You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Myoko nightmare ....

36 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

Just heard that there will be a special 6th Myoko for Lunar New Year.
Is the Myoko class that famous ? Hell , i have 5 Myokos already in the shipyard and this one will be the 6th.

WG why , just why ?

If it doesnt have anything special about it then it just another copy paste paint product and nothing new. I mean i am grateful for it but it is too bland and not very impressing.

Btw , does anyone know the technical detail behind the "C" or third turret of Myoko face backward ? I mean why not let it face forward for more use and the same can be said to the turret grouping of the Izumo

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Just heard that there will be a special 6th Myoko for Lunar New Year.

Is the Myoko class that famous ? Hell , i have 5 Myokos already in the shipyard and this one will be the 6th.

WG why , just why ?

If it doesnt have anything special about it then it just another copy paste paint product and nothing new. I mean i am grateful for it but it is too bland and not very impressing.

Btw , does anyone know the technical detail behind the "C" or third turret of Myoko face backward ? I mean why not let it face forward for more use and the same can be said to the turret grouping of the Izumo

there was a tale :

there used to be only 1..... myoko...

the 1 in the tech tree

then wargaming got a collaboration contract with "Arpegio Blue Steel" anime/manga.

the "Arpegio Blue Steel" is featuring the 4 myoko sisters and 4 kongo sisters in colorfull tribal marking.

and ofcourse, doing the collaboration mean that WG has to provide Arpegio like vessel in the game.

this doesnt take to much resource, coz all WG need to do is just create new texture skin for them. the model is already available in game afterall.

and then the 4 extra ARP kongos and 4 extra ARP myokos was born. and was obtainable through mission back in 2016.

and if u dont know, there is chinese version of WoWs that published by chinese game publisher. (iirc china doesnt let foreign game dev to publish by their own game, they must make contract to let local publisher to publish their game in china)

and the chinese publisher apparently want their own version of ARP ship, then another 2 extra myokos with dragon drawing in their hull was born. (southern dragon[yellow] and eastern dragon[blue])

so yeah. there are 7 myokos available in the game client as right now.

now back to reality

because its historically facing backward.

Wikipedia

Google Images

as for izumo

iirc it was one of yamato design study.

and one of the variation was to incorporate nelson like turret layout (all 3 forward turets)

there are 2 variation that has 3 forward turrets.

1. all facing forward.

2. turret 3 facing backward.

and apparently WG choose to make the 1 with 1 turret facing backward. coz it similiar with some IJN cruiser turret layout. (myokos and takaos), and to make her visual unique and different when compared with nelson.

Edited by ReNation

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

To make magazines and engines more compact and then shortening the armor required to protect those section. it also  shortening the belt over the magazines

Low High Low arrangement were kinda popular weight saving turret arrangement in Treaty Era Ships.

Aside from myoko, takao, there also Nelson class and Brocklyn class which have similiar arrangement.

on Nelson class, the layout result in the elimination two transverse armor bulkheads, saving tons of weight

those were ships that designed with limited displacement that allowed by treaty

so they try to min-maxing their builds

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Well. Only a weirdo who will keep Normal Myoko in her port after she unlock Mogami

Guess i am a weirdo then since i'm still keeping Normal Myoko along with 4 ARP Myokos since my Normal Myoko is a dedicate AA platform. She's a good ship so why shouldn't i keep her?

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Guess i am a weirdo then since i'm still keeping Normal Myoko along with 4 ARP Myokos since my Normal Myoko is a dedicate AA platform. She's a good ship so why shouldn't i keep her?

u havent buy mogami?

well with all thse myoko you can have 5 different build right?

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

I'm in ti for the dragon flags... Need to get my Benson captain from 17 points to 19 points and start accumulating those elite captain xps. 

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

u havent buy mogami?

well with all thse myoko you can have 5 different build right?

I did have Mogami and even grinded to Ibuki but still keep Myoko since she has been with me for so long that i'm reluctant to sell her (and her commander)

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
244 posts
12,807 battles

​And you can use different camos  with the vanilla Myoko. 

Having a bunch of Myokos is handy for modded EXP missions by cycling through them for the 1st win bonus each day.

Video Contributor
2,259 posts
10,782 battles

in-game tier 7.9 if with DE and BURN!:trollface:

AA is ok

speed is ok

armor is ok

rubber is gooooooooooood

concealment lowest of Myoko 11.4km

HE is gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Edited by Onlinegamer

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I reckon War Gaming Asia could have done a better job for lunar new year than to make a 6th or 7th Myoko reskin. Come on War Gaming. We know that you are better than that. I wouldn't mind if this is a 2nd or 3rd Myoko reskin. But the fact that this is the 7th one is just downright annoying. Perhaps rewarding the players who complete the mission with a completely new Taiwanese ship would be a better choice. At this rate we probably have around 15 Myokos by the ene of the year

440 posts
3,379 battles

lol by the end of the year I'll probably have :

6 myokos (4 arp and 2 dragons (if they'll release the second one))

5 kongos (4 arp and 1 haifuri (maybe?))

[LBAS]
4,460 posts
25,598 battles

lol by the end of the year I'll probably have :

6 myokos (4 arp and 2 dragons (if they'll release the second one))

5 kongos (4 arp and 1 haifuri (maybe?))

Hai furi: Harekaze Hiei Musashi GrafSpee

biggest question is Musashi

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

The dragon boats were originally created for the Mainland China server as a "ARP for China". So we had ARP, but the Mainland China server wasn't allowed to add these contents into the game, copyright issues IIRC.(the Mainland China server wasn't run directly by Wargaming but by "Kongzhong net" so they don't get a collaboration with ARP)

Super Tester
1,310 posts

yeah. dragon ship already in game since MID last year. as ARP ship for China server.

WG doesnt made it specifically for this moment(lunar new year)

its just, the moment right now is right for making it available for us.

for new user that wasn't able to grab any ARP myoko's last year

[LBAS]
4,460 posts
25,598 battles

yeah. dragon ship already in game since MID last year. as ARP ship for China server.

WG doesnt made it specifically for this moment(lunar new year)

its just, the moment right now is right for making it available for us.

for new user that wasn't able to grab any ARP myoko's last year

requirement for get this ship is T5, after that more Dragon in battles more lost with Dragon