You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rouge42

Trying out torpedoboats

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which line is more preferable?

• Japanese DD
    • German DD

12 comments in this topic

440 posts
3,380 battles

Since DDs are on discount I decided to buy umikaze and v-25, but the question is which one should I grind up? And if so, why should I grind it up? I wanted to try IJN DDs but they're heavily nerfed and I don't want my time wasted on them, I mean I can go and follow the akizuki line and just stay there if that's better. German DDs their only nerf was the gun boom detection radius and the consumables, and I don't even know how are the high tier ones since it's like a mixed review. 

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

for IJN I recommend Akizuki before get Shimakaze

IFHE can make DDs nightmare any nation

AA superb

20r/m 

if you got detected RDF by DD, don't be scare you got 4 turret dual gun and you can pen (if you have IFHE) any DDs

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Torpedo Boat? between German and Japan?

German : 

• Great Torpedo Characteristic.
  • Fast Torpedo, even getting faster
  • Stealthy Torpedos, perfect ambush torp
  • Fast Reload Torp
  • Crap Torpedo Damage

Japan :

• Great Torpedo Damage (super B damage, if only it hit the target)
  • Yugumo and Shima has the Access to the fastest torp in the game (Type F3)
  • Speed ranging from slow to fast
  • Slow reload
  • Crap detection, very unstealthy, IJN has the worst torp detection.

I am talking about the torpedo, which is determine the worthiness of Torpedo Boat. not the boat it self.

Edited by ReNation

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

German : 

• Great Torpedo Characteristic.
  • Fast Torpedo, even getting faster
  • Stealthy Torpedos, perfect ambush torp
  • Fast Reload Torp
  • Crap Torpedo Damage

you forgot

buff HE plz

1,126 posts

IJNDD have the most powerful torpedo... but you need miracle for it to hit something.

I even try hardcore set up, F3+TA = 81 knot torpedo 6.4 km range

but CA still dodge it as easy as pie when their catapult plane spotting it

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,499 battles

I wont recommend US dd as torp dedicated boat because from the Benson up you only have 2x5 torp setup with over 2 min of reload. You wont get to spam torp or use torp frequently enough to make a difference , it is there if you want it but it is not your main armanent.

IJN has much more flexible torp setup with 3x5 which can flood an area with so much torp that no one will want to go into choke points , and with 3 sets you can use 2 and save the last one for emergency.

KM dd is a bit weird , their torp are fast reload but deal crap damage to bb. They are the choice to go if you miss alot and dont have the skill to predict target course yet. Their tier 6 and lower are a pain to grind through though so beware

440 posts
3,380 battles

I wont recommend US dd as torp dedicated boat because from the Benson up you only have 2x5 torp setup with over 2 min of reload. You wont get to spam torp or use torp frequently enough to make a difference , it is there if you want it but it is not your main armanent.

IJN has much more flexible torp setup with 3x5 which can flood an area with so much torp that no one will want to go into choke points , and with 3 sets you can use 2 and save the last one for emergency.

KM dd is a bit weird , their torp are fast reload but deal crap damage to bb. They are the choice to go if you miss alot and dont have the skill to predict target course yet. Their tier 6 and lower are a pain to grind through though so beware

yeah I'm starting to think I should go for german DDs. My torpedo aiming sucks really bad :D

213 posts
4,335 battles

As torpedo boats go; IJN is without question the best. Don't let people here tell you can't hit with them - it's just a matter of doing it right.

Having said that, there are some stinkers on the line. Tier for tier, the best torpedo boats in the game are:

1. Kamikaze/Fujin- grossly OP seal clubbing

2.Shiratsuyu - 16 fish in the water at tier 7

3. Kagero - 5.4km detect (build with torp accel + reload booster

Although I have not tried, Yugamo looks decent but by tier IX you've got Fletchers, Gearings + all the radar and hydro CAs making your life miserable.

Shimakaze makes lovely 15 torp F3 spread but it's not stealthy or maneuverable enough to reliably get into good firing positions.

Akizuki, while a fine ship, isn't even a torpedo boat - not what you are looking for.