You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Are scripts allowed?

6 comments in this topic

2,217 posts
13,678 battles

I didn't think it was outside the rules to use a script that ran a timer outside of the game. I unintentionally posted said script (thought I had pushed preview). The thread appeared for a while with 0 views, then disappeared. So my question is; did it get removed because of violation, or was it a forum hiccup?

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

I didn't think it was outside the rules to use a script that ran a timer outside of the game. I unintentionally posted said script (thought I had pushed preview). The thread appeared for a while with 0 views, then disappeared. So my question is; did it get removed because of violation, or was it a forum hiccup?

Whatever program you run outside the game is your business..... do you mean its in the game- as in the script inserted somewhere 'in' the game? That could be a different story.

Possibly moved to off topic?

2,217 posts
13,678 battles

It is an autohotkey script run outside the game. Simply starts a timer when a key is pressed. I am going to assume it forum error since I didn't get red crayon or warning or anything. I will post it again.

2,217 posts
13,678 battles

Ah ha. This time I found out what was happening.

Please be aware that this is considered an unsafe link since it accesses a standalone executable file.

You are more than welcome to share the file if it has been virus checked through a media sharing website.

Unsafe Link. Thread Locked. User Advised.

A quick google search revealed no obvious media sharing sites with virus check so I will probably just drop the idea of sharing it.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Scripts are not allowed, and running one will probably see you turn brown (yes, you can turn brown). If that happens, you have basically been detected running the script, and if you continue to do so, your account will be perma banned (this is automatic)

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Your posts were removed from the general discussion and placed in the locked threads area.

There is a reason for this as explained in the post when it was locked. 

Also keep in mind what Leng said as well.

Link:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/22159-would-you-like-to-know-when-smoke-about-to-expire/page__pid__285662#entry285662