EnochIsHere

Am i the only one concerning/waiting about Pensacola rework?

92 comments in this topic

1,838 posts
8,068 battles

I do have Pensacola in my port and i wasn't experiencing any difficulties with her, played both Random and Coop and loving this ship than the Myoko (ARP ones, Southern Dragon not yet) 

She has Better AA (stock and Hull)

Secondaries are good too

:amazed:

I heard there's a buff for her

But when? :read_fish:

2rnd47a.jpg

Here's a picture of her with the premium camo :)

Thread locked as requested by OP.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Some Q&A a while back mentioned them possibly moving New Orleans and Baltimore down a tier. I wonder what would happen to the Pensacola if that were to happen. :hmm:

Good thing now we can take CE earlier so the Pensacola can be spotted from the moon as opposed to being spotted from Jupiter. :tea_cap:

1,838 posts
8,068 battles

Some Q&A a while back mentioned them possibly moving New Orleans and Baltimore down a tier. I wonder what would happen to the Pensacola if that were to happen. :hmm:

Good thing now we can take CE earlier so the Pensacola can be spotted from the moon as opposed to being spotted from Jupiter. :tea_cap:

Baltimore at tier VIII?

New Orleans at tier IX?

Hmm, if they will have USS Northampton it would be better i suppose :playing:

Downtiered.... hmmm...... :look: i wonder what tier or split tech tree would it be?

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Damn. I just finished grinding through her & bought New Orleans this evening. Training capt right now.

Edited by keskparane

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Pensacola supposed to be competing with myoko.

infact Myoko senpai is 2 year older.

both were first "Treaty cruiser" serving in their respective nation

However 1 were mediocre, and other end up being one of the most succesfull cruiser design through the war

1,162 posts

Pensacola supposed to be competing with myoko.

infact Myoko senpai is 2 year older.

both were first "Treaty cruiser" serving in their respective nation

However 1 were mediocre, and other end up being one of the most succesfull cruiser design through the war

Wait, isnt that Myoko that the first cruiser to break the Washington Treaty limit?

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Wait, isnt that Myoko that the first cruiser to break the Washington Treaty limit?

yep. its 12% heavier than allowed

but the actuality is more like result a truly complex mess of missmanagement

IJN book system, consider the 10.000 weight were dry weight and put it into official dissplacement. while other nation put official dissplacement when they going sea trial.

when they realized what they have done, Myoko were like 60% completed. They tried to weight saving measures but in their mind, they know it will pass the  treaty limit

So IJN brass, instead of backtracking and scuttle half complete ship. They took chance of this "Loophole" - bassicly They will play dumb, if other nation found out

When Myoko undergoing sea trial (with full crew and armanent) - she was overweight to the point that put 1/3 of her Armor belt underwater (a very bad thing)

they tried to raise it by adding torpedo buldge to increase her bouyancy - which quite a success. but make her more chubby : D

instead of fixing this so called loophole

The IJN used this as pretext, to allow Japan make subsuquent supperior ship

Thats why some sources use "Cheating" (with quotation mark) - to poke fun of IJN  missmanagement of Naval building

German even more blantant about the treaty

They simply just lipservicing the allied. say yes yes yes we will abide

then say, fck it - Deuthland  gonna make  Admiral hipper Lol

Mogami was the first, Myoko being second and Atago being the Thrid 

Myoko first

Mogami cheating were diffrent

They said it was light cruiser so not bounded by treaty.

But those 155mm gun can be changed into 203mm

It was clever - rather than cheat : P

Nb : and this kind of mess, is also few factor what makes US failed to grasp the true size of Yamato

Edited by humusz

1,838 posts
8,068 battles

Aight, Back to topic, if Pensacola gets a buff, it needs Armor and a HP survibability

Also i've seen Pensacola gets ranking down on servers, she totally needs HP Buff and some armor so it can Ricochet a Fiji shell, i know she's too Fragile

And it needs its Historical Armor based on its blueprint and its top upgrade

I doubt WG will give her radar for the lolz :trollface::hiding: 

99 posts
1,653 battles

If they fix pepsi concealment I would be happy, would be nice to have a New Orleans style citadel change (if supported by history).

The split into heavy/light crusiers would probably lower the pepsi by one tier and have the T7 Portland (sister ship of Indianapolis); then buff the Baltimore to be useful.

I have almost unlocked the Baltimore but never going to use it in current form.

Edited by Axion_Nova

1,838 posts
8,068 battles

If they fix pepsi concealment I would be happy, would be nice to have a New Orleans style citadel change (if supported by history).

The split into heavy/light crusiers would probably lower the pepsi by one tier and have the T7 Portland (sister ship of Indianapolis); then buff the Baltimore to be useful.

I have almost unlocked the Baltimore but never going to use it in current form.

As the same as the Main Guns and Efficient Secondaries

Pepsi is good to be a Tier VI in the game then Cheatland will be a VI split for Light Cruisers

USS Northampton is good for a tier VII 

1,162 posts

yep. its 12% heavier than allowed

but the actuality is more like result a truly complex mess of missmanagement

IJN book system, consider the 10.000 weight were dry weight and put it into official dissplacement. while other nation put official dissplacement when they going sea trial.

when they realized what they have done, Myoko were like 60% completed. They tried to weight saving measures but in their mind, they know it will pass the  treaty limit

So IJN brass, instead of backtracking and scuttle half complete ship. They took chance of this "Loophole" - bassicly They will play dumb, if other nation found out

When Myoko undergoing sea trial (with full crew and armanent) - she was overweight to the point that put 1/3 of her Armor belt underwater (a very bad thing)

they tried to raise it by adding torpedo buldge to increase her bouyancy - which quite a success. but make her more chubby : D

instead of fixing this so called loophole

The IJN used this as pretext, to allow Japan make subsuquent supperior ship

Thats why some sources use "Cheating" (with quotation mark) - to poke fun of IJN  missmanagement of Naval building

German even more blantant about the treaty

They simply just lipservicing the allied. say yes yes yes we will abide

then say, fck it - Deuthland  gonna make  Admiral hipper Lol

Nb : and this kind of mess, is also few factor what makes US failed to grasp the true size of Yamato

Ohh...

So that means basically IJN makes mistake in their calculator, but they like "Woopsie, you didnt tell us how to exactly to measure it, and we dont want to sunk our resources. So we will use 'different place, different understanding' as an excuse.:trollface:"

I thought they purposely make the Myoko break the treaty, cool stuff.:great: 

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Ohh...

So that means basically IJN makes mistake in their calculator, but they like "Woopsie, you didnt tell us how to exactly to measure it, and we dont want to sunk our resources. So we will use 'different place, different understanding' as an excuse.:trollface:"

I thought they purposely make the Myoko break the treaty, cool stuff.:great: 

yep

The first one is a misstake, the next one is a delliberate :trollface:

1,162 posts

yep

The first one is a misstake, the next one is a delliberate :trollface:

But hey thanks to those 'conference meeting' and 'uhh no,we wont sunk it'. We get arguably the best cruiser tier for tier at T7 and up in-game. :D

99 posts
1,653 battles

As the same as the Main Guns and Efficient Secondaries

Pepsi is good to be a Tier VI in the game then Cheatland will be a VI split for Light Cruisers

USS Northampton is good for a tier VII 

Probably move Cleveland up to 7 with fixed and/or buffed abilities.
Edited by Axion_Nova

11 posts
4,279 battles

Return her Range and her RoF spamming HE shells since Beta and boom

Cleve goes tier VI split CL

What was her range in Beta? 16km would seem about right.