You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BottleneckedGaming

Sims is totally underpowered

83 comments in this topic

189 posts
4,857 battles

Hello forum again,

recently I got Sims from a christmas container

First: Sims is out of meta pretty much like most other USN ships (as CVs are also out of meta and AA is currently not a big requirement)

Second: USN DD guns are in general only suitable for DD combats (and in turn quite hopeless when being used against battleships)

which leads to the third reason: Most USN DD players use the B hulls which mean they'd always prefer having 5 main battery guns (instead of 4) and because the Sims only has 4 it's generally the losing ship in close quarter DD combats

Fifth reason: the torps are... just nearly unusable. The 9.2 km torps are way tooo slow whilst the other torpedo selection doesn't allow us to ninja torpedo (whilst the same tier researchable DD Mahan allows players to ninja torp ships)

And lastly... her AA isn't anything special and also same to her survivability

-> I got a ship that can't shoot, that can't torp and can't squat flies. My ship only gets mobility but the current meta on Asia server isn't about capping -> if I go cap then it's usually rush in alone and die!

So WG, Please Buff Sims!

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Nope, just Nope

in ranked 2 season ago. where it was tier 6-7 battle for rank 15 and up

the match was dominated by blyska and sims.

other DD just doesnt cut it.

Edited by ReNation

14 posts
5,160 battles

The Sims is essentially a C Hull Benson. A slightly nerfed Tier 8 ship that gets to see Tier 5. That's excellent!

Compared to the regular Tier 7 USN DD Mahan, SIms has:

• Faster firing guns
  • Faster rotating turrets
  • Longer gun range
  • Faster reloading torpedo tubes
  • Stealthiest torpedoes
  • Fastest USN DD
  • Amazing rudder shift time
  • Stealthier ship

Best used to bully enemy DDs and contesting caps. Easily one of the best DDs at Tier 7

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,764 battles

The Sims is one of the best DD's in the game.  Possibly the best tier for tier.  It's an absolute cap bully, it's torps are on a short c/d, it has def AA, it is the most maneuverable ship in the game.  The guns are excellent apart from the arcs, which are easy to get used to.

I'm pretty confident it doesn't need a buff.

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,304 battles

Buff Sims pls, myself and the rest of the owners will be very happy :trollface:

I dun mind buffs at all :hiding:

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Well even a whiner like me don't really have too much complain about the Sims.

If I am bad/outdated at everything then the Sims probably is the one I have the most experience on.

It is high skill cap ship, and the skill cap for learning to adopt to the Sims' gun is indeed quite steep, but it is quite good once you git gud with it.

The 9.2km Torps are not damage dealing Torps - they are for distractions.  If you want to deal damage, use the 5.5km torps - which is what I prefer as the Sims is "Decently" stealthy and getting in that range isn't too hard.

It's very fast and extremely nimble (I think (?) they buffed the rudder shift time a bit). Also it's one of the first ship people discover "Invisi-firing" on.

It's extremely rare for a reason, after all. I thought it's on sale a while ago for a bit, and then the last sale was wayyyyyyyy back in CBT. Out of the 3 ships at that time I choose the Sims, and I never regret it since then (Although I hate what I hate before - how their guns work).

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Actually yeah...... I will be glad if they buff it

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Strange...i won against 5 guns Mahan many times with my Sims, even one time i blindfired through the smoke and got that Mahan clean.

Also, I prefer the short range but stronger torp for Sims since i'm not a fan of long range torp. also when firing at a broadsiding Cruiser, I will switch to AP and then initiate my "multiple cits firing technique" that will sink any Cruiser smart enough to keep broadsiding in secs without the use of torps.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

While Sims only has 4 guns, they are the closed "base ring" mount, not the open pedestal mount. These guns have a higher RoF and transverse than the Mahan. So you don't really have a lesser DPM than Mahan.

And Sims' layout is a AB-XY, unlike Mahan's AB-P-XY, among which the P mount's angle of fire is quite limited.

And is firepower really all that super important in cap fighting? As many will support you, both cruisers and battleships.

451 posts
6,946 battles

sims > mahan because gun turrets are aimbot and the ship turns like AE86. it will gun down and outmaneuver a mahan anytime, anytime bro.

189 posts
4,857 battles

Nope, just Nope

in ranked 2 season ago. where it was tier 6-7 battle for rank 15 and up

the match was dominated by blyska and sims.

other DD just doesnt cut it.

well sure I'm a salty ranked player because I always get teamed up with the ones who love to care for themselves and not the team

An idiot will blame the brush when he cant produce a good painting.....

An idiot will never read the whole text for all the information

The Sims is so underpowered that nearly all the Rank 1 players were using the Sims (or Blyskawica) in ranked battles.

OK I really hate ranked

The Sims is essentially a C Hull Benson. A slightly nerfed Tier 8 ship that gets to see Tier 5. That's excellent!

