You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Des Moines survivability needs to be increased

30 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

SQEZahz.pngnQ4uNmS.png47qhJk2.pnguyXMGSe.png

The Des Moines also has the lowest range out of all T10 heavy cruisers, and its shell tracery has always made it better in close quarters. But getting up close gives you even less time to avoid incoming fire, and completely avoiding battleship shells is practically the only possible way for a Des Moines to neglect damage, while other heavy cruisers can angle and bounce instead. Look at the armor screenshots I have attached below, the Des Moines has the worse overall armor amongst all heavy cruisers (Minotaur is not included, but it has great concealment, a smoke screen and very powerful Repair Party Consumable and it is a light cruiser)

The Zao has an extra layer protecting the citadel (although 25mm), also forming a slight turtleback, just like the Hindenburg. Their citadels are lower in the water and not as wide as the Des Moines 

Please, World Of Warships development team, consider giving Des Moines better armor

Thanks for reading, good luck on the high seas

Zao
BtxrvEd.jpg

Hindenburg

yeziNH3.jpg8AZfCjF.jpg

Moskva
hxg5Aoo.jpg

Des Moines
 g1CO9Lk.jpgurEgbAa.jpg

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,856 battles

They are less survivable because of their operational range, other cruisers can choose to stay back alot, DM can't and have to rely on islands also they usually become the second victim (after DD) that got focus fired. I mean put Zao or Hindenburg at the same operational range they would die as fast as DM. Minotaur who has smoke actually has the worst survivability among all server aside from Russians. What does it tells you? The closer you are to the battlefield the harder to survive no matter what kind of tools you have

PS: wtf NA get yo shit together how did you guys only got 37% survivability on DM and 36% on Minotaur?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

why not buff des moines armor to 30mm or more?

sure its not historically accurate but for the balancing purpose they really need it. other cruiser like Baltimore and New Orleans should follow too. since like DM, these too are also close to mid range cruiser.

edit. GDI why i always type NC when i was thinking of new orleans :child:

Edited by yansuki

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

why not buff des moines armor to 30mm or more?

sure its not historically accurate but for the balancing purpose they really need it. other cruiser like Baltimore and NC should follow too. since like DM, these too are also close to mid range cruiser.

Well that is my proposal, to give Des Moines the ability to bounce shells, same with Baltimore and I'll have to check for North Carolina 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Well that is my proposal, to give Des Moines the ability to bounce shells, same with Baltimore and I'll have to check for North Carolina 

ops i mean New orleans :P

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i think the DM shells speed mneed to be increased :/

they are already fast. they are not lazer fast but they are on 800meter per sec, its just their tracectory is not good as other cruiser. but their shell are good for plunging fire. can citadel bb specially germans.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,856 battles

You obviously haven't realise that War Gaming hates the USN line. Look at their BB,CV and CA. Now compare them to every other nation. Out matched in everything except for AA

Can you guys stop with WG hate X country because they nerfed/make them weak/uncompetitive/etc?

It's dumb and childish 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i also fear that with the rise of HEAP cruiser, specifically RU and zao. USN CA will also receive the full brunt of it. specially they have thinner armor than BB, less HP and Range.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Can you guys stop with WG hate X country because they nerfed/make them weak/uncompetitive/etc?

It's dumb and childish 

Well, why the hell haven't they realised that 75% of the USN ships are out matched in nearly every single way possible ?

* cough cough Colorado*

[SIBYL]
50 posts
7,232 battles

Overall stat comparision shows some interesting things:

1. SEA has the overall best survival rates among all servers. 

2. SEA has lower overall damage and hit rate among all servers. (On a side, earlier on I also see an overall less torpedo hit rate on SEA than any other server, this together may suggest more WASD in SEA than other servers)

3. RU has the least T10 battles among all servers, they also have highest average damage among all servers, yet on par survival with EU. Probably support RU's brawler mindset.

Very Interesting indeed.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

Well, why the hell haven't they realised that 75% of the USN ships are out matched in nearly every single way possible ?

* cough cough Colorado*

*cough cough colorado is one of thr best ships at T7*

as we have pointed out in countless threads before the ONLY up line of the USN is the CAs, in many tiers their DDs and BBs are the best ships, yet you still insist that they are "bad" and "WG hates USN", inspite the rest of us refuting that again and again

*wont comment on CVs as i dont play them

Edited by drakon233

563 posts
4,686 battles

as we have pointed out in countless threads before the ONLY up line of the USN is the CAs, in many tiers their DDs and BBs are the best ships, yet you still insist that they are "bad" and "WG hates USN", inspite the rest of us refuting that again and again

*wont comment on CVs as i dont play them

He's an NA guy somehow get lost here. What do you expect?

USN CVs only problem is lack of flexibility. 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

USN DDs are best, yes that's true.

