You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xscore

Mikhail Kutuzov is OP

18 comments in this topic

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

After playing MK after the patch, I have only one thing to say, we don't need Zaos in Tier 8, we especially do not need Zaos with smoke in tier 8.  Now I know why Zao is not nerfed, for they have buffed the other CLs to Zao levels.

The Mikhail Kutuzov is an especially overpowered ship, given the right captain skills.  With the following skills, which I personally use:

-Priority Target

-Adrenaline rush

-Demolition Expert

-Inertial Fuse for HE Shells

-Concealment Expert

Given this setup, one has 11.1km detection range, 11% Fire chance (12% with flags), and just over 32mm of HE penetration.  One's reload also shortens down to 6.5s if damaged, allowing one to spam HE quickly at long range when at low HP.  Given the Kutuzov's smoke and insane range, it has really disproportionate influence over the battle.  Plus, the increase in HE alpha more than offsets the decrease in fire damage.  While before one gets about 60k HE damage and about the same (or slightly more) fire damage, now one easily gets over 100k HE damage, with about the third of HE alpha damage in fires.  This is definitely not balanced, the MK does too much damage.
Like previously you do no damage to saturated BB superstructure, now shells that hit the hull and bow/stern(32mm) do full damage.  This equates to about 6k per salvo on early game and 1.5-3k late game, and the DPM increase hilariously as you take damage.

WG Nerf pls
Seriously mate, this thing is too OP, earning 700+k every game while farming enemy BBs in smoke is cheesing.

IFHE OP.png

Regards
Your local HE Spammer scumbag who is actually concerned about game playability

Also, buy MK for maximum keks

IFHE OP.png

Edited by xscore

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,957 battles

Case in point, Mk is unreasonably op. But are you implying that wargaming would nerf a premium vehicle?

Edited by 9mm1n

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,063 battles

It's more than nerfing a premium ship It's nerfing a Russian premium ship, good luck getting that to happen. With that being said people having hissy fits over premium ships getting nerfed always makes me laugh as the alternative is that they get power creeped out of the game which brings out a whole host of other problems.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Still it's prone to her sister's lol stealth radar.

Both Chapayev and Kutuzov is OP in my opinion.. And don't forget Atago. These 3 is the most competitive CA in t8.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,827 battles

Case in point, Mk is unreasonably op. But are you implying that wargaming would nerf a premium vehicle?

Mikasa would like to have a word.

The Type 59 and Super Pershing as well.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

The Type 59 and Super Pershing as well.

Lesta Studio is separate to the devs at WG Minsk, and WoT examples shouldn't be immediately used as a precedent. Otherwise, we'd have WoT justifying gold shells in WoWS.

Not to mention, the Super Pershing nerf came with the option for a full refund to players. Even WG Minsk said that there should never again be a similar instance to the Super Pershing, since the nerf caused more hassle to WG logistically.

Edited by benlisquare

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

It's more than nerfing a premium ship It's nerfing a Russian premium ship, good luck getting that to happen.

Gremy sends it's regards to the sister ship as she transcends to tier VI.

1,498 posts

Quick, you had better sell it, it's OP

it's a bad thing to own or use a ship that is OP

Even if it is in the game, even if WG has left it the way it is

Even if it is a premium ship

Even if it is a Russian ship

Even if the player happens to be good

Don't you know it's bad omen

OP OP OP OP OP OP

what we should do I think is either:

1: delete all the  so called OP ships, that way, NO ONE can complain.

2: hit the reporting button on all the players for playing poorly l, when they come across an OP ship & fail to sink the blighter.:red_button:

3: delete eveyones account that dares to own an OP ship, including me.

4: heavily fine those players who own an OP ship

5: nerf the hell out of the OP ships, so that EVERYONE cannot complain about OP ships anymore.

6: permanently ban the topic of OP ships so we don't have to hear ppl whinge about them.

My two cents over this tiresome pro DD thread of OP ships.

Lets talk about something new

Ordrazz

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

All Prems are slightly Nerfed...except the Murmansk. One of the best prems running around

Have you played Paytago and MK? How about Missouri? 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,859 posts
4,140 battles

Premiums aren't nerfed.  They are just altered somewhat.  Look at ships like the Atlanta.  A floating machine gun that burns things.  Add IFHE and it will be a damage monster.     This is balanced by the fact that you have to get so close ot anything they will just delete you if you don't play smart.\

I think the IFHE skill is the real greay man of the new skills.  all the attention is on RDF so this one sneaks through.   Ships thaty previously relied on burning will now be using their HE for increased damage as well.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Premiums aren't nerfed.  They are just altered somewhat.  Look at ships like the Atlanta.  A floating machine gun that burns things.  Add IFHE and it will be a damage monster.     This is balanced by the fact that you have to get so close ot anything they will just delete you if you don't play smart.\

I think the IFHE skill is the real greay man of the new skills.  all the attention is on RDF so this one sneaks through.   Ships thaty previously relied on burning will now be using their HE for increased damage as well.

but the atlanta has a weakness , short range 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

2 torpedo spread on my gearing and MK is GG.

saw couple of antlanta when i'm playing my blyskawicka. they say HEAP increased their HE damage, so i tried it on my atlanta. i was doing 5k-6K per volley on her now against the french. i need more testing against other BB.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

what i get from reading your post is Kutuzov is not OP but IFHE is

Indeed, 4 inch guns and 6/7 inch guns can now pen 19mm and 32mm respectively.  Now you easily get 100k HE alpha in 6 inch CLs when previously you get less than half that damage.  This somehow disproportionately affects Belfast (which was already OP) and MK (which was previously borderline) due to their combination of smoke and good HE DPM.

Also don't forget Adrenaline rush.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Hmmm... Tested IFHE on DM. I'm getting more damage on my He shells now. Constantly doing 3k damage + fires to a Yamato was fun.