Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

how to deal with akizuki

22 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,550 battles

bored of having to fight akizuki all the time with my kiev, blys and leningrad

especially with kiev which have poor concealmant and akizuki always got a head start knowing where i am then it keeps dumping shells even trying to get away takes alot of HP away

maybe i should stop playing russian dd, its ijn ijn ijn dd everywhere now also sick of sailing everywhere detected :ohmy:

634 posts
6,185 battles

Well first: all ur ships are tier 7, akizuki is tier 8. There is no way you can outfight akizuki completely. Deal with it. Get a tier 8 dd or risk losing.

Second: keep ur self angled. Akizuki can deal lots of damage, if the shells actually penetrate, Russian DD, having good armour, can bounce lots of shells if angled.

Third:, dont get close, akizuki has a very fast firing rate, dangerous when closed in. And remember, it is slow as hell. Outrun it is a very good option.

P.S: IJN DDs are the most underpowered DDs in the game with the lowest WRs. They're not OP at all.

Source: a proud owner of akizuki

Edited by TorpedoBeat

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Just bow tank her and laugh as shells bounce off meaninglessly while you take her apart with just your frontal guns.

If you get too close use your smoke to make a turn, and laugh while a-... rear tanking her while sinking her with your stern turret(s).

Akizuki is free food even for tier VI DDs for as long as they know how to deal with her cute 10cm guns.

Edited by Retia

[SXLCE]
40 posts
3,230 battles

Just bow tank her and laugh as shells bounce off meaninglessly while you take her apart with just your frontal guns.

That's only work if he doesn't have IFHE. Most competent aizuki will have IFHE for random.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

If you see an Akizuki:

Step 1: Don't show it your broadside. Showing it your broadside is asking for 1-1.5k salvoes every 2 seconds

Step 2: Pray it doesn't have IFHE.

If it doesn't have IFHE, run away if you're tier 7 and under - turn, smoke, start WSADing. Above tier 7, charge it and laugh as its shells bounce harmlessly off you.

If it has IFHE, well, pray you weren't ambushed by it and can't run. IFHEAKZK is basically a slow, stealthy Khabarovsk at t8

You could also try torping it, but it takes two torpedo hits to kill a full health Akizuki.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

That's only work if he doesn't have IFHE. Most competent aizuki will have IFHE for random.

Yeah, but if it has IFHE you'll easily notice with the first few hits, then smoke/remove your presence and go be somewhere else.

381 posts
9,957 battles

If you get too close use your smoke to make a turn, and laugh while a-... rear tanking her while sinking her with your stern turret(s).

Akizuki is free food even for tier VI DDs for as long as they know how to deal with her cute 10cm guns.

If an Akizuki get killed in a gunfight by any t6 DD (assuming equal health), we can jump straight to this conclusion: the Akizuki player is braindead.

Akizuki never have trouble with t6/7 DD since its HE can penetrate their bow/stern armor without IFHE. 

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,550 battles

Uh... if you don't wanna be spotted go play IJN DD then, why are you even playing Russian and don't wanna be spotted?

because i like russian dd and its always i'm the only russian dd and add both side 6 dd but 5 is ijn dd and i get spotted all the time getting shells from everywhere and i have to play passive which is boring and i cant sit in smoke risk being torp and there is a difference being spotted while still have a target to shoot at than being spotted with no target in sight

so the solution is just run now as surely every player will put IFHE on it lol

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

Try division up with a strike carrier , Akizuki are extremely vulnerable to be air torpped by a good cv carrier.

It is one of the easier dd to torp beside the Russian dd that have truck turning abilities.

If enemy dd is dead or forced to withdraw your jobs will be much easier

783 posts
4,808 battles

For practicality when you do meet an Akizuki (for all purposes assuming it has IFHE) in your DD, it's best to run if you're not confident in taking it out of the fight (ie. if it has low HP or something). You can rest easy that it won't be chasing you with its 33kn.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,856 battles

Recheck your fact, all t6 DD has 16mm and less everywhere, Akizuki will just straight up murder them even without IFHE. Even majority of t7 has 16mm and less 

because i like russian dd and its always i'm the only russian dd and add both side 6 dd but 5 is ijn dd and i get spotted all the time getting shells from everywhere and i have to play passive which is boring and i cant sit in smoke risk being torp and there is a difference being spotted while still have a target to shoot at than being spotted with no target in sight

How is shooting from 10km away passive?

