlier comment on CAs going for BBs rather than DDs is so often the case.  I don't blame them but it makes BB life harder when cruisers refuse to help clear out the DDs......the amount of times I have been in a good BB v BB slug match and had an enemy DD take advantage whilst my cruiser friendlies happily watch my die without assisting.

Perhaps there should be a XP bonus against the ships you SHOULD be hitting - might encourage more team work?

213 posts
4,335 battles

Perhaps there should be a XP bonus against the ships you SHOULD be hitting - might encourage more team work?

Somewhere else on the forum someone had the excellent idea that XP/credit should be rewarded for %damage done to a ship rather than absolute HP dmg.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,472 battles

Somewhere else on the forum someone had the excellent idea that XP/credit should be rewarded for %damage done to a ship rather than absolute HP dmg.

This is already in the game. Taking T5 as an example, 6k damage against a minekaze is worth more in xp/credit than 20k damage against a Kongp.

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,413 battles

MOAR DD = EZ WIN .

This is almost the universal true , having 1 moar dd mean your team can be hella lots more agressive to push the other team out of competition at key areas and winning an ez game even if you loss more ships later.

More BB ? Good ? No , only good if BB band themselves into a huge mob and push agressively. If more BB at 18 km sniping like a scrub then plz no.

More CA ? What CA ? Depend on the composition of the other team to see if moar CA are gud. If there is a strike US CV and no good AA CA around then GG.