You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bex_o7

Ping issues

16 comments in this topic

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
439 posts
15,387 battles

I have a 100mbps connection via fibre optic cable that is as stable as can be with no issues whatsoever... until I play WoWS. 

In recent days my ping has routinely spiked between 500 and 1500 ms during game, making the game unplayable, for the most part.

Has anyone else in Australia suffered the same problem and did you find a solution?

2,248 posts
13,957 battles

Mines been good lately. I'm south of Sydney. I get 75ms ping to Perth, but then it jumps to 155ms to reach Hong Kong. An average of 155ms ping to server typically results in 106ms response in-game. Since they fixed the cable I haven't had any problems and I have stopped monitoring the connection. I will start monitoring again if problems arise. PingPlotter has a 14 day trial if you want to look for yourself. To find server ips (assuming you using windows) open task manager, select performance tab, open resource monitor. Then you can select the network tab and tick WorldofWarships.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
439 posts
15,387 battles

It must be on your end mate.   Pings are consistent and below 100ms at the moment.

Well... I rarely drop below 100 but I'm in Adelaide so I just assume it's due to crappy infrastructure. To be clear, I only have the issue with WoWS. My connection is rock solid with every other application/online game.

Beta Tester
926 posts
15,499 battles

I have a 100mbps connection via fibre optic cable that is as stable as can be with no issues whatsoever... until I play WoWS. 

In recent days my ping has routinely spiked between 500 and 1500 ms during game, making the game unplayable, for the most part.

Has anyone else in Australia suffered the same problem and did you find a solution?

First time yesterday i have had pings fluctuate between 80ms and 200ms with lag. Something is with the game. I havnt had any issues playing for 2 years. Problem juat started last night. Few times booted out at the end of game too.

There was so many times i was booted out of the game due to no data. My connection is fine with other apps and streaming at the same time. 

Im in sydney on tpg. The traceroute runs thru telstra links to singapore. I thought it was just me. Something isnt right, ill give it another shot tonight.

I was going to post about this. Glad its not only myself.

Edited by SlamUez

1,078 posts
3,886 battles

Well... I rarely drop below 100 but I'm in Adelaide so I just assume it's due to crappy infrastructure. To be clear, I only have the issue with WoWS. My connection is rock solid with every other application/online game.

You might be experiencing some other problem at the moment though,but it can depend on who your ISP is and where they route the connection.One of the lines keeps having problems from Australia to Singapore as well which doesn't help.

I live just west of Melbourne,and have Telstra.Since approx 3 months after OBT I have been getting variable ping and lag quality.I actually get a better connection to the NA server than I do to the ASIA one.

But there was another player who was posting late last year who only lives about 10km from me in the western suburbs of Melbourne that has Optus and has no problems.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,019 battles

The strangest ping related issue i ever saw was a frozen ship i was targeting, it was about to go safe behind an island.... but it got frozen there....but no one else was frozen..... its smoke was frozen but trailing back as if at speed.... when i shoot at it, my shots curve back behind it magically..... i have to put lead on a ship that was not moving hahahaha.... so i could take several shots i should never have been able to take because it would have gone behind the island. Usually when ping resets, it moved the ship forward to the correct spot if it never stopped rite? Not in this case! just kept going normally from where it was frozen.... poor guy, must have wondered how the hell he got so much damage instantly? Come to think of it? That happened to me a few times??? hmmmmm?????

Beta Tester
926 posts
15,499 battles

Didnt experience the ping dodgyness last night.

But it was laggy. Maybe someone on my network streaming taking up all the bandwidth.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
439 posts
15,387 battles

It seems to have abated the last couple of evenings. Ping has remained consistent with few, if any, lag spikes. *shrugs*

Edited by Bex_o7

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,707 battles

router reset Bex?

Also ahve you done a tracert to the server?

Syanda had a lovely post on working it out i think in the newbies area.

My ping averages 50-60 now with the cable restored, no issues at the moment

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
187 posts
6,586 battles

Yesterday I had 40ping which was amazing it's normally 100ish, today 600-1000plus, I logged out and checked my connection, no problems. I'm in South Aus as well. 

Never had any serious issues since closed beta. 

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
439 posts
15,387 battles

router reset Bex?

Also ahve you done a tracert to the server?

Syanda had a lovely post on working it out i think in the newbies area.

My ping averages 50-60 now with the cable restored, no issues at the moment

Yeah, reset connection from my end and Telstra's, they were quite helpful. It didn't fix the issue at the time though, my WoWS ping remained very poor. Whatever it was, it seems to have passed now.

Beta Tester
926 posts
15,499 battles

Yeah, reset connection from my end and Telstra's, they were quite helpful. It didn't fix the issue at the time though, my WoWS ping remained very poor. Whatever it was, it seems to have passed now.

Could have been server side. 

I didnt get a drop out last night from the game. Fingers crossed it stays that way. 

892 posts
7,853 battles
I can see my pings spike >100ms every now and then but it is largely around 30 under 50ms on the average. Mind you, I only have a 10Mbps line and I may or may not be downloading in the background and/or my wife streaming something on YouTube. So, I really think the bottleneck is on WG's end.