You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Loshirai14

Countering RPF

31 comments in this topic

345 posts
3,750 battles

This only works if your team is willing to communicate

Step 1: Ask your team if an enemy has RPF (communication is key)

Step 2: Identify which ship has RPF

Step 3: Tell your team to focus the ship that has RPF (RPF is more effective with less ships around)

Step 4: Sink it. Don't let it stay alive too long

This is going to be harder to pull off if the target enemy is a DD. 

PS: Yes, i know. RPF is renamed to Radio Location. 

To be honest. RPF is useless. You're basically giving away your direction to the one you're tracking.

Not an ideal skill for a DD. Enemy ships be like "someone i can't see is tracking me and i'm the closest ship to that guy".

Edited by Loshirai14

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
345 posts

To whom it may concern:

I got the skill in a BB (tier 7) and wanted to try it out in training room then...

- I tried 1v1 against a DD and I still have to find the DD because it did not gave me any indication on where the DD is until it shoots me.

- then I tried a 12 v 12 bot battle (with every ship types), and yet it did not work - I still have to look at the mini map to locate enemy DD s spotted by team DD s.

Some say it worked across the other side of the map, some say they got permanently spotted until their ships were sank.

How does it work? What is (are) the indicator(s) (icon) looks like.:amazed:

Please advice to this genuine question.

Thank you

Your sincerely

your next door random 50% average noob that you might not want to meet.

66 posts
9,624 battles

To be honest. RPF is useless. You're basically giving away your direction to the one you're tracking.

Not an ideal skill for a DD. Enemy ships be like "someone i can't see is tracking me and i'm the closest ship to that guy".

Err... no your not, the "Located" signal doesn't tell you anything about direction/location of the ship tracking you. And if the one with RLoc isn't the closest one to you, you will have no idea where he is even if you have RLoc aswell.

And communication on a server with dozens of different languages and no decent in-game comms tools is haphazard to say the least.

Its effectiveness in Random battles is hit and miss, depending on who has it and their overall skill level (its actually a massive buff to already skillful players).... and oh boy, Ranked is mostly likely going to be shit with this "skill".

345 posts
3,750 battles

Err... no your not, the "Located" signal doesn't tell you anything about direction/location of the ship tracking you. And if the one with RLoc isn't the closest one to you, you will have no idea where he is even if you have RLoc aswell.

And communication on a server with dozens of different languages and no decent in-game comms tools is haphazard to say the least.

Its effectiveness in Random battles is hit and miss, depending on who has it and their overall skill level (its actually a massive buff to already skillful players).... and oh boy, Ranked is mostly likely going to be shit with this "skill".

I thought the warning was pointing towards the ship (It looked like it when i encountered one). Silly me.

But still, It's not an ideal skill for a DD that relies somewhat on surprise attacks. The one you're trying to surprise would know someone is trying to get close.

RPF will barely affect a battle. There are 10-12 players on each team. Maybe 0-2 ships with RPF. RPF only tracks one target. If you're an IJN DD, target those who has no RPF. Simple solution. 

RPF's main effect is intimidation. As long as the rest of your team doesn't get intimidated by RPF, You will win.

RPF is just a waste of skill points. If a BB takes it, they'll ruin not just their build, but also their playstyle. RPF will make you too cautious that you avoid risks too much that it costs you the battle.

2,252 posts
13,967 battles

I thought the warning was pointing towards the ship (It looked like it when i encountered one). Silly me.

But still, It's not an ideal skill for a DD that relies somewhat on surprise attacks. The one you're trying to surprise would know someone is trying to get close.

RPF will barely affect a battle. There are 10-12 players on each team. Maybe 0-2 ships with RPF. RPF only tracks one target. If you're an IJN DD, target those who has no RPF. Simple solution. 

RPF's main effect is intimidation. As long as the rest of your team doesn't get intimidated by RPF, You will win.

RPF is just a waste of skill points. If a BB takes it, they'll ruin not just their build, but also their playstyle. RPF will make you too cautious that you avoid risks too much that it costs you the battle.

Well technically you may not have been right, but practically....

Often you can get a good idea what direction they are in because you now know they are closer to you than your nearest ally. So if your ally is slightly ahead and to your right then enemy on left, etc.. If you then turn behind your ally and watch when you lose target status you can tell exactly on what line they are, just distance is unknown.

Edited by keskparane

43 posts
15,256 battles

rpf is useless they say:unsure: then i got sunk twice by a dd using rpf on my flecher:ohmy:. reskilled and removed aft for rpf and on my first match with it sunk a yugumo using rpf:teethhappy:. now im going to use it in all my dds:trollface:.