Compared to the regular Tier 7 USN DD Mahan, SIms has:

• Faster firing guns
  • Faster rotating turrets
  • Longer gun range
  • Faster reloading torpedo tubes
  • Stealthiest torpedoes
  • Fastest USN DD
  • Amazing rudder shift time
  • Stealthier ship

Best used to bully enemy DDs and contesting caps. Easily one of the best DDs at Tier 7

One such situation that I almost never find myself into it. Most of the time the teams pretend to follow me and at the last moment they leave me alone and try to hold the cap with 3 CAs ganking

The Sims is one of the best DD's in the game.  Possibly the best tier for tier.  It's an absolute cap bully, it's torps are on a short c/d, it has def AA, it is the most maneuverable ship in the game.  The guns are excellent apart from the arcs, which are easy to get used to.

I'm pretty confident it doesn't need a buff.

cap bully? not the meta on this server lol

finally found another captain that wants to get a buff

the only thing i hate on this ship is her shitty torpedo. 5 torpedo hits on atago and she's still floating...

same here too

Well even a whiner like me don't really have too much complain about the Sims.

If I am bad/outdated at everything then the Sims probably is the one I have the most experience on.

It is high skill cap ship, and the skill cap for learning to adopt to the Sims' gun is indeed quite steep, but it is quite good once you git gud with it.

The 9.2km Torps are not damage dealing Torps - they are for distractions.  If you want to deal damage, use the 5.5km torps - which is what I prefer as the Sims is "Decently" stealthy and getting in that range isn't too hard.

It's very fast and extremely nimble (I think (?) they buffed the rudder shift time a bit). Also it's one of the first ship people discover "Invisi-firing" on.

It's extremely rare for a reason, after all. I thought it's on sale a while ago for a bit, and then the last sale was wayyyyyyyy back in CBT. Out of the 3 ships at that time I choose the Sims, and I never regret it since then (Although I hate what I hate before - how their guns work).

thanks for the tips - but how to distract people with torps?

189 posts
4,857 battles

Actually yeah...... I will be glad if they buff it

^_^

Strange...i won against 5 guns Mahan many times with my Sims, even one time i blindfired through the smoke and got that Mahan clean.

Also, I prefer the short range but stronger torp for Sims since i'm not a fan of long range torp. also when firing at a broadsiding Cruiser, I will switch to AP and then initiate my "multiple cits firing technique" that will sink any Cruiser smart enough to keep broadsiding in secs without the use of torps.

it's either RNG blesses you or the Mahans you faced are somehow unskilled. For me I only play well when I go red or when I have Krupp steel

wanna buff sims, i totally agree with you guys :trollface:

buff her so WG can't sell her anymore like kamikaze :hiding:

sure lol

Mahan - 5 guns at 15rpm = 75 rpm in total.

Sims - 4 guns at 18rpm = 72 rpm in total. Totally unplayable.

exactly what I thought

While Sims only has 4 guns, they are the closed "base ring" mount, not the open pedestal mount. These guns have a higher RoF and transverse than the Mahan. So you don't really have a lesser DPM than Mahan.
And Sims' layout is a AB-XY, unlike Mahan's AB-P-XY, among which the P mount's angle of fire is quite limited.
And is firepower really all that super important in cap fighting? As many will support you, both cruisers and battleships.

yep for me firepower is so important because the torps are wayyyyyyyyy to slow for anything

Pls don't hate me or get triggered when I say this : git gud? :trollface:

no offense but pls gimme something useful

sims > mahan because gun turrets are aimbot and the ship turns like AE86. it will gun down and outmaneuver a mahan anytime, anytime bro.

out maneuver? sure

gun down Mahan? meh, really...

Under-power???

...I can't forget how sim rip me and my fubuki into shred (back when fubuki still tier 8)

that's totally off the argument point, any IJN DDs that existed before the split all eat s*** when meeting any USN DDs at tier 5+

Super Tester
1,310 posts

^its not about u like or u hate ranked.

the REASON why ppl (and many rank 1  player) choose sims in ranked was : she is one of the best tier 7 DD (sharing prestige with blyska)

but oh well.. looking at ur general reply.

this is my last reply.

this is just another BAIT thread. i am out of here.

Edited by ReNation

189 posts
4,857 battles

^its not about u like or u hate ranked.

the REASON why ppl (and many rank 1  player) choose sims in ranked was : she is one of the best tier 7 DD (sharing prestige with blyska)

rank in my point of view is the room for trollers

much less of those stuff in random battles

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

if you cant see the sarcasm on some of the reply,, you really are something hahahahahaha

Edited by XP_On

451 posts
6,946 battles

u are cherrypicking replies. totally ignoring so many posts where sims eats bensons and mahans alive and go for the one reply where someone talked about ijn dd.

this thread should be closed because op doesnt have sufficient knowledge about the ship before posting.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Sims pretty much can handle her own unlike Mahan due to her speed that can technically outrun anything that aren't Russian DD. She can get out of danger and go cap faster Mahan, with one less turret is nothing for her really.