Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMASSydney

Teams and Tiers in Random Battles

9 comments in this topic

17 posts

I know this is probably a much discussed topic, but I have a question about the tiers in random battles...

I have been playing a lot of battles in my Konigsberg and Kirov (both tier V) the last few weeks.

Usually between them I will play about 10 to 15 random battles a day.

To my knowledge there is a -2/+2 range of tiers you are up against, but I always seem to be up against

the +2, with very, very little of the -2. I would say more than 95% of the battles have zero ships lower than tier V

and most tiers are in the VI and VII range.

I'm not having a whinge because it is good training, but is this just a tier V thing? Meaning, will I be playing

against more tier V and VI ships when I move up to VI and VII respectively? 

Interested in your thoughts...

40 posts
3,531 battles

currently t5 is notorious for being up tiered. however the rewards are higher for damaging higher tier ships.

so it can be a positive or negative depending on how you look at it. though T7 seems to be the go to tier now

17 posts

currently t5 is notorious for being up tiered. however the rewards are higher for damaging higher tier ships.

so it can be a positive or negative depending on how you look at it. though T7 seems to be the go to tier now

Thanks for your insight pumpkin... I thought it may have been a tier V thing.

213 posts
4,335 battles

Its the way MM works at tier V. Tier I-IV are +1/-1. Tier 7 up are +2/-2. 

Tier V and VI are +2/-1.

Have a look at this table to understand.

Unlike tier IX and X which are balanced with their advantageous MM considered for, tier V and VI have mostly not been rebalanced since the MM change, i.e. you will get up tiered an inordinate amount of time and your ship hasn't been balanced for it.

Due to the way V + VI ships get pushed into tier VII games, tier VII MM is fantastic.

Sign in to follow this