Colorado is one of the best ship at tier 7?

Uh No. 

Only NC and New Mexico are the best ship at their tier 

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

2. SEA has lower overall damage and hit rate among all servers. (On a side, earlier on I also see an overall less torpedo hit rate on SEA than any other server, this together may suggest more WASD in SEA than other servers)

3. RU has the least T10 battles among all servers, they also have highest average damage among all servers, yet on par survival with EU. Probably support RU's brawler mindset.

Very Interesting indeed.

That's interesting. Also, asia is cruiser meta and it is hard to hit cruisers.

40 posts
2,588 battles

It's dumb and childish

To a greater extent, all regular line ships are now failures, because the game is swamped with out performing premiums, so most ships that you grind up have expectations of negative win ratio.

However so many actually constructed American ships are bottom of the heap, and so many glorious soviet peoples paper fleet are not that plainly objectivity is much stronger with actual ships, than it is with paper designs.

In any case, the Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore experience lost them a customer, particularly when whatever the des moines looks like on paper, its stats don't lie, its a suicide ship, and I just can't rustle up any enthusiasm for playing it after 500k XP of bottom of the heap suicide ships.  I'd imagine that the USN carrier line is pretty much a wrist slashing experience, instead of merely a screw-this-game experience, since well all of them after the first tier have pretty poor records.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Very Interesting indeed.

1. Well, we are the cowardice server aren't we ?

2. Can't hit shit when players can't/refuse to move out of spawn can't we ?

3. Russians have the best play style and tactic, shame that most players on SEA are cowards

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,856 battles

Best tactic? Lol you can't be serious

It is called brainless charge and brawn before brain there's no tactics there 

Edited by Vio_Strygun

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

And yet you generalise Russian players as stupid. Don't be a SEA elitist.

Regardless of how 'bad' their players are. I would much rather be involved in a community that actually play the objective rather than a community sits at spawn for 20 minutes.     

Edited by silenthunter19944

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Dat rush B non-stop reference though

Regardless of how 'bad' their players are. I would much rather be involved in a community that actually play the objective rather than a community sits at spawn for 20 minutes.     

Jokes aside, you do know that not all of SEA/Asia players speak the same language don't you? So in SEA/Asia it's pretty much individual skills instead of teamwork (except when in division or team where you can have your "teamwork") :teethhappy:

Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

You would think that when talking about survivability, you would order the ships based on survival percentages. Regardless, all Cruisers and Destroyers (moreso cruisers) suffer from the problem of, one mistake and you're either disabled the whole game or back to port. Meanwhile BBs can make severe mistakes and take minimal damage. What needs to happen is to make all cruisers have a better survivability by making changes such as smaller citadel, better ricochet angles etc especially at T10 where the power of everything is a huge gap between t8s and 9s but unfortunately, that won't happen.

Very Interesting indeed.

The reason why SEA's stats are so bad is because everyone's mindset is the worst on this server. The gameplay on this server is so passive and boring that noone wants to push or risk themselves as they view themselves to be more valuable than the person next to them. Unfortunately, there are no way to fix this problem as it is a domino effect, one person doesn't push and the other ultimately won't and you get a chain reaction. This isn't to say SEA's players are worst than NA or EU or RU tho (IMO SEA has the strongest players, especially CV players).

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Dat rush B non-stop reference though

Jokes aside, you do know that not all of SEA/Asia players speak the same language do you? So in SEA/Asia it's pretty much individual skills instead of teamwork (except when in division or team where you can have your "teamwork") :teethhappy:

Team play doesn't always requires communication. In that case, EU would probably be doing as bad as us when it comes to team play. Things such as assisting with people who use F7, laying smoke screen for friendlies, help friendlies who is F3ing someone. All of those actions don't requires communication. It only requires having common sense

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

then go, noone is stopping you if you dont like the meta, i moved here to asia a long time ago from NA because i was tired of all my teammates YOLOing and feeding the fishes, and i hear RU is worse, however, you are free to play there if you so wish, as i said, no one is stopping you

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Team play doesn't always requires communication. In that case, EU would probably be doing as bad as us when it comes to team play. Things such as assisting with people who use F7, laying smoke screen for friendlies, help friendlies who is F3ing someone. All of those actions don't requires communication. It only requires having common sense

Or some players who think that they are too good at this game that they don't need to listen to their team calling. And when the team is losing, they blame the team. I saw that a lot though. Seeing those like that, I usually stay quiet and not saying anything in the chat (unless my team's CV was AFKing the whole match that makes us lose).

Usually when i'm F3ing someone or pinging the map, it's usually for my divmate and not really the team, others can either help or just leave it be since my divmate will handle it anyway.

Usually when seeing the team are losing, i often speak with my div about the other possible outcomes of the matchs if there were any and not blaming anyone.

P/s: I think we're derailing the topic here :P