You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Is update 0.6.0 causing a decrease in battleship population or it's just normal?

31 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

So I played a game in my GK yesterday and noticed that there were only five battleships in total that game.

Three for us, two GK and a North Carolina. Two for the opponent, one GK and one Yamato.

Man I'v never seen so many GK in one game.

So I'm wondering if this patch has caused a decrease in battleship population? Due to the BoS and BFT being moved to level 3 and the implementation of IFHE.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

NOPE there are still lots of battleship around. people are started testing different build for ships, its natural that players try other ship classes too. i still play lots of battleship because of the nice Adrenaline Rush skill, at the same time i'm testing couple of viable builds for cruiser and DD's.

[SGC]
93 posts
6,373 battles

I've noticed this too, seems to be mainly Cruisers and Destroyers. 

Could be the IFHE changes, but remember this only really benefits a handful of ships with a real noticeable difference (not including low tiers).

Everyone was worried about the DD population and Radio Location but i think that's going to pass once people adjust, personally i would probably rather not see it in the game, but i don't think its a big deal.

Give things some time to settle down.

Edited by KillStealz

41 posts
7,953 battles

Yes this update is the cause of Decrease in BB population.. why.? because of BFT and BoS.. 

me my brother and 2 of my friends has stop playing BBs. they now play other ship type.. DD and CA because of ADRush and more Fires.. more pew pew.. with BB if you choose anti air skill which is too expensive and makes you burn and flood alot because u have no BoS..  if u choose  BoS your AA is Weak.. this skill update ruined the Battleship specs.. More Dildo battles now and Fires..

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles

Btw , this patch make any bb that is not a US one much more vulnerable to air attacks now , the 2x catapult FT is so slow against strike craft that it is hilarious.

Anyone notice that catapult FT will not follow a strikecraft if the cv player do not use auto aim on the bb ? I notice that if i use manual aim b4 going within range the FT will not chase the strikecraft by itself unless personally selected by the player, this is quite a trick to deal with BBabies.

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

BB population was excessive since they were very strong (and still are).  A small decrease in BB's per game can only be a good thing.

*look up the address bar on the browser GUI*

*check the address*

*confirmed domain name is .asia*

Man you've posted on the wrong forum, your comment is for WoWS NA's community, a server where people get closer and sail broadside obvious.

Here's the address for you, forum.worldofwarships. com

Edited by _Halcyon

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

This patch were good for BB

esp Germans

the lost of BoF were quite impactfull

but new skill layout quite enjoyable for BB, esp the new adrenaline rush

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

This patch were good for BB

esp Germans

the lost of BoF were quite impactfull

but new skill layout quite enjoyable for BB, esp the new adrenaline rush

Totally agreed on KM battleships become more powerful, almost the entire hull is immune to all cruiser HE except Spee's, and the fire prevention skill to counter fire.

But please remember our poor little Izumo! After getting burnt by Zao on a daily basis, now Izumo can be burnt bad by soviet T8 cruisers and 155mm-Mogami if they take IFHE. The 152/155/180 guns with high RoF can penetrate battleship hull with IFHE while preserving some pretty decent chance of fire. Just tested on Izumo, a Mikhail's 1/2 salvo with AB turrets can take 2k~3k direct damage off a Izumo.

Beta Tester
609 posts
6,780 battles

*look up the address bar on the browser GUI*

*check the address*

*confirmed domain name is .asia*

Man you've posted on the wrong forum, your comment is for WoWS NA's community, a server where people get closer and sail broadside obvious.

Here's the address for you, forum.worldofwarships. com

You're obviously playing a different game to me.  I have no idea how they play on NA, I can only go off what I see in each game.  Before 0.6.0 there were regularly 5-6 BB's per team, now I usually see 3-4.  Clearly a good thing for game balance.

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

Totally agreed on KM battleships become more powerful, almost the entire hull is immune to all cruiser HE except Spee's, and the fire prevention skill to counter fire.

But please remember our poor little Izumo! After getting burnt by Zao on a daily basis, now Izumo can be burnt bad by soviet T8 cruisers and 155mm-Mogami if they take IFHE. The 152/155/180 guns with high RoF can penetrate battleship hull with IFHE while preserving some pretty decent chance of fire. Just tested on Izumo, a Mikhail's 1/2 salvo with AB turrets can take 2k~3k direct damage off a Izumo.

