You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XPHOEN1X

How do you play the Furutaka?

5 comments in this topic

3 posts
334 battles

Hi everyone!

I bought the Furutaka recently and as of writing this post I have all modules mounted except for the upgraded torpedoes.

Unfortunately, I'm not doing well in her :( I've tried sticking with the battleships or hanging back to support, but the 13km range on the guns often means that I don't have the range to shoot anything. Otherwise, if I try to move forwards such that the enemies are within range of my guns, the weak armor and large citadels on the ship usually results in me losing most, if not all, of my HP. Furthermore, the ship doesn't seem to have the manouveribility to dodge shells at about 10km, which makes surviving even more difficult.

Any advice on how the Furutaka should be played would be appreciated :)

Edited by XPHOEN1X

2,217 posts
13,680 battles

Bow on.

I'd better add some more information I guess. Enjoy the glorious 203mm caliber. Hard hitting, high fire chance. 'bout now is when you gotta learn you just can't go around showing broadside anymore, which will fare you well as you progress. So slow down, angle well, and she should reward you.

Edited by keskparane

381 posts
9,957 battles

Sadly you can't do much with the current MM. Furutaka is one of the worst ship when it comes to being uptierred. Your bow is overmatched by 203mm guns, and your paper 76mm citadel can be penetrated by 152mm guns from like 13km which is also your max range. Just accept this tragic fact and move on to Aoba - that extra 2km range allows you to have way more room for shooting and moving.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

Keep your angle, you actually the only t5 cruisers that can shrug off 356mm AP if it hits the angled belt. Do not go bow on against BB in a close range (6 km) and below as their shells overmatched your bow and can possibly hits through your citadel