You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Are custom Crosshair/Reticle allowed?

10 comments in this topic

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Firstly I just want to make clear that I have no desire to create an aim assist. I would like to try some custom reticles I have in mind.

1/ Is custom reticle allowed? I can see from previous competition that they once were. Did aim assist ruin that for everyone else?

2/ How would I implement? Previous instructions I have found worked on a .swf file. Seems the reticle implementation has changed?

FWIW I want a reticle that scales to distance. So (very) roughly like this

2n8vi9k.png

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Well there is already a dynamic crosshair so I think it would be fine

I'm not refering to dynamic. I want one that is to closer to scale relative to foreground and background. Things in the distance are at a different scale than things that are close. I want the ellipse like I have in my picture.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I'm not refering to dynamic. I want one that is to closer to scale relative to foreground and background. Things in the distance are at a different scale than things that are close. I want the ellipse like I have in my picture.

Doesn't quite work that way. The perspective changes gradually as you move the cursor further away at max zoom into the distance, so your static ellipse will not be accurate at all.

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Doesn't quite work that way. The perspective changes gradually as you move the cursor further away at max zoom into the distance, so your static ellipse will not be accurate at all.

I understand that. But close up is not a problem. For long shots I would find it useful I think. Usefulness aside I would like to do it out of interest. Can it still be done, and if so any pointers?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I understand that. But close up is not a problem. For long shots I would find it useful I think. Usefulness aside I would like to do it out of interest. Can it still be done, and if so any pointers?

If your crosshair is static, you only need to edit at minimum one png file. Go download the official mods SDK, find crosshairs_res folder and the crosshair.swf file, and copy them to your res_mods folder in the following folder structure:

• res_mods/(client version)/gui/flash/
  • both the crosshairs_res folder and the swf file must be in the flash folder

In the crosshairs_res folder, replace whichever crosshair you want with your own.

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

FWIW I tried a reticle and didn't keep it. Problem I ran into was I could not get the design to cover more than about half the width of the screen, so there were no markings wide enough for a decent lead on the target. Maybe there was a problem with my file dimensions? Gave it a shot though :D (that's punny)