Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TSilverwing

Can someone confirm these 3 new skill description please.

6 comments in this topic

43 posts
6,031 battles

** Skill Description from Patchnote not from in game **

1. Preventive Maintenance: -30% to the risk of incapacitation of modules.

Does this skill effect AA and secondary gun? (if effect AA, I think this skill will good for BB specialize in AA)

2. Adrenaline Rush: increases reload speed of all armaments as the ship's HP decreases -0.2% to reload time of all types of armament for each 1% of HP lost.

As many thread this skill was confirm to not active with secondary gun at this moment (but it'll implement in next patch). The question is: Does it active with Torpedo tube? (As I'm testing, It does not active for torpedo reload time.) Do they implement next patch? (need someone confirm before the resetting skill event end, to choose to keep it for waiting next patch or remove it.)

3. Inertia Fuse for HE Shells (IFHE): it will increase the armour penetration capacity of HE shells fired from both main and secondary battery guns, at the expense of decreasing the probability of setting the enemy ship on fire.

-3% to chance of fire on target caused by HE shell
            +30% to the armour penetration capacity of HE shells

Does this skill increase HE damage if not Pen? (This will increase average DMG of HE with reducing fire chance). I suspect this because normal HE calculate damage when the shot hit ship, if that zone has good armor HE damage will reduce significantly (this why low alpha damage in HE from akizuki deal 0 damage very often), but with this skill I don't sure about it mechanic to calculate damage (I saw akizuki and atlanta melt BB in 1-2 minute).

Thanks for everyone who answer.

Edited by TSilverwing

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

** Skill Description from Patchnote not from in game **

1. Preventive Maintenance: -30% to the risk of incapacitation of modules.

Does this skill effect AA and secondary gun? (if effect AA, I think this skill will good for BB specialize in AA)

2. Adrenaline Rush: increases reload speed of all armaments as the ship's HP decreases -0.2% to reload time of all types of armament for each 1% of HP lost.

As many thread this skill was confirm to not active with secondary gun at this moment (but it'll implement in next patch). The question is: Does it active with Torpedo tube? (As I'm testing, It does not active for torpedo reload time.) Do they implement next patch? (need someone confirm before the resetting skill event end, to choose to keep it for waiting next patch or remove it.)

3. Inertia Fuse for HE Shells (IFHE): it will increase the armour penetration capacity of HE shells fired from both main and secondary battery guns, at the expense of decreasing the probability of setting the enemy ship on fire.

-3% to chance of fire on target caused by HE shell
            +30% to the armour penetration capacity of HE shells

Does this skill increase HE damage if not Pen? (This will increase average DMG of HE with reducing fire chance). I suspect this because normal HE calculate damage when the shot hit ship, if that zone has good armor HE damage will reduce significantly (this why low alpha damage in HE from akizuki deal 0 damage very often), but with this skill I don't sure about it mechanic to calculate damage (I saw akizuki and atlanta melt BB in 1-2 minute).

Thanks for everyone who answer.

1. NO, devs has confirmed that it don't work on secondary guns and AA. because secondary guns and AA don't get knock out. they are either working or destroyed.

2. yes i do believe that adrenaline rushes affect torpedo as well. next patch it will also affect secondary guns reload. i used it on my gearing and atago aside from battleship.

3. no. this skill only increase the penetration of HE shell, not damage. but it increased HE performance by allowing HE shell to penetrate and do damage to parts of ship they don't normally penetrate. Thus it increase overall HE damage output, but lowered fire damage output.

there's a game on my bellfast where i do 80k HE damage alone. (not counted fires and AP)

here's the table made by Amade to help you understand the effect of HEAP on calibers of guns.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/21509-is-inertia-fuze-for-he-ifhe-worth-it/

EDIT: about adrenaline rush. TBH i haven't fully tested it on torpedo reload speed. because i do believe they affect all weapons of ship. (even flamu believe they affect torpedo)

also there's that infamous ichase video featuring old adrenaline rush, where it greatly reduce shima torpedo resulting into division of shima wall of skill torpedo soup meta.

Edited by yansuki

43 posts
6,031 battles

1. NO, devs has confirmed that it don't work on secondary guns and AA. because secondary guns and AA don't get knock out. they are either working or destroyed.

2. yes adrenaline rushes affect torpedo as well. next patch it will also affect secondary guns reload. i used it on my gearing and atago aside from battleship.

3. no. it only increase the penetration of HE shell but not damage. but it increased HE performance by allowing HE shell to penetrate and do damage to parts of ship they don't normally penetrate. Thus it increase overall HE damage output, but lowered fire damage output.

there's a game on my bellfast where i do 80k HE damage alone.

Thanks for the answer. I'll test trop reload time again. Maybe the countdown time of torpedo tube still bug when I testing (I test just right when patch come out with still has bug about 25 gold per 1 skill point reset).

-----------------------------------------------------------

here's the table made by Amade to help you understand the effect of HEAP on calibers of guns

Thanks. I already read his table and another one with YNN and YYN format (Those were Penetrate mechanic without angle), but no one provide about damage calculator when HE hit the armor (Alpha damage with armor thickness), which I suspect.

------------------------------------------------------------

Tested Adrenaline Rush - Already effect Torpedo reload time (Test at 3:24 AM 21/1/2017).

Edited by TSilverwing

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Update. i tested it few minutes ago with my sims and yes adrenaline rush affect torpedo reload as well. sims base torpedo reload is 64.8 sec (with torpedo reload expertise. when i was damage up to red it was down to 50ish reload.

the UI doesnt get updated but you can see the effect when you fired the torpedoes.

Edited by yansuki

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,493 battles

I already read his table and another one with YNN and YYN format (Those were Penetrate mechanic without angle), but no one provide about damage calculator when HE hit the armor (Alpha damage with armor thickness), which I suspect.

HE will either penetrate for normal damage (0.33, unless area is saturated) or fail to penetrate for zero damage. Penetrating damage is not reduced by armour thickness. Also, unlike AP, angles are not considered for HE.

Example 1: 152mm HE shell with IFHE has a penetration of 33mm. Let's say you're being chased by a North Carolina and your shell hits it right on the bow. NC bow armour is 32mm. Your shell hits the armour plate at an extreme angle but that is not considered for HE so it still penetrates normally and possibly starts a fire.

Example 2: The same situation as above, but without IFHE. Penetration is 25mm. Shell breaks up on the 32mm plate and does zero damage, but may still start a fire.

Edited by Unraveler

43 posts
6,031 battles

HE will either penetrate for normal damage (0.33, unless area is saturated) or fail to penetrate for zero damage. Penetrating damage is not reduced by armour thickness. Also, unlike AP, angles are not considered for HE.

Example 1: 152mm HE shell with IFHE has a penetration of 33mm. Let's say you're being chased by a North Carolina and your shell hits it right on the bow. NC bow armour is 32mm. Your shell hits the armour plate at an extreme angle but that is not considered for HE so it still penetrates normally and possibly starts a fire.

Example 2: The same situation as above, but without IFHE. Penetration is 25mm. Shell breaks up on the 32mm plate and does zero damage, but may still start a fire.

Ok, I already get it.

IFHE help penetrate and do damage to parts of ship they don't normally penetrate like yansuki said, but if not pen it still do only 0 damage.

Thank you very much.

Sign in to follow this