Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

Mikasa

14 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,617 battles

Hey guys, 

The Mikasa is on sale! For only $13 AUD. 

Being the only Tier II battleship, I was initially interested in getting one, thinking I'll have a great time citadel-ling every other Tier I, II and III cruiser that I come across, but then I read about the apparently horrifying primary armament firing arcs and the crappy HE. The firing arcs are horrible to the point where unless you broadside the enemy, you can only bring either the Anton or the Caesar turret to bear on the enemy. 

Two guns + thirty second reload = 4 shots per second if I angle. That is a travesty for a battleship. 

Obviously the Mikasa is one for the collector, and not a very expensive one at that, but has anyone here had the Mikasa before? How did they find playing it?

If nobody replies I'll just buy myself one anyway (I'll skip lunch at work on Monday to pay for it, to make myself feel better if I think the ship is a ripoff) and check it out. 

40 posts
3,531 battles

Mikasa's primary's are terrible. however its secondary's are terrifying best option is secondary build and sail close to everything then enjoy watching the chaos.:trollface:

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Tier II will only face tier II and Tier III. 

u want to buy a battle ship that will constantly face a cruiser and a destroyer 1 tier above you?

it used to be good because u have chance to face  a tier 1 victims...

[AE]
202 posts
9,515 battles

Primaries are good for a few hits per battle  - but at 5k damage or so, that aint bad. Yes, the secondaries are the bomb. Its nice to look at  - a monitor battleship or pre-dreadnought, so a bit unique. It does come up against South Carolinas and the like, so beware. Its a novelty ship. Price of a movie ticket. Even if you use it against bots its worth the money. To be fair to it, the tier 3 BBs are pretty crap as well. DDs will be your primary danger - whereas cruisers are dead meat against you.

[AE]
202 posts
9,515 battles

She is a nice looking novelty ship - price of a movie admission. So if your a middle aged man, cool. If your a kid, then bigger decision. To be fair to it, its a beast against cruisers. They die quick. Its the DDs you have to concentrate on.

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

Mikasa is only useful to enjoy fireworks against bots.

This!

Unless you are really good,best to take into Co-Op,close to 3km secondary range and let the secondaries chew up the bots.Like RisaFujiyama said its nice to watch the fireworks it produces!

Also on the primaries they usually work like this:

One turret will fire its 2 shells and if you aimed properly will hit the target..

The other turret will fire its 2 shells and those will end up on opposite sides of the map.

This will happen every time you fire from what I have found!

980 posts
12,617 battles

Thanks for the reply guys. 

I'm really torn. I know it will probably a waste of money. 

But... Maybe one day when WG make the legendary commanders, and give us Togo, then it will be epic

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

Thanks for the reply guys. 

I'm really torn. I know it will probably a waste of money. 

But... Maybe one day when WG make the legendary commanders, and give us Togo, then it will be epic

I got mine for free on the NA server:they didn't want to make people pay for it due to its bad rep,so they had a mission to get it.

I probably wouldn't pay for it though myself.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,930 battles

You should also consider how much you would use it these days with WoWs running lots of missions & campaigns requiring T5 and above ships. I've been reluctant to use even my T4 ships much at all this year as they aren't contributing towards the mission achievements.

However if you like the ship and enjoy tooling about in it that could be enough to justify the cost of purchasing it for you.

159 posts
3,374 battles

Apparently it's not recommended. The terrible mains guns are somewhat compensated for by the powerful secondaries but only the very inexperienced will venture close enough to make good use of them.

Glacial speed & poor detection range mean this will not be a fun ship to play.

That said, I just brought it. You should too- even if it's just to have as a collectors ship.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

My Mikasa has the distinction of being the only ship in my port ever to lose a Co-Op match. Yes, she's bad. Real bad.

Forget the secondaries, they look nice but they still can't hit anything. She desperately needs the Secondary Range/Dispersion module that's not available until Tier 5. Also her lack of Main Gun performance truly has to be seen to be believed.

Her real value is being very tanky in Tier 2 matches. She won't be dealing much damage, but with survivability skills she can soak up a lot of enemy fire and allow your Cruiser teammates free reign to circle aimlessly or ride the map border the entire match.

Sign in to follow this