[AUSNZ]
59 posts
11,988 battles

IMO it only seems useful for DD's hunting other DDs.  And then maybe for stealth DDs wanting to counter this scenario, but I have not put it on any of mine as yet. 

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

IMO it only seems useful for DD's hunting other DDs.  And then maybe for stealth DDs wanting to counter this scenario, but I have not put it on any of mine as yet. 

good for cruisers as well 

345 posts
3,750 battles

If you're a stealth DD. Never take RPF. You're basically warning your target that you're getting close to him. If you're a dedicated DD hunter. I don't recommend taking RPF. Imagine you're sailing in your Kiev, then suddenly you're detected and the guy you're tracking is actually a benson / fletcher. Who do you think wins? RPF will either intimidate yourself or intimidate the enemy. 

345 posts
3,750 battles

Your idea was doomed from the start.....................

It's actually better not to know if the enemy has RPF..

In my last battles, i realize that the enemy has RPF at around 10 mins. It's not gonna change the tide of battle since it's just a useless skill. We just continue our push, overwhelm the enemy and tadaa. Victory.

It's not like RPF can launch tactical nukes to our ships and kill us instantly eh?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

It's not like RPF can launch tactical nukes to our ships and kill us instantly eh?

That argument so invalid since there no such skill in WoWs that can change tide of battle by just activating the skill...

And the point of RPF is not for change tide of battle... but to gathering extra information for particular purpose and will never benefit every player in general..

Just because this skill is useless to you doesn't mean it useless for everyone (much like i love playing Tashkent while other dont) :D:D:D

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

LoL. Tried this patch last night and RDF, and there was never an enemy chance to flank me on my cruisers. The poor yugumo tried to sneak past but i trapped him in the map edge and killed him. This skill completely eliminated, you can say, a facet of this game, the stealth style tactics. Yes, it's expensive in points but you have no chance of knowing whos the enemy with this skill. Yes, CVs and BBs are unlikely to get this skill because mostly the BB skills are all worthlessly stacked on tier 3 and are expensive.

People think this skill is weak and useless because they don't know how to take advantage of it. It doesn't add any tangible effect such as damage or HP, but it is a skill that aides decision making. So, unlike other skills, if the player is stupid in the first place, this skill won't do anything. Overall, imma uninstall this game for a while and read any changes to these skill, I just can't like this game at this stage.

Edited by Deicide

345 posts
3,750 battles

LoL. Tried this patch last night and RDF, and there was never an enemy chance to flank me on my cruisers. The poor yugumo tried to sneak past but i trapped him in the map edge and killed him. This skill completely eliminated, you can say, a facet of this game, the stealth style tactics. Yes, it's expensive in points but you have no chance of knowing whos the enemy with this skill. Yes, CVs and BBs are unlikely to get this skill because mostly the BB skills are all worthlessly stacked on tier 3 and are expensive.

People think this skill is weak and useless because they don't know how to take advantage of it. It doesn't add any tangible effect such as damage or HP, but it is a skill that aides decision making. So, unlike other skills, if the player is stupid in the first place, this skill won't do anything. Overall, imma uninstall this game for a while and read any changes to these skill, I just can't like this game at this stage.

The yugumo probably doesn't know what RPF is and what it does. If i'm being tracked, i will never try to sneak up unless the tracking is gone. I can just sneak up on your teammates and kill them one by one. 

People be like "I killed someone using RPF". What if i tell you that i killed someone that has RPF by sneaking up on him. RPF is a 50/50 skill. You either get fooled by your own skill or scare someone with it.

If you know you're a good player, RPF will not scare you. Only the person with RPF can track you. And if you're better than that person, you can easily outsmart him.

RPF is a skill that relies on communication and teamwork to be effective. If your team doesn't respond to your warnings, you will still lose.

We all know that communication and teamwork doesn't exist in asia server :trollface:

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,454 battles

WoWs is so broken and WG should consider refund 

This skill is working as intended. It's perfectly balans, I see nothing wrong wif radio 

:hiding::red_button:

307 posts
6,429 battles

The yugumo probably doesn't know what RPF is and what it does. If i'm being tracked, i will never try to sneak up unless the tracking is gone. I can just sneak up on your teammates and kill them one by one. 

People be like "I killed someone using RPF". What if i tell you that i killed someone that has RPF by sneaking up on him. RPF is a 50/50 skill. You either get fooled by your own skill or scare someone with it.

If you know you're a good player, RPF will not scare you. Only the person with RPF can track you. And if you're better than that person, you can easily outsmart him.

RPF is a skill that relies on communication and teamwork to be effective. If your team doesn't respond to your warnings, you will still lose.

We all know that communication and teamwork doesn't exist in asia server :trollface:

Yes that is my only whine about the Asia server ... lack of teamwork and communications.