Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArmoredMedic

DKM CA vs. DKM BB

21 comments in this topic

22 posts
151 battles

I'm pretty new to the game and having decided to go down the DKM line I'm left wondering whether to to go BB or continue on the CA line.

The two lines seem quite similar, especially starting at T7. The DKM BB are all quite fast, fast turning turrets, relatively smaller caliber guns and have torpedoes with a 6km range. The DKM CA are pretty much exactly the same, slightly faster but with lower caliber, faster firing, slightly shorter ranged guns, and the same torpedoes.

As a newbie, which of these line is the less skill intensive one?

345 posts
3,663 battles

Go for BB if you want to dominate, Go for CA if you want to get deleted by BBs :teethhappy:

Edited by Loshirai14

683 posts
7,358 battles

Well, KM CA I think not as easy to play as IJN CA due to their large detection range. Spotted, unable to disengage, get deleted. Once you get concealment expert then it's better.

KM BB... well, it's fun to play :) I personally like KM BB more than KM CA, though I'm trying to train myself in KM CA.

[LBAS]
4,475 posts
25,652 battles

KM BB is easiest BB line to learn

KM CA is 2nd hardest cruiser Line in the game

the choice should be obvius

No1 is RN or US?:hmm:
Edited by MatterCore

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

What makes the KM BB so easy?

1. Relatifly High speed, and agile - easier to reposition yourself

2. Turtleback armor makes The ship not as punnishing when you make bad decision 

3. this patch favor german BB a lot 

No1 is RN or US?:hmm:

RN ofc

its for Newbie, lower tier British CL were horrible

as for higher tier (tier 7)

US took the no 1 spot with pensacola and NO  :trollface:

Edited by humusz

22 posts
151 battles

1. Relatifly High speed, and agile - easier to reposition yourself

2. Turtleback armor makes The ship not as punnishing when you make bad decision 

3. this patch favor german BB a lot 

So if they have both high armor and high speed, what's their downside?

Their guns seem OK... not as good as the IJN guns, but they do have torpedoes and that's huge, it seems combat doesn't get decisive till you're within about 10km anyway.

350 posts

Their guns seem OK... not as good as the IJN guns, but they do have torpedoes and that's huge, it seems combat doesn't get decisive till you're within about 10km anyway.

The bad side is their dispersion is really bad as in fire a broadside of a cruiser and chances are most of the shells would miss especially at long ranges. Thus, their turtleback armor was made so they could what they do best - brawl at close range.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

low accuracy of gun, and have lesser fire resistance (they caught fire easier)

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Why would anyone torture themselves by going down the German Cruisers line?

Because its German?! :D

KM BB is easiest BB line to learn

KM CA is 2nd hardest cruiser Line in the game

the choice should be obvius

+1 KM CL/A are great ( apart from Karlshrue! ),but take more skill and dedication to master.

Especially when you get to the Konigsberg and Nurnberg.They are deadly in the right hands,but will explode when looked at the wrong way.You need to be able to keep and eye on everything that is happening around you so you can dodge incoming fire ( on the ASIA server IJN BB love to target you for easy kill ),and be able to do the right thing at the right time to be effective.

22 posts
151 battles

The more I look at these two lines and gain experience with the game, the more perplexed I am with why anyone would take the KM CA over the BB after T6.

Starting with the Gneisenau the KM get their WWII style BC-like BBs. They are almost as fast as the CA, fast turning turrets, same torpedoes, and superior in all other respects.

I can't wait till I get the Gneisenau, CA speed, BB armor, and BB guns... with torpedoes.:)

[KEBAB]
44 posts
5,040 battles

As someone with Hindy, I don't take her out as often as I would like because im a noob with her. Take the German BB line as its the YOLOL BB line xD

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

The more I look at these two lines and gain experience with the game, the more perplexed I am with why anyone would take the KM CA over the BB after T6.

Starting with the Gneisenau the KM get their WWII style BC-like BBs. They are almost as fast as the CA, fast turning turrets, same torpedoes, and superior in all other respects.

I can't wait till I get the Gneisenau, CA speed, BB armor, and BB guns... with torpedoes.:)

Gneisenau is a bit of an odd duck,and takes some getting used to.If you can learn to brawl at the right times though and charge enemy ships the torps will help out a lot.

Personally I only joined the game due to the Germans being on the to do list for it,so I aim to get them all anyway!

I have only gotten up to T8 in the CA line so far:

Yorck is very good if you take the time to learn it.If you can figure out how to use it well it pays off.I can do more damage in a Myoko ( probably due to the AP which is useful at range unlike the Yorck ),but I find the Yorck fun to play.

Hipper/Eugen has the history behind it,plus in game the AP is very good and easy to use.Only time I have problems with them is being uptiered to T10,otherwise I can handle them well.

139 posts
5,876 battles

Hindenburg's my personal favourite TX CA (I own the Zao and Moskva too). Sure, it doesn't exactly excel at a specific aspect like the others, but its versatility enables it to adapt to various situations effectively. And the amount of shells you can constantly rain down on enemies are oh-so satisfying, if you can master the ship's strengths and overcome its weaknesses.

But on the other hand, I grinded up to the Hindy when the meta didn't include RN CLs, KM BBs, and the numerous other Prem ships. So for T8 and below, it might be much more difficult to grind past now than it is back then when I did it.

But if we're judging on the TX alone, I would give a healthy recommendation to the Hindenburg.

892 posts
7,853 battles

I play both and actually find the BB line more enjoyable. IMO, the main downside of the german BB is their accuracy for long range but you gotta love their secondaries!

451 posts
6,946 battles

km bbs are for people who cant play the game but still want to do well in stats

km cas are for masochists who want to play a line that maximises returns underwater

Sign in to follow this