Press Y kite away and no one can touch you, when Y is CD you go bit further and go closer again once Y is ready

Also if you are being shot from 5 directions by 12 enemies that's when you should stop and think where the hell are you.

671 posts
1,508 battles

If you feel Russian DD playstyle is too passive, basically everything is passive for you. It requires skill and at higher tiers players DO know the danger of a good Russian DD player. Basically, Russian DDs are as passive as running away from a cheetah thats going to eat you.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Recheck your fact, all t6 DD has 16mm and less everywhere, Akizuki will just straight up murder them even without IFHE. Even majority of t7 has 16mm and less

Without IFHE?

I had no issues against Akizukis unless I broadsided them with any of my DDs and I mainly play tier V-VII...

The one sole danger was being broadsided against one and for some reason having replaced my brain with bread and staying broadsided,

the rest was dangling in front of their sinking hulls.

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Well first: all ur ships are tier 7, akizuki is tier 8. There is no way you can outfight akizuki completely. Deal with it. Get a tier 8 dd or risk losing.

Second: keep ur self angled. Akizuki can deal lots of damage, if the shells actually penetrate, Russian DD, having good armour, can bounce lots of shells if angled.

Third:, dont get close, akizuki has a very fast firing rate, dangerous when closed in. And remember, it is slow as hell. Outrun it is a very good option.

P.S: IJN DDs are the most underpowered DDs in the game with the lowest WRs. They're not OP at all.

Source: a proud owner of akizuki

you know most akizuki now has HEAP so angling wont help.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,856 battles

Without IFHE?

I had no issues against Akizukis unless I broadsided them with any of my DDs and I mainly play tier V-VII...

The one sole danger was being broadsided against one and for some reason having replaced my brain with bread and staying broadsided,

the rest was dangling in front of their sinking hulls.

Placebo effect, you fought a stubborn Akizuki who use AP even when you angled, had she use HE you are toasted. I also never had problem with Akizuki because I avoided her like a plague, angling to negate her gun dmg completely only work on t8 and above

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

no, just run, run away, akizukis can kill even gearings easily now with IFHE, there's no point in fighting them with any DDs, if you see one then just FTGO and hope the akizuki has bad aim and cat kill shoot straight enough to kill you

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

How to deal with Akizuki?

You don't

This DD, when armed with IFHE, is literally the second most dangerous T8 ship after an IFHE Mikhail Kutuzov.  Its only downsides are poor maneuverability and speed, being the slowest DD now.  So what you do when facing one is to RUN, RUN AND DUMP TORPS, Akizuki cannot outrun you, and maneuvres poorly, so all you can do is to run and  pray he eats your torps.  Unless you have CA/CL support or are a skilled Gearing player yourself, then you can attempt to deal with it in your DD.

451 posts
6,946 battles

before IFHE akizuki was garbage. now it is insanely strong. that being said it cannot run from focus fire and its cruiser handling means it will eat massive damage from bb ap.

your target shouldnt be akizukis, it should be cruisers and battleships from 12km+. play to your strengths because that is your job - to make enemies waste their gun cooldown on you instead of your friends, as well as DOTing enemies to death with fire.

You are not supposed to seek enemy DDs as Kiev, that simply is not your job. they didnt give you that terrible concealment for no reason - you WANT to be seen.

Edited by Kleiss

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Placebo effect, you fought a stubborn Akizuki who use AP even when you angled, had she use HE you are toasted. I also never had problem with Akizuki because I avoided her like a plague, angling to negate her gun dmg completely only work on t8 and above

Yeah, some of them kept using AP, but others didn't and still sank.

Then again I played against them like I used to play JP DD vs. US DD gun duels back during release, i.e. focus on dodging and getting shots in

whenever it's feasible.

Hence the damage I took was half a salvo tops.

Sign in to follow this