You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

Battleship who only fired HE.

29 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

anybody here encounter in there games where a battleship only fires HE or mainly HE most of the times?

lately i encounter some players even at higher tier who only fire HE. its really annoying because not only they do consistent damage, they can destroy lots of module an starts lots of fires. specially with battleship fire chances.

the most notorious BB i saw is Fusou, i encounter lots of fusou who fire only HE. i even saw her bring down an angled full HE mikhail kutuzov to 3k. kutuzov manage to sink her with AP, but she sank kutuzov with fires few seconds later.

tbh, i kinda tried firing some HE on my USN BB too. specially against angled BB. but when i do it, i miss my chances do deal massive or one shot some cruisers. so i still uses AP most of the time and just hold my fire till i find and opportunity.

what do you think about BB who mainly uses HE?

Edited by yansuki

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
410 posts
15,039 battles

Ishizuchi and Dunkerque I'm using HE 90% of the time. When the Texas is over penning again and again I'll often switch to HE just so I don't feel like killing myself, but generally speaking I don't see other BBs using HE very often at all.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I found 1 player with IFHE and OMG you hit me 10k per savlo 

That game I played Yamato and Amagi trid to hit me with HE only

yep. i got hit by amagi with 10k HE volley on  my angled Bismarck before. it also start fires and break module. its so annoying... i saw some montana,north carolina and iowa doing it too.

1,162 posts

Actually I am the few BB who fire HE for first half of the battle.

My rule of thumb is if you bottom tier you punish the upper tier with HE. And burn as many BB as you can, once they use DCP, cruiser can use their HE to punish even more, once those BB turns to run then you strike them with AP to their broadside. But if you upper tier you own the biggest gun you load AP.

Lets be honest Bismarck cant do jack crap with that stupid small caliber AP when all those t8-10 BB angled.

I even roast a kurfust,montana with fires.

About Fuso, yes that is valid tactics, I met one Fuso in RB he only use HE and he got like 3confederate, 3highcaliber, 2kraken in 4 match (2 match with him,2 match against him) and damage per match is 150k with KDR 12-15, he did the same on Amagi.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

You'd think BBs are limited to 1 type of shell only? :D

33er94y.jpg

2jcer08.jpg

wow, nice dank kurfust there. i will try it with NC as she got seagull for that 75% chance shell. :great:

[PANTS]
188 posts

It's fun to fire HE at bow in BB's. At times ppl will underestimate BB's HE shell, that is until yesterday (or a day before) one of my clan mates telling us in teamspeak 

"Err, Yamato firing HE" 

:hiding::hiding::hiding:

Edited by AkaNoPoi

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,063 battles

Amagis fire HE all the time these days, I have also seen Missouri's & Tirpitz's firing HE all game as well. While there is nothing wrong with Firing HE in a BB It's the knowing when to switch back to AP that many players don't understand.

Personally I don't feel guilty firing HE in my Montana at an angled Yamato or Kurfurst.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,832 battles

I am actually using a GK firing FULL 100% HE.

Build is IFHE, Manual Sec and CE.

Basically I am a Zao that cant get Citadeled because lol 136mm HE pen.

Bow on Yamato? hahahaha eat 8k salvo and 2 fires.

118zrxc.jpg

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

wow. i'm surprise to the result of your games you guys posted.

i will try HEAP on bismarck with 2ndary build or stealth build because i saw this on amade post

380 DE 95   118.75 119   123.5 124   Allows citadel hit with HE on tier 7-10 UKCL. Same as +25%.

gonna give those RN CL a little loving. :trollface:

Beta Tester
913 posts

anybody here encounter in there games where a battleship only fires HE or mainly HE most of the times?

lately i encounter some players even at higher tier who only fire HE. its really annoying because not only they do consistent damage, they can destroy lots of module an starts lots of fires. specially with battleship fire chances.

the most notorious BB i saw is Fusou, i encounter lots of fusou who fire only HE. i even saw her bring down an angled full HE mikhail kutuzov to 3k. kutuzov manage to sink her with AP, but she sank kutuzov with fires few seconds later.

tbh, i kinda tried firing some HE on my USN BB too. specially against angled BB. but when i do it, i miss my chances do deal massive or one shot some cruisers. so i still uses AP most of the time and just hold my fire till i find and opportunity.

what do you think about BB who mainly uses HE?

Ok i admit im the scrub in the montana firing HE. Thats how i have been making those 500k credit games for the missions :)

1,126 posts

since I'm sooooo fed-up of stupid over-pen and bounce-off that plague BB AP shell

now I'm build my amagi with IFHE and fire HE more often (but up close, i still use AP )

Edited by PGM991

250 posts
13,190 battles

It is fine if you are in situation that need HE to do the job that AP can't do well (i.e. well angled ships, Long rang snipe for low penetration gun like Scharnhorst but you should not do it anyway)

However, some of players use it too often and even shoot it at full broadside cruiser .... :facepalm:

I had one game that I did my best to turn the tide because our team is losing. but one of our Fuso sit back and snipe with HE the whole time even enemy Atago sail 10km away from him. If he load AP and sink that Atago, we could win that game but he didn't  so we lost (not including retarded two Atago that led Gremmyashy eat him alive)

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,499 battles

IFHE is the main reason for the flood of BB HE only fire. It is quite a potato skill that remove the need to angle yourself cause no matter how hard your angle you still will eat a crapload of damage and a fire here and there.

This skill will also negate the bow on tactic commonly employed by high tier BB.

The skill the way i see it is messing up too many things , weaker players can just use it and never have to worry about switching ammo again.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

IFHE is the main reason for the flood of BB HE only fire. It is quite a potato skill that remove the need to angle yourself cause no matter how hard your angle you still will eat a crapload of damage and a fire here and there.

This skill will also negate the bow on tactic commonly employed by high tier BB.

The skill the way i see it is messing up too many things , weaker players can just use it and never have to worry about switching ammo again.

uh no. even before this patch i notice a trend of HE using BB. i mostly see IJN bb like fusou and amagi. there are some km like tirpitz and USN like montana. i like it when i'm on cruiser at safe distance because it means no random citadel. but its really painful when you are in bb and angling.

Beta Tester
913 posts

As a Yamato I do hate it when other non-Yamato BB keep firing HE (of course after they tried AP and dealt small damage)

I dont fire AP from range, I know in my Montana, I can do 10k salvos from 20km out on a Yamato with HE, also the chance of applying a DOT. Anyone firing AP is stupid because it will never pen unless broadside, even then thats iffy. HE has its uses.
Edited by SlamUez

Beta Tester
913 posts

uh no. even before this patch i notice a trend of HE using BB. i mostly see IJN bb like fusou and amagi. there are some km like tirpitz and USN like montana. i like it when i'm on cruiser at safe distance because it means no random citadel. but its really painful when you are in bb and angling.

I never fire HE at a cruiser, since I am leveling Seagal in the montana. I have the AP/HE skill. Give me a juicy broadside, the AP will be coming within 7.5 secs for the switch. LOL.