Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Captain skills for North Carolina and Iowa

6 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hi all. Since the new patch came out I've been having difficulties when it comes to choosing captain skill for my North Carolina and Iowa. I am mainly an AA guy but I also enjoy mid range combat (well more like NC and Iowa enjoys mid range combat). As of the moment... I am not entirely sure which build will be best for me. Right now my my AA/Stealth build for NC consists of
PM

EM

BFT
AFT
MAA
and CE.
Alternatively I can also remove CE for BOS as I miss having a 30 seconds fire duration :(. What do you think..... 
I really want to have a good NC build because I suck in her and I want to improve :(
Look at my pathetic stats :(
WOWS%20NC%20STATS_zps4dykizrr.png

I am even worse in my Iowa. 
Iowa%20stats_zpsyvexitcz.png

And I have no idea what skills to go for . I still want it to revolve around AA and stealth because I am just waiting for CVs to become viable again :teethhappy:.
Help me !

Also. I would like to see everyone build as well. The new update did indeed bring plenty of skills diversity. Not looking at other players build will make you.... ignorant

​Pst... I know that you guys think that I am trolling with my stats but I believe that I can do much better than that. I believe that having good captain skills will directly improve my stats
Go ahead. SPAM THE SUGGESTIONS AND SKILLS !!! :red_button:

Edited by silenthunter19944

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

If you want to keep the AA, there's not much to switch around except CE. You could replace it with one 3-point and one 2-point skill, such as Vigilance and High Alert, or BoS and Adrenaline Rush. Scrapping the concealment completely and using the Acquisition module combined with Vigilance will give you a lot of torpedo warning time.

On my North Carolina, I went with Dual Catapult instead of PM, but it's not of much consequence either way.

Edited by Unraveler

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

There's also BoS, CE and Fire Prevention for ultimate bowtanking, but you'll probably have to drop BFT/AFT for that.

I can live without fire prevention purely because of the fact that if I get set on fire 'that much' I would probably die from the HE spam anyway. 

It's a choice between SI,CE and BoS... which one would you recommend?

783 posts
4,810 battles

There's not exactly a lot of room for skills to operate if you're pushing for both stealth and AA already.

Sure you could change up your BFT to BoS or SI or even Vigi if you're fine with your MAA doing most of the AA.

But those two BBs benefit greatly from CE that removing that isn't really that good an option. :hiding:

If you have lots of Elite Commander EXP, you can switch around an AA or an All-around captain for the ship. Which the latter will be more survivability built (FP/BoS/JoAT)

Sign in to follow this