Hull ? did you mean deck armor ?

most Fire pew-pew er fire from stand off range, so the shell usualy drop from steep angle to deck

but yea,Izumo need to move a bit more to avoid being fish in barrel

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

You're obviously playing a different game to me.  I have no idea how they play on NA, I can only go off what I see in each game.  Before 0.6.0 there were regularly 5-6 BB's per team, now I usually see 3-4.  Clearly a good thing for game balance.

If you want to say sth about over populated battleships, I'd say say the same to the cruisers.

Over the past two weeks, T10 battleships did a total of 89,618 games and T10 cruisers did a total of 88,584 games. I wonder how did you draw the conclusion of "battleships are OP and over populated"?

And do remember this, many players started playing this game with playing some of the most famed battleships in mind. But with all the battleship fans in the player population, I can't see any proof that battleships are over populated.

So here's why you see 5 battleships as over populated. Over the past two weeks, T10 destroyers only did 63,655 games.

Talk the same "OP and over populated" stuff with the cruiser players plz.

BTW, this is the stats for yesterday

T10 DD 4,590 games

T10 BB 6,182

T10 CA/CL 6,211

Edited by _Halcyon

268 posts
6,381 battles

Yes this update is the cause of Decrease in BB population.. why.? because of BFT and BoS.. 

me my brother and 2 of my friends has stop playing BBs. they now play other ship type.. DD and CA because of ADRush and more Fires.. more pew pew.. with BB if you choose anti air skill which is too expensive and makes you burn and flood alot because u have no BoS..  if u choose  BoS your AA is Weak.. this skill update ruined the Battleship specs.. More Dildo battles now and Fires..

This can only be a good thing I assume?

563 posts
4,686 battles

Before 0.6.0 there were regularly 5-6 BB's per team, now I usually see 3-4.  Clearly a good thing for game balance.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you mean 5-6 BB per MATCH?

11 posts
6,931 battles

I expect they will balance out after a while.  Testing skills and classes will take people some time to do.  

Please finish this line "I am too drunk to  ...."

345 posts
3,668 battles

What i notice myself is the decrease of cruiser population. There has been more BBs and overwhelmingly more DDs playing these days. 

It's not fun playing cruisers at the current meta except for the royal navy ones. The smoke protects you well from getting deleted early by multiple BBs. 

Edited by Loshirai14

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

What i notice myself is the decrease of cruiser population. There has been more BBs and overwhelmingly more DDs playing these days. 

It's not fun playing cruisers at the current meta except for the royal navy ones. The smoke protects you well from getting deleted early by multiple BBs. 

There are still more cruiser players than battleship players in the past week or so. And less destroyer players than either.

From t8 and up, at tier 8 Edinburgh is the second-least played cruiser in a one-week snapshot, beaten by Prinz Eugen. In t9, Neptune is the least-played cruiser. As for t10, that's Minotaur.

345 posts
3,668 battles

There are still more cruiser players than battleship players in the past week or so. And less destroyer players than either.

From t8 and up, at tier 8 Edinburgh is the second-least played server in one-week snapshot, beaten by Prinz Eugen. In t9, Neptune is the least-played cruiser. As for t10, that's Minotaur.

I'm currently playing around tier VI-VIII and based on what i experienced, there's a lot of DDs and BBs at those tiers.

Maybe because i don't care how many cruisers there are that i don't notice them much. 

I'm not saying that RN cruisers are played more. I'm just saying that they are safer to play than most cruisers. I am enjoying Leander myself. Being able to smoke and spam without any threat from BBs is a really good feeling.

Same thing with the farragut that i got from the event. I can't believe how fun it is to play the way where you just shoot without getting shot back at.

Edited by Loshirai14

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles

I'm currently playing around tier VI-VIII and based on what i experienced, there's a lot of DDs and BBs at those tiers.

Maybe because i don't care how many cruisers there are that i don't notice them much. 

I'm not saying that RN cruisers are played more. I'm just saying that they are safer to play than most cruisers. I am enjoying Leander myself. Being able to smoke and spam without any threat from BBs is a really good feeling.

Same thing with the farragut that i got from the event. I can't believe how fun it is to play the way where you just shoot without getting shot back at.

meanwhile above T8 the pubbies are actually competent enough to blind fire smoke