You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kryta

It's Happening!

105 comments in this topic

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
856 posts
750 battles

we now all know that March 12 (Thursday) is the start of the CBT, a little request.......

since some of us are having those ridiculous internet connection (ooooooooooossssssssssooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii), may I suggest to the admins that we beta-testers can now start update/download the CBT client so that when the server goes live, we'll just log-in through, rather than the servers went up, but most of us are still updating/downloading.........

:honoring:

Edited by GeneralPaps

[MEGA]
Super Tester
209 posts
3,194 battles

we now all know that March 12 (Thursday) is the start of the CBT, a little request.......

since some of us are having those ridiculous internet connection (ooooooooooossssssssssooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii), may I suggest to the admins that we beta-testers can now start update/download the CBT client so that when the server goes live, we'll just log-in through, rather than the servers went up, but most of us are still updating/downloading.........

Yeah that's right,last BW I download the client for two days,which was horrible experience
  • Cool 1

Super Tester
1,779 posts
376 battles

gWBuevy.gif

See ya guys in-game (?)

and about that, will the download be on torrent? lol~ (like during on the weekend tests)

Alpha Tester
6,605 posts
2,887 battles

Merge tool is weird. I've moved the thread back into Open forum.

HOWEVER, now that it's back in the open forum please keep in mind of the NDA as it's not yet lifted.

Alpha Tester
6,605 posts
2,887 battles

34h9dz6.jpg

Beta Tester
17 posts
1,085 battles

Dammit! I'm on a night shift that day. grrrr. Oh well, plenty of playing the morning I finish!

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
933 battles

*waits for AALG to say its RU only*

No. Its across all the servers, EU, NA, Asia, and RU. See the announcement on the Portal : http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/wows-closed-beta-departs-mar-12/

"Wargaming is excited to announce that preparations are underway for the World of Warships Closed Beta, which will begin on March 12. Applications open for Europe at 11:00 CET, North America at 11:00 PST, and Asia at 17:00 SGT. "

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
933 battles

How long would CBT last?

Until OBT gets announced.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,680 posts

Requested, no answer yet

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,492 battles

Until OBT gets announced.

So basically, anyone who got in can play 24/7 for quite a while then?

Btw, is there a limit on how many applications you guys receive before closing down the submission form? I think I've read that somewhere but forgot where it is. If the limit really is number-based instead of time-based, then it'll be quite a problem for those who can't stalk the portal to get their application sent before everyone else does, due to work or things like that.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
856 posts
750 battles

34h9dz6.jpg

lolwat?! O_O don't make me blush!!! *kyyaaaaaa~~*

Requested, no answer yet

danke schooon

and about that, will the download be on torrent? lol~ (like during on the weekend tests)

it would be the same like before, download the client, update through client....

Btw, is there a limit on how many applications you guys receive before closing down the submission form? I think I've read that somewhere but forgot where it is. If the limit really is number-based instead of time-based, then it'll be quite a problem for those who can't stalk the portal to get their application sent before everyone else does, due to work or things like that.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

For now, alpha-testers and weekend testers (now beta-testers) are automatically included for the CBT, and I don't think this time the servers are limited to a certain number of players that can enter in-game (like for example the last beta weekend can only log-in 3k players, then no one can enter, waiting line.....)

But for now, it seems WG is saying to their announcements that that they are probably giving a chance for those who haven't tested out the game yet ever since, only I would assume that it would be the same before.....limited slots, and beta access key to be given (still limited).........

Edited by GeneralPaps

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
933 battles

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Time and number based. Each regional betaserver is specced according to an expected number of players based on regional stats from other WG games, as well as to the number of players needed to generate the data required by the Devs. All the Weekend testers from the two Beta Weekends, are allready Beta testers, so based on that, the timeslots for submitting an application has been set.

Finally, note that its still testing that is the main purpose, its not a release, and hence the numbers available, both for beta tester status, as well as for "seats" on the server when its up, will be limited, compared to the release situation.

[MEGA]
Super Tester
209 posts
3,194 battles

Time and number based. Each regional betaserver is specced according to an expected number of players based on regional stats from other WG games, as well as to the number of players needed to generate the data required by the Devs. All the Weekend testers from the two Beta Weekends, are allready Beta testers, so based on that, the timeslots for submitting an application has been set.

Finally, note that its still testing that is the main purpose, its not a release, and hence the numbers available, both for beta tester status, as well as for "seats" on the server when its up, will be limited, compared to the release situation.

So there's no chance to pre-download CBT client?

[ETHIC]
Beta Tester
16 posts
686 battles

Thank you WG for an awesome birthday present, finally I can get back into wows and play woot

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,492 battles

I see, thankyou for your reply. It seems that I have to stalk the application open time then. I just hope that there are enough slots to go around.

Btw, the form is supposed to include some questions regarding warships from history right? I remember last time I took part in WoWP Alpha there were some like that. (I hope it's not about American warships, since most of my Naval knowledge lies on the Japanese side, googling things can take some time)

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
856 posts
750 battles

So there's no chance to pre-download CBT client?

lets hope that they can let us do that starting tomorrow :v

Btw, the form is supposed to include some questions regarding warships from history right? I remember last time I took part in WoWP Alpha there were some like that. (I hope it's not about American warships, since most of my Naval knowledge lies on the Japanese side, googling things can take some time)

A two, or probably three questions that involves history....yes...

Edited by GeneralPaps

Beta Tester
141 posts
2,267 battles

This is a happy news and bad news for me

The happy news is........ we can play it ! WOHOOOO!!!!!!

The bad news for me is....... i have a month to study for my final exam in higschool and the cbt will open right in the center 

But still, THANK YOU WARGAMING !!!!!!!!!!!

WHO'S WITH ME ??!! :B

Edited by izanagi59

Alpha Tester
6,605 posts
2,887 battles

So there's no chance to pre-CBT Download client?

